🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

He really phoned it in on that song with J.Cole. How do you hear what J.Cole did and come with that? His two verses seem so out of place after what Cole did.
To me it really didn't seem like he listened to J.Cole verse. He just wanted to brag about chasing MJ:rofl:

there’s really nothing j cole can do to be looked at in the same light as drake

that seems to be the way drake sees it with kendrick and cole

he has all the popularity and accolades, they’re playing different games at this point

years ago this may have been a issue to drake like when big sean bested him on ‘all me’

today it doesn’t seem like he cares

20231007_165533.jpg

Oh you KNOW Joe hit a nerve.

Im a huge Drake fan,. and i've been out on Joe for a while but Joe has him so dead to rights.

It's just cringe hearing a near 40 year old rap like he's 16.

Im sure it's financially profitable but at some but don't get all offended when the critical consensus turns against you.

As someone who argues a lot on the internet, I can't knock someone else for arguing on the internet

But Drake probably should have just kept that to himself

Also, Drake should probably take a long break from music and hire a good therapist

nah he super lame for that, we talking about art and you're talking about planes and who flies first class.

Drake on the pure defensive because he knows Joe's critism is real.

and drake responded with facts.

joe was a failure in his hip hop career. he’s a 1 hit wonder.

nobody is talking about "success"

we are talking about art. there is no scoreboard to appeal to.
Art is subjective for one thing but in most cases art can be judged by how many people it resonates with.

People love to be pretentious with this sort of thing. Talking down on someone who did something you did but resonated with way less people is wild to me.

This is like when Grant Williams talked crazy about GSW after they lost.

Another Late Night goes :pimp:

Why Yatchy hard af to hear on it though, like they lowered his vocal volume, Drake sounds fine.

Art is subjective for one thing but in most cases art can be judged by how many people it resonates with.

no art is not purely subjective.

art is not art without objective criteria, context, history ect.

People love to be pretentious with this sort of thing. Talking down on someone who did something you did but resonated with way less people is wild to me.

No one is being talked down to, it's criticism. critics are supposed to critically evaluate. not simply state their preferences, those are two different things.

Michael Jordan is possibly the goat, but im going listen to Pat Riley (a relatively average NBA player) over MJ when comes to evaluating or building an NBA team.

greatness at a given craft doens't mean you are great at evaluating said craft.

Back
Top Bottom