🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Is it time to start talking Drake top 5 all time?

Only one kinda miss in 12-13 years...

Drake's cool, but if he's on your top 5 of all time list... then I should have put you on ignore long ago, because your opinions are garbage all around.

Drake's cool, but if he's on your top 5 of all time list... then I should have put you on ignore long ago, because your opinions are garbage all around.

And who the hell do you think you are?? Who’s more versatile than Drake?

**** versatility, lyrically, he's just ok. He'll never be on the same level as Nas, Jay-Z, Tupac, Biggie, GZA... I could seriously make a list 4x that long easily, but I'm not. Just don't let how weak the rap game is now cloud your judgment. You're still complaining about retros not being on the same level.

Who would Drake be competing against in a Top 5-10 of all time conversation

Hov
Pac
Big
Nas
Andre 3k

???

You could argue Top 15-20. Maaybe 10. But it's also probably a lot of classic discographies I haven't gone thru front to back.

Nas, Prodigy, Biggie, Tupac, Scarface, Ghostface Killah, Styles, Common, Pusha T, Twista, Rakim, Eminem, MF DOOM, AZ... I'm not trying to keep going here, but if you just want to say that please add mainstream or billboard rapper before that because quite frankly that's insulting.

I like Drake too, btw... but come on.

B1uge58CMAEP4vK.jpg

Tupac 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
GZA 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

RAKIM🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Rakim is TRASH. Serious garbage. Guy is just talking about absolutely nothing on those beats witha terrible flow at that.

Drake is a better rapper than every name you listed to me sans Hov so feel free to put me on ignore.

I'll give drake his props but I know yall don't really believe he stopped using ghost writers. Why would he? Mans came out with a track called 'know yourself' that he didn't even write. I don't look at him as a rapper but he's good at what he does

Last edited:
If that's referring to me... I stand by it. Old rap is by and large trash. Off beat trash bars like "if you like to rock then you love hip hop". That's all Rakim was. Its praised cause it was first. It doesn't make it good. Just like modern cars would wash a Ford Model T. We over rate things that were pioneers.

Top 5 rapper is like Top 5 presidents.

No matter how good you are as president you can't beat Washington or Lincoln because they set the standard by which we define a good president.

No matter how good you are at rapping you can't dislodge say Rakim, because Rakim set the template for modern rapping flow, delivery and lyrics wise.

Top 5 rapper is like Top 5 presidents.

No matter how good you are as president you can't beat Washington or Lincoln because they set the standard by which we define a good president.

No matter how good you are at rapping you can't dislodge say Rakim, because Rakim set the template for modern rapping flow, delivery and lyrics wise.
You can't get past ten without first passing two. That doesn't mean Rakim was good cause he was first. Rakim is trash. Again you're just giving undue praise cause he was first and "set the template" you're not judging it in a vacuum. You know his stuff is trash cause you have to apply these qualifiers to it.

But I will say this; no matter what you think about Drake.

How long until we get rapper that touches Drake in terms ability to execute so many different styles of rap music effectively.

Ultimately he is the perfect superstar for the transition of rap music from niche genre to the principle form of youth popular music.

You can't get past ten without first passing two. That doesn't mean Rakim was good cause he was first. Rakim is trash. Again you're just giving undue praise cause he was first and "set the template" you're not judging it in a vacuum. You know his stuff is trash cause you have to apply these qualifiers to it.

lol man im not judging it in a vacuum.
im just telling you how music criticism tends to work in the long haul. hate it or love it.

you will never dislodge the beatles as a top 5 rock group.
because they set the standard for rock music as a pop genre.

so you may think Drake is top 5, but I promise you, that will never be the consensus.

Back
Top Bottom