❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌‼️

Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

• Yup, still very young and filled with potential...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, no CM could be worth that much...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Juventus are poised to open talks with Everton over striker Romelu Lukaku, according to Tuttosport.

The purpose of the talks is to establish whether the Toffees would be willing to sell the Belgium international, who they signed from Chelsea in 2014 for a club-record £28million fee.

It is understood the Bianconeri, who have a healthy relationship with Lukaku’s agent Mino Raiola, are confident they'll receive positive answers from the discussions.

The agent of Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola admits he has no idea what the Spaniard has in mind for his future.

Bayern's chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge suggested at the weekend that a decision - one way or another - would be made before the Bundesliga's winter break, with Guardiola's contract up for renewal in the summer.

"Not even I know what Pep's intentions are," Josep Maria Orobitg told Munich's Tz newspaper . "We've had some intensive talks in the past few days, but when it comes to things like this, he's very private.

"He will make up his mind entirely based on his own impressions."

Arsenal are leading the chase for Accrington Stanley starlet Josh Windass, according to The Sun.

Windass, son of former Bradford and Hull striker Dean, has nine goals in 18 appearances for the League 2 side this season.

Brighton, Fulham, Hull and Portsmouth are also reportedly tracking the 21-year-old.

Southampton face a battle to keep star striker Graziano Pelle, who is wanted by Italian giants Juventus, according to the Daily Mirror

The Italian has nine goals in 16 appearances in all competitions for Southampton this season, and has four goals in eight caps for his country.

Champions Juventus are currently struggling in Serie A, sitting seventh after 12 games, nine points off top spot.

Cristiano Ronaldo's agent Jorge Mendes insists the Portuguese forward will end his career at Real Madrid.

Ronaldo's future at the Bernabeu has been widely speculated in recent weeks, but his representative remains firm on where his future is in the game.

"[Cristiano will] end his career at Real Madrid," Mendes said. "He loves Manchester United and Real Madrid, but his career will end in Madrid."

PSG striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has revealed he received an offer from former side AC Milan in the summer.

Speaking to Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport, the 34-year-old said the deal was not right for him, but was full of praise for the Serie A side.

"Last summer there was a great offer from Milan," he said. "If I had said yes, a deal would have been completed.

"However we didn't reach that point as it wasn't what I wanted. However I am grateful to Milan. They are the best club I've ever played for, and I've played for a lot of important teams.”

Diego Costa is fighting for his Chelsea future with Napoli’s Gonzalo Higuain high on the wish list of the Blues' long-term targets, according to the Daily Mirror.

Costa, who hit 21 goals last season following his move from Atletico Madrid, has just three to his name this term as Chelsea sit 16th in the Premier League.

Higuain, who was heavily linked with a move to Arsenal in the summer, has 65 goals in 117 appearances for the Serie A side.

Chelsea players want Didier Drogba to return to the club for a third spell, according to The Sun.

Champions Chelsea sit 16th in the Premier League under Jose Mourinho, with John Terry the only player remaining from their title-winning side when Drogba first joined the club in 2004.

The Ivorian striker has just completed his first competitive season with MLS side Montreal Impact, and is thought to be free until January.

Could have sworn I heard about Lukaku being linked to Juve the other day...or maybe I dreamt about it. But as of now, they do have 3 young strikers, not including Mandzukic.

I've never heard of Windass. I know we were linked to Bazoer last month. Don't know much about him either but Wenger knows how to pick his youth. I just read that Real wants to sell Jese and Arsenal is interesting

Anyone follow the Brazilian league?

http://lastwordonsports.com/2015/11/10/arsenal-on-loan-toral-goal-martinez-injury/

Except for Sanogo and Gnabry, all the other players have been having at least a decent season on loan. Most are starting, if not coming off the bench. Hayden could use a little more time off the bench. When Wellington was fit, he was starting, shame that he got injured. He had a good role within the team.
I know Wenger is going to reconsider Gnabry's loan deal, he made the bench the first couple of games of the season and that was that.
Sanogo is forgotten about, I don't think he'll be at Arsenal for much longer

I wanted to see Sanogo and Gnarby flourish.

First time I saw Yaya he was beasting on the US U-19 team :lol:

That whole french squad looked like giants compared to the US kids.

I wanted to see Sanogo and Gnarby flourish.

First time I saw Yaya he was beasting on the US U-19 team :lol:

That whole french squad looked like giants compared to the US kids.

That French squad was running ****! :lol:

Gnarby still has a chance, he just needs playing time. Going to a team managed by Pulis wasn't the best move. I would have tried to get him loaned out to a German club. The physicality of the EPL isn't an issue, it's just playing time.

Sanogo on the other hand...it hasn't happened yet and chances of it happening are slim. I can think of other strikers younger than him that are fairing better.

Just downloaded the Ronaldo movie torrent on KAT. Gonna give it a watch later tonight 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
19 players called into U23 MNT camp
Article Written by U.S. Soccer
Published: November 10, 2015
0 Comments
U.S. Under-23 Men's National Team head coach Andi Herzog has called 19 players to Recife for two friendlies against Brazil. The teams will first square off on Nov. 11 in Recife in a match that kicks off at 6 p.m. ET, before traveling north to Belém, Brazil on Nov. 15 for the second head-to-head, which kicks off at 4 p.m. ET.

The USA is coming off a third-place finish in the 2015 CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying Championship, a result that extended its quest for a berth in the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro. The team will face off with Colombia in March in a home-and-away playoff in one final qualifying opportunity. Nine players that competed for the U.S. in the qualifying tournament are back for this trip, including the tournament’s Golden Ball winner, Jerome Kiesewetter.

"These matches against Brazil are a huge opportunity for us," Herzog said. "On one hand you have a strong challenging South American opponent in Brazil, with a playing style that's similar to that of Colombia, and on the other we'll get to experience playing in Brazil, which is where we hope to be next summer for the Olympics."

Roster by Position:
GOALKEEPERS (3): Cody Cropper (MK Dons; Maple Grove, Minn.), Charlie Horton (Leeds United; Cleveland, Ohio), Jon Kempin (Sporting Kansas City; Leawood, Kan.)
DEFENDERS (7): John Brooks (Hertha BSC; Berlin, Germany), Cameron Carter-Vickers (Tottenham Hotspur; Westcliff on Sea, England), Eric Miller (Montreal Impact; Woodbury, Minn.), Shane O’Neill (Royal Mouscron; Boulder, Colo.), Boyd Okwuonu (Real Salt Lake; Edmund, Okla.), Dave Romney (LA Galaxy; Irvine, Calif.), Oscar Sorto (LA Galaxy; Los Angeles, Calif.)
MIDFIELDERS (6): Fatai Alashe (San Jose Earthquakes; Northville, Mich.), Julian Green (Bayern Munich; Tampa, Fla.), Alejandro Guido (Club Tijuana; Chula Vista, Calif.), Matt Polster (Chicago Fire; Milwaukee, Wisc.), Dillon Serna (Colorado Rapids; Brighton, Colo.), Gedion Zelalem (Rangers; Bethesda, Md.)
FORWARDS (3): Jerome Kiesewetter (VfB Stuttgart; Berlin, Germany), Khiry Shelton (New York City FC; Leander, Tex.), Maki Tall (FC Sion; Washington, D.C.)

Can't wait for Ramsey to be back :smokin

word team balance hurting without him man, underappreciated imo. i freaked out when i saw that goal, one of the greatest volleys ive ever seen, and yaya's reaction to it was equally as amazing :rofl:

We need him back asap. Him, Ox and Bellerin should all be fit for WBA. They're much needed. Can't wait until everyone is fit. Hopefully Jack can play the second half of the season with no issues

NASL ANNOUNCES NEW CLUB IN OKLAHOMA CITY
Rayo OKC to begin play in 2016
Nov 10, 2015

La Liga’s Rayo Vallecano de Madrid has teamed up with local businessman Sean Jones to bring a North American Soccer League (NASL) club to Oklahoma City. Rayo OKC will begin play in the 2016 NASL Spring Season.

The club unveiled its official name, crest, and red and white color scheme at a press conference in Yukon, Okla. on Tuesday afternoon. The name, Rayo OKC, directly reflects its unique partnership with Rayo Vallecano de Madrid, which becomes the first ever La Liga side to invest in a pro soccer club in North America.

“Our launch of Rayo OKC is another groundbreaking addition to the international soccer community,” said NASL Commissioner Bill Peterson. “The club’s unique partnership with Rayo Vallecano de Madrid highlights the global nature of the game and the global vision of the league. Rayo OKC will be the first American club able to take advantage of the expertise of La Liga to identify top players and build its roster accordingly.”

Raúl Martín Presa, owner of Rayo Vallecano since 2011, will be the majority owner of the Oklahoma City club. Under Martín Presa’s leadership, Rayo has seen steady growth on and off the field, remaining in Spain’s top tier for all five seasons. La Liga is widely regarded as one of the strongest leagues in Europe, with 15 UEFA Champions League titles under its belt. Two of its franchises – Real Madrid CF and FC Barcelona – are ranked among the most valuable sports franchises in the world.

“Pro soccer fans in Oklahoma have just been served up a true winner,” Peterson said. “With what will be an incredibly strong connection to the La Liga side in Madrid, Rayo OKC will set the competition bar even higher across North America. The potential this partnership brings to the game is unmatched, and we believe that fans in Oklahoma just got a front row seat to the next level of soccer in this country.”

Oklahoma native Sean Jones joins Martín Presa as the club’s minority owner. Jones owns and operates The Broadway Clinic, Mariposa MedSpa, and several other Oklahoma City area healthcare companies. He also owns Oklahoma City FC, which advanced to the 2015 WPSL Final Four this past summer.

Sold Out Strategies, co-owned by local sports executives Brad Lund and DeBray Ayala, will serve as managing partners for the expansion club. Lund and Ayala have over 40 years of combined experience in sports management and marketing in Oklahoma City, most notably serving as the lead executives for the Oklahoma City Blazers (1992-2008). Former Blazers executive Eric Newendorp has been named the team’s general manager. Newendorp has over 20 years of sales and marketing experience in professional sports, most recently with the WNBA’s Tulsa Shock.

“Our philosophy is simple - this is the fan’s team...on-and-off the field,” said Lund. “It’s an honor for our brand to be alongside many of North America’s most cosmopolitan cities,” said Martín Presa. “We look forward to putting a world-class team on the pitch in Oklahoma City.” Oklahoma City’s NASL club will play its home games at Miller Stadium – a new $17 million facility - on the campus of Yukon High School. The stadium has fixed seating of 6,500, and has the ability to expand to 11,000 for pro soccer games. Miller Stadium features a split-level press box for working media and private suites for guests. The stadium also has a large video board on the north end, a 24,000-square-foot wellness center, and an on-site parking capacity of 2,500 spaces.

As part of Tuesday’s announcement, Rayo OKC unveiled individual game ($12 to $40) and season ticket packages ($189 to $510). A $50 deposit is required to secure season tickets, and seat locations will be defined based on the date the deposit is received.

Add starting chicharito in the 2011 CL final instead of Bertabov. One of the dumbest decisions ever :smh:
How Fergie somehow thought that this dude could take over a club like MU after managing just Everton will always be up there with Pogba as one of the worst decisions he ever made for the club :lol: :smh:. Just because he was a fellow Scot :smh:

Just some decisions that didn't go his way. Imagine the **** riding he'd get if they did go his way.

Add starting chicharito in the 2011 CL final instead of Bertabov. One of the dumbest decisions ever :smh:
Rooney and berb never played well together. Chich and Rooney worked. dont try and down play that barca team, had a wc player on every inch of that pitch. Didn't help we couldn't hold on to the ball long enough to put a cross into the box for the little pea. That game just showed how out of depth the rest of Europe was when playing that barca team.

I'm hella late but Pato? Fresh seems like that dude been around since the 90's :lol: he was one of the first footballer ive heard of when I got into soccer when he was at AC Milan

Glad to hear he's doing well. I remember when he first got to Paulo (or it may have been Corinthians) they wanted to get rid of him asap cause he sucked

Last edited:
******* offers sponsorship to Italian football team for one year – report
Default author imageMark Brus for Metro.co.ukMonday 9 Nov 2015 4:43 pm
Report: ******* genuinely offer to sponsor Italian football team

Bizarre reports in Italy today are claiming that ******* wants to offer its sponsorship to an Italian football team for a year.

It remains to be seen if there are any takers at the moment, but the adult website will supposedly be accepting bids from Italian sides ahead of next season, Corriere dello Sport claims.

A team’s choice of shirt sponsors can be a controversial thing in football and this would almost certainly be one of the most memorable.

******* have sponsored a team in the UK before, leading to Kent University side Rutherford Raiders being banned from their league.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/11/09/*****...am-for-one-year-report-5489712/#ixzz3r9zS4VfT

Sitting at the airport waiting to board my plane. Flying to Guadalajara for the Clasico Tapatio later today.

No hurricane stopping me this time :rofl:

I will never forget that crucial and clinical finish by Gnabry vs Swansea... Then he got hurt

Last edited:
This had me :rofl: :rofl:

View media item 1783073
Also,not looking good for Benz. L'equpie just released the transcripts of his calls...

View media item 1783089 View media item 1783091
New alleged revelations suggesting that Karim Benzema is complicit in the act of blackmail of Mathieu Valbuena
Europe 1 have released new, exclusive revelations that suggest that Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema was indeed guilty of being complicit in the act of blackmail of French international team-mate Mathieu Valbuena.

The media outlet has obtained the transcript of a recorded conversation between Karim Benzema and his childhood friend who initially brought Benzema into the blackmail situation dated October 6th 2015.

The call lasted for 20 minutes and took place at 22:00 and during it Benzema explained to his childhood friend how his discussion with Mathieu Valbuena had gone just a few hours earlier.

At the heart of the “negotiations”, was of course a sextape of Mathieu Valbuena with an unnamed woman. The intimate was then used by three swindlers who tried to blackmail Valbuena, apparently using Karim Benzema as an intermediary.

Benzema is understood to have said the following: “If you want the video destroyed, then, my friend will come and see you in Lyon.”, in a part of the phone conversation when the Real Madrid man was recounting what he had told Valbuena.

Benzema then added: “I don’t think that he is taking us seriously,” explaining that Mathieu Valbuena first thought that the entire thing was an elaborate joke.

Karim Benzema then went on to explain to his French national team team-mate that the threat was indeed serious. “I told him: I’m here to help matters. You need to see this guy. He will come. He will speak to you. But I give you my word that there is not another copy (of the sextape).”

Benzema followed that with: “I said to him: If you want the video to be destroyed, my friend, he will come and see you in Lyon, you can go directly to him.”

Benzema then explained how Valbuena asked some detailed questions about the sextape, including: “Can you see my tattoos?”

Benzema explained that he replied: “You see everything.” This is particularly damning, as it suggests Karim Benzema has seen the sextape himself.

Benzema goes on to confirm as much: “I told him: the video, I saw it a week ago, before we came here.”

Benzema then explains how Mathieu Valbuena began to “panic” and that he “gulped twice or three times”. Benzema then proceeded to draw himself away from proceedings by telling his friend that he told Valbuena: “I said: anyway you do as you like… if you do not want it, well it’s your life, but I warned you.”

Benzema then told his friend: “If he [Valbuena] does not want it, well then leave him, he will land in hot water with these bunch of piranhas.”

Benzema’s conversation with Valbuena appears to have finished as follows, going on what he recounts to his childhood friend: “Me, my aim, it ends here. My friend, he takes over, it is he who knows the person who has your video, me, I don’t know them. Now you two sort this out, write down your number, I will give to him and you see him.”

Benzema finished off his conversation with his friend, during which they were it must be noted laughing throughout, in the following manner: “We. in any case, are here to fix it, if he doesn’t want it, well then leave him, he will land in hot water with these bunch of piranhas… Later, maybe they will ask him for, I don’t know what, two football match tickets or whatever.”

Benzema said the following because throughout the process it was never clear what the blackmailers were exactly after.

This transcript, if verified, makes a compelling case for Karim Benzema being guilty of being complicit in the act of extortion.

Karim Benzema’s lawyer has announced that he will be seeking action against Europe 1 for violating the confidentiality of the investigation, and that he will file an official complaint to that effect.

In the meantime, Mathieu Valbuena’s lawyer, Didier Domat, has shed light on his client’s position concerning Karim Benzema’s involvement speaking to the JDD:

“Mathieu wants neither to accuse nor to exonerate Benzema. He just wants to know what exactly happened.”

According to RTL, Mathieu Valbuena has been given the status of a “civil party” concerning this case, meaning that he now has a role to participate by “supporting the prosecution”. The significance behind this is that Valbuena will now have the ability to see all the evidence amassed during by the investigators so far.

Last edited:
Have any of you guys been paying attention to the recent developments on Catalonia's bid to secede from Spain? Apparently it might have major implications on La Liga, among other things of course.

Haven't heard of much news ever since that unofficial "referendum" a month or 2 ago but I did read that the president of Ligue 1 would be on board with allowing Barca to join if they were ever forced to leave La Liga due to Catalan independence.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom