⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD:

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only question out of the PSG fiasco is if Real will write him off forever.

I don't know if the two deals that were on the table were similar as far as money was concerned. But the offer that was reported by PSG...for only 3 years....you would be stupid to turn it down. Would have rather seen him at Real Madrid but glad the saga is over for now

Just finding out about the Mbappé news. That’s crazy, I would rather see him at Real but that bag is crazy stupid, how do you turn that down. I’d imagine that there is even more pressure for them to win a CL title now

Good ****ing lord, people are over the top ridiculous with this Mbappe ****. People really crying about a kid not signing for their team after such a long period of uncertainty? I sincerely hope Donatello scores a hatty against Madrid in the CL finals next year to win it for PSG. The entitlement of some of these fans is beyond insufferable.

i’ve mentioned here before, i’m foreign to the futbol world but i’m trying man :lol:

why is it such a big deal he had a change of heart and decided to stay? why is RM so damn salty about it?

Mbappe having to approve signings/deals is crazy tho. imagine being a player currently on the team and ****ing up in practice or a game and Mbappe says he bout to fire your weak *** :lol: i wonder if this will have ramifications into other sports.

Excellent news if true
674E27C9-569D-404F-A76E-8ABCC7AE0682.jpeg

i’ve mentioned here before, i’m foreign to the futbol world but i’m trying man :lol:

why is it such a big deal he had a change of heart and decided to stay? why is RM so damn salty about it?

Mbappe having to approve signings/deals is crazy tho. imagine being a player currently on the team and ****ing up in practice or a game and Mbappe says he bout to fire your weak *** :lol: i wonder if this will have ramifications into other sports.
He wouldn't be able to fire someone while they are under contract. There would be legal ramifications. The reason why this is so big is because Madrid was under the impression that he would join their club. He would be a free agent this summer, so no transfer fee between clubs would be involved and Mbappe lead them and others on to believe that he would be joining Madrid because it was his dream club as a kid.

He's a big young talent in terms of skill, image and marketing and could possibly be the face of Football in years to come, so that's why there's so much going on about this. IMO if Madrid really wanted him, they should have went after him while he was at Monaco especially while he was lighting it up during champions league.

The NBA equivalent would be like if Jason Tatum grew up a laker fan and then entered UFA lead them on had them not pursue other possible FA and then decide to stay at Boston.

Last edited:

Closest thing to compare it to in recent American sports is the Kawhi Lakers/Clippers situation.

But instead of Ballmer being the owner it’s an oil rich country :lol:

So you got salt over not getting the marquee player like you are accustomed to and salt over losing that marquee player to a club with unlimited spending power due to being state owned.

They basically getting a taste of their own medicine and they don’t like it.

After Barca's final match against Villarreal they're jetting off to play a mid-week friendly in Sydney, the money must be good then.

There's no way the figures in that contract is real right? That'd be even bigger than Messi's last 4 yr contract at Barca?

Good ****ing lord, people are over the top ridiculous with this Mbappe ****. People really crying about a kid not signing for their team after such a long period of uncertainty? I sincerely hope Donatello scores a hatty against Madrid in the CL finals next year to win it for PSG. The entitlement of some of these fans is beyond insufferable.

💯

Between Mbappe’s saga and Messi flirting with Inter Miami, my guy Neymar has become the forgotten man. I know it sounds hyperbolic, but he needs this World Cup badly this winter. Career feels like it has become so inconsequential these last few seasons

Between Mbappe’s saga and Messi flirting with Inter Miami, my guy Neymar has become the forgotten man. I know it sounds hyperbolic, but he needs this World Cup badly this winter. Career feels like it has become so inconsequential these last few seasons

Allegedly part of Coach Mbappe’s plans are to find Neymar an exit this summer.

But I agree Neymar definitely needs to show out this WC, most probably his last.

If Neymar’s contract was up or he demanded a transfer, he’d get the same amount of attention. His situation is stable at the moment so there’s nothing to report on.

I know it’ll never happen, but I wish they’d come up with a rule that if 1st and 2nd place are within 1-2 points, then they have to play each other for the championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom