⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whew...

pdiddyreacts.gif

Need sterling to stay.

Even if he’s not playing at the level he was at 2018-2020 he’s still one of our most important players. Even this season his uptick in form around December and January is what took us top and got us that lead in the first place

I get his point but they're definitely not an underdog at this stage.

Him and Pep have a habit of talking like they still are and haven't been running the league for the last 5 years :lol:

TL

What’s the summary on these owners? :lol:

Boehly is just a finance genius dude who enjoys sports. He likes to sit with fans in the stands instead of the executive suites where he can taste the match-going experience. He is more like a low profile person that does work in the shadow while letting his partners to take the attention. Think of Batman to Superman in Justice League

He's a former college wrestling star which is a good sign. Winning is important to wrestlers in general

He acknowledges Chelsea fans' concerns over the American owns a football club thing and his longtime friend/partner Spurs fan Jonathon Goldstein. Goldstein is a London property investor who will focus on Stamford Bridge mainly. He added two longtime Chelsea fans to his group who will likely become board members of the football club; journalist Daniel Frinkelstein that write football stats column & political commentary and PR music executive Barbara Charone

He withdrew his bid from buying US women's football team Washington Spirit recently. He sees high value in Chelsea's women team due to the growth of women football

Roman leaves us in the best possible hands

Action speaks louder than words

I get his point but they're definitely not an underdog at this stage.

Him and Pep have a habit of talking like they still are and haven't been running the league for the last 5 years :lol:

Klopp doesn't have the luxury to buy the hottest overpriced player on the market. He has to develop players. A lot goes into it. City had Sane and Bernardo on bench at one point. They missed out on champions league cause of tactical issues and their solution was to splash money on Haaland. Vastly two different situations. Yes, he may have Liverpool running good, but that doesn't happen overnight.

Klopp doesn't have the luxury to buy the hottest overpriced player on the market. He has to develop players. A lot goes into it.
I mean you guys broke the transfer records for a defender and keeper at the time too so it's not like you don't spend either :lol:

Granted you sell and spend much smarter and he does develop the talent well but Liverpool wasn't a pesky upstart similar to Dortmund when he took over there.

Club was in a different place for sure but still one of the 2 most storied clubs in the country with ample resources.

I mean you guys broke the transfer records for a defender and keeper at the time too so it's not like you don't spend either :lol:

Granted you sell and spend much smarter and he does develop the talent well but Liverpool wasn't a pesky upstart similar to Dortmund when he took over there.

Club was in a different place for sure but still one of the 2 most storied clubs in the country with ample resources.
Uhm, look at who's in the squad when he took over vs who's in the squad now. Night and day. Klopp developed all players on the roster including those not in his future squad plans and when they left they were able to get into other teams that were still playing top flight footy. Under Rodgers those players looked cooked.

The context behind both transfers was we transfered in players from both Roma and Southampton(Mane and Salah) that we got for a steal, so both clubs upcharged on future transfers. We needed quality keeper and defender and thus had to pay for both. Plus, people saw that we were flushes with cash after the Coutinho transfer and wanted some of that.

We were competitive, but not enough where we were able to qualify and reach 3 champions league finals within 5 years. That didn't come from just buying players cause even Van Dik and Allison had to work in order to fit into the system.

Last edited:
Picked up TOTS Son to complete my Spurs squad on Fifa and my guy has been causing ragequit after ragequit :lol:
This one from today is just beautiful, 80 minutes in he pressed that pause button to quit the second Son's shot went in

Note: If you have a keeper with either really good or really bad kicking, you can max power kick it to roughly where the ball landed in this video and it'll often cause the opponent's goalkeeper AI to mess up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom