🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

I remember the MTV special like it was yesterday.

Drake-Better-Than-Good-Enough-Part-1-013.jpg

:pimp:

I think mine is buried in my closet behind a ton of sneaker boxes :lol:

Either Thank Me Later or My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy was the last physical CD I ever bought. Mad memories attached to TML.

I'll definitely take some time to revisit it today.
i still buy em
nowhere to actually play em besides the ps4 :lol:
last physical i bought was rather u than me or 444
one of those
they still wrapped in plastic
when nas next album thats actually good drop
im copping that

"Vivid memory, can someone send me a real ***** interlude?
To me, Benihana is pigeon food
This not a forgivin' mood"

"Everyone that's married is miserable
I know that that is not a lifestyle I can give into"

So Drizzy just cancelled Benihana's and marriage? :nerd:
he right about benihana
my marriage cool though
wife just put me to sleep with the p last night

Kush rolled glad full i prefer the better things...
Regarding how i feel about each album, Drake and Kanye's discography is almost a mirror image of one another.

Dropout/TML-raw emotion. They gave us what made them famous. Loved it.

Registration/Take care- both felt over produced. I liked it but didn't love it.

Graduation/nwts- the vibe was too pop and girly for me. But i absolutely loved one track (language, can't tell me nothing)

Slightly out of order but

Mbdtf/iyrtitl- epic. That's what i want to hear. Loved both.

Wtt/wattba-solid collab with another artist i like.

Everything else:
SmartSelect_20190615-223922_YouTube Vanced.gif

Few cuts here and there but nothing to write home about.

Last edited:
Imo only MBDTF is a classic. Drakes cumulative discography far out does his and Drake doesn't have a dud. Kanye has 808s Pablo and Ye.

Damn just these lines right here are so crazy and the epitome of why you
Liked drake when u first heard him.

He said **** no one else said. Bc he wasn’t that hard dude. Ironically these new tracks aren’t it for me...he became who he wanted to always be in high school and now there’s nothing that makes him different...maybe I need to listen again...but those OVO SoundCloud 4 am drops used to hit different all I’m saying :lol:

Is it just me

Imo only MBDTF is a classic. Drakes cumulative discography far out does his and Drake doesn't have a dud. Kanye has 808s Pablo and Ye.

What you gotta respect about Ye more than Drake is that Ye challenged himself infinitely for him to be on as big of a stage he was on and in the era he was in.

All of Drakes albums are Ye’s Pablo album...his most popular song types up till that point neatly packaged up for you...Drake has made that album over and over...

Except Pablo is bad

It’s definitely the least innovative Kanye album

I think pablo and Ye perfectly explain Kanye post Kim...he don’t have an identity of his own anymore and he’s living off of what he’s already contributed, little scraps and concepts that could be amazing if he dove into it for a full album but he can’t stay focused long enough and really just confused overall

But back to Drake...Pablo and drakes albums have in common that they are decent but they not what So Far Gone/The Mascot Albums was/were.

They listen to song types from their catalog and be like “what’s a beat with that _____ vibe”

Fake Love Hotline Bling lol

Damn just these lines right here are so crazy and the epitome of why you
Liked drake when u first heard him.

He said **** no one else said. Bc he wasn’t that hard dude. Ironically these new tracks aren’t it for me...he became who he wanted to always be in high school and now there’s nothing that makes him different...maybe I need to listen again...but those OVO SoundCloud 4 am drops used to hit different all I’m saying :lol:

Is it just me

“Winning is problematic”

Lol bruh take care and nothing was the same are loved...nobody cares about no Pablo :smh:

I love those albums but when they dropped people were still waiting for him to drop his Blueprint undeniable classic.

They get retroactively called a classic bc they’re his best albums and he never topped them.

Lol. “His blueprint undeniable classic”...riiiiight

In 10 years when there is someone new to hate on, these conversations will sound reeeeaaaaaaal different, we’ve seen this before

Back
Top Bottom