⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying taking off Bale was bad, it was just the shuffle and awkward positioning caused by not doing a like for like change

The team just lacked the cutting edge going forward. At the time of the sub they were up 2-1...i actually liked Mendy coming on to lock it down. I can't really blame anyone other then the defense literally falling asleep for the two goals.

I think if you give Hazard that pen then the Ramos foul at the end was a pen too. It is always tough for me when they give penalties when the player obviously isn't going to get the ball but a foul is a foul

Should have been Mendy for Marcelo. Or having Marcelo slot in as RW leaving Vini at the left.

Bright side is Hazard didn't miss a beat. Displayed his world class ability, and looked very sharp. The aesthetic of our play increases so much with him too. He, Benz, and Marcelo were linking up really nicely.

Wow, woke up from a nap to see Real Madrid drew...it just ruined my 6 team parlay, no way I could of hedged it either :sick::sick::smh:

With both Real Madrid and City playing so up and down, idk what to expect in the 1st leg. Prior to this draw I feel like the timing of the scandal and playing the 3rd game in 7 days let alone it being at the Bernebeau might cost us the 1st leg.

Never saw them drawing and giving up 2 goals to 17th ranked Celta Vigo with the best defensive record either. This will definitely come down to the white board from Zidane and Pep and how he rotates and picks our squad. If Celta Vigo can get a draw, so can we :lol:

Some dude for Porto was racially abused and he walked off the pitch 🗣✊🏿

I love it when they walk the hell off.

RM missed sooo many chances to score... Celta played the line great against our D to score..

Wow, woke up from a nap to see Real Madrid drew...it just ruined my 6 team parlay, no way I could of hedged it either :sick::sick::smh:

With both Real Madrid and City playing so up and down, idk what to expect in the 1st leg. Prior to this draw I feel like the timing of the scandal and playing the 3rd game in 7 days let alone it being at the Bernebeau might cost us the 1st leg.

Never saw them drawing and giving up 2 goals to 17th ranked Celta Vigo with the best defensive record either. This will definitely come down to the white board from Zidane and Pep and how he rotates and picks our squad. If Celta Vigo can get a draw, so can we :lol:

I hate to put so much into one match, but today showed me that we can play extremely well, and still draw to a wack team. Idc if this sounds like an ESPN cliche, but it’s really going to be one of those where you throw predictions out the window and just watch unfold.

I think that anyone who appreciates history and understands the current geopolitical climate can only appreciate this. In a time where nazis are popping up within America of all places, and we see racism get swept under the rug or even enabled (looking at you Serie A) it’s the country that gave rise to nazis that has taken one of the strongest and immediately proactive actions against racism in footy we’ve seen.

There was no bs like players coming with that paternalistic attitude of “hey we got your back, but just ignore it and play through it’s no big deal.” It wasn’t a “well this is inconvenient.” Nah, they literally put the book out on how to deal with these situations, including shaming these bums at the end.

****in Germany of all places taking this stand. I know this is just a pretty homogenous sample size, but it’s not common that we see individual people reconcile and overcome the worst parts of their past. It’s a beautiful thing to see a country do it. And to tie it into the game we love. The ideal scenario is that idiots like that don’t even exist in the first place, but in a time where we have confederate pride and nazi free speech advocacy at its peak within our own borders, it’s a nice change of pace from all the other racial abuse stories that come out.

Last edited:
EQ908o-WAAAqD9t

EQ7FLlsWAAAjH1-

EQ7mZTmXYA0Mmu3

🔥 🔥

His teammates looked like clowns in the moment pulling a Bonucci,hope UEFA comes down hard on those scum

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom