⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD:

Status
Not open for further replies.
kind of surprised Chelsea would sell the Lebron James of soccer with a American owner taking over.

wouldn't you want him to push your brand in the states? especially with a WC around the corner.
Apparently Tuchel doesn't rate him much which is interesting since he signed him and gave him his start in Euro footy at Dortmund :lol:

Chelsea definitely need to revamp their forward group

Posted this the other day

man sucks for phonzie, but this was too funny :lol:

Remember when he left Liverpool to win the Champions league? He’s still chasing that ring while we’re about to play our third final since he left.
Wasn't just that. We had Brendan Rogers fighting him over his new contract and questioning his ability. I'm sure he wished that he stuck it out considering we booted Rogers out the door a few months later, but it worked out as it should.

He used to work for Arsenal didn't he?

The money in the PL nowadays is bonkers top to bottom but I feel like these things come in cycles though.

When I was a kid Serie A was the top league with the best players in the world more often than not playing for the big 3. The Prem was top dog for a period of time after until the second half of and the late 2000's when La Liga really took the crown in Europe competition and prestige wise off the back of the Spanish golden generation and some historic Barca and Real sides.

La Liga was king up until maybe 4-5 years ago when the English squads started going deep in Europe again and the best coaches of this era came.

Gonna be tough for anyone to match the economics of the Prem anytime soon given its massive reach globally which produces the giant TV/advertising deals they get but competitively and in terms of attracting talent I wouldn't be surprised to see the other leagues step up again at one point in the future.

Last edited:

He used to work for Arsenal didn't he?

The money in the PL nowadays is bonkers top to bottom but I feel like these things come in cycles though.

When I was a kid Serie A was the top league with the best players in the world more often than not playing for the big 3. The Prem was top dog for a period of time after until the second half of and the late 2000's when La Liga really took the crown in Europe competition and prestige wise off the back of the Spanish golden generation and some historic Barca and Real sides.

La Liga was king up until maybe 4-5 years ago when the English squads started going deep in Europe again and the best coaches of this era came.

Gonna be tough for anyone to match the economics of the Prem anytime soon given its massive reach globally but competitively and in terms of attracting talent I wouldn't be surprised to see the other leagues step up again at one point.

La Liga clubs aren't too far removed. Italian clubs could still compete, but mismanagement is what ****ed them. Inter and AC finally got their act together and this allowed for a more competitive entertaining league. Juve over leveraged for Ronaldo to taste Champions league victory.

Italy hasnt been the same since Calcioppoli.

Outside of Juve no one seems to be able to put on consistent deep Runs in the knockouts stages of UCL.

I know this doesn't have to do with cash on hand but there's no way we shouldn't be leveraging this to have more money to spend thru sponsorships or taking on some low interest loans to buy players and strengthen our squad so we don't have such heavy down years immediately after european success. more success=more income to repay the debt taken on

man if we could get Tchouameni that would be amazing, wouldn't even hate on seeing him paired up with Camavingha tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom