⛔️ {Thread is NOW CLOSED. New Football Thread, Link on Last Page.}⛔️

Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Chelsky fans are apparently ripping Cech apart on the twitter.

In other news...

I am very excited to announce my latest deal with Mint Media, owned by my good friend, businessman Peter Lim from Singapore, to acquire my image rights. This is a very strategic move for me and my management team to take the Cristiano Ronaldo brand to the next level, especially in Asia.

View media item 1605097

Can some one explain "image rights" like...you are you...who else has rights to you? Or like does Nike own CR? or does Real Madrid own his image for money making purposes?

@acmilan @BertolacciTweet is a red&black player! He signed the contract until June 30th, 2019. Welcome Andrea!
#weareacmilan
@GFN_France Lyon President Aulas confirms that Marseille have until tomorrow to respond to a €10m offer for Nicolas N'Koulou http://goo.gl/qUPVGs
West Ham and Liverpool are in discussions with Aymen Abdennour's representatives, according to RMC http://goo.gl/pQenep
Marseille closing in on Idrissa Gueye deal, even with West Ham present, according to Le Parisien journalist http://goo.gl/TDsW5D
No deal between AS Monaco & AS Roma for Mattia Destro, according to Sky Italia http://goo.gl/DmZd6i
Monaco set €25m price-tag for Yannick Ferreira Carrasco http://goo.gl/I2hSnm

Lacazette offered to Arsenal for £21m? The truth on today's claims
Posted by SPORT WITNESS on June 29, 2015 at 14:45 in Sport Witness Football

Things are getting worse. The Daily Telegraph, once given kudos as a broadsheet of some regard, are in a race to the bottom with the usual suspects. On Sunday they said 'Chilean newspaper La Stampa' had claimed Arturo Vidal would be off to Arsenal. Not only is La Stampa an Italian newspaper, but La Stampa didn't claim such a thing - not even close. (You can read about that here)

On Monday The Telegraph report 'Lyon offer Arsene Wenger striker Alexandre Lacazette for £21m', you would be forgiven for thinking that means Lyon had offered Lacazette to Arsenal for £21m, you would be very wrong indeed.

With a bit of digging it turns out the reports have come from Italy, and The Daily Express, with references to a report in newspaper Corriere della Sera. That's one of the hundreds of newspapers we have access to every day and so the first thing was to see if they mentioned Arsenal today. They did, but only in the TV listings. The only mention of Arsenal in Corriere della Sera is a classic match on Fox Sports this evening between the club and Chelsea.

They also mention Lacazette, but with regard to Roma interest. Corriere della Sera's report on the French striker says 'Lacazette and Dzeko in pole position for the attack - It would take about thirty million for Alexandre Lacazette, 24, a forward who can span the whole of the front of the attack. The Frenchman of Olympique Lyon would be ideal for the game of Rudi Garcia. Buying Lacazette, even for his age, would be most welcome by sporting director Walter Sabatini.'

That is that. And yet from that, and The Daily Express - because they won't bother reading the original report, The Telegraph have got 'Lyon offer Arsene Wenger striker Alexandre Lacazette for £21m'. Corriere della Sera don't even say Lacazette has been offered to Roma, they speculate on a price. You couldn't make it up, but then again you quite clearly could.

The problem is that The Telegraph, for now at least, has a veneer of credibility and so the story is then picked up elsewhere. The Metro and others will have required little encouragement but it's also now appearing in Italy as 'according to The Telegraph'. It's become 'A Thing' from absolutely nothing.

Speaking of CR7, it's funny how few male groupies he has here in Portugal compared to the US. I've been in Lisboa for the past 4 days (one of the most fun, friendly, and affordable cities for travelers on Earth, btw) and I've seen ZERO Ronaldo clones here. Meanwhile back home in the Bay Area and when I visit LA, I see a whole bunch of these dudes every day :lol:

View media item 1605252

Last edited:
Word going around that Ramos told Real to listen to offers from MUFC only. 
eek.gif

In one month, Woodward flip the table on Real and Perez. Keeping our gk and gunning for their captain

Last edited:
Ramos not playing that soft ball :lol: he still isn't going anywhere

I'm leaning towards this probably being the end result but the club wouldn't be doing their jobs well if they didn't do their due diligence on the availability of a world class talent such as Ramos if their were rumblings that they wanted out.

Quote:
One of my friends said, "The best way to stop DDG leaving for Madrid is to bring Madrid to Manchester United.

Ed Woodward, you're a genius."

Last edited:
Man it's so hard to believe anything anymore. Lmao at the whole Ramos situation. I want him in Manchester but I won't get my hopes up.

Back
Top Bottom