🍎 OFFICIAL NEW YORK METS THREAD 🍎: V.s. Cubs 4/29-5/2

Mets cooking in top 7th and 8th innings

Sewald was brilliant in the bottom 7th inning. After allowing two base runners on 2nd and 3rd w/o out, strike three batters out in a row to end the inning

I will say while this team has had a few bad losses early on, their resiliency has balanced it out. I think we will be in this for the long haul. Crazy how the Braves & Phils are playing good ball early on as well.

We looked lost at the plate last night. We started the season hot, and we cooled off while other teams in our division are the opposite.

The NL East is a very competitive division. More so than expected.

Our offense needs a shake up. Put Bruce at 1st, have Nimmo starting.

Rosario is not getting on base (OBP is .270).
In 84 at-bats, he has 4 Walks and 24 strike-outs.
Tell me how does Frazier, Bruce, Yo & Conforto all have 2 stolen bases a piece and Rosario has none? He has been caught stealing 2x tho :frown:

Im thinking Rosario is too comfortable in his job. Mickey needs to light a fire under his **** and get him going somehow.

Agreed about Rosario. Thought he's relaxed too comfortable as well

Braves players are aggressive at first pitch. They got speedy.Their offense reminds me of 2015 Royals

Tonights starting lineup:

Cabrera 2B
Flores 1B
Céspedes LF
Frazier 3B
Bruce RF
Lagares CF
Rosario SS
Lobaton C
deGrom RHP

:ohwell:

Degrom with a hyperextended right elbow.

Wilponzi's didn't spend money this offseason for pitching and it is rearing it's ugly head one month into the season.

Degrom with a hyperextended right elbow.

Wilponzi's didn't spend money this offseason for pitching and it is rearing it's ugly head one month into the season.

On paper, with a healthy pitching staff, I can understand not seeing a need for pitching during the winter. We have a surplus of starting pitchers, so much so, that some of them moved to the bullpen.

The Yankees had a greater need for starting pitching than the Mets did this past winter.

...and there goes the season...

Lets not jump off the bridge yet. Its still early enough in the season and we dont know how serious the injury is.

Im not happy with the offense in this Braves series thus far.

deGrom is still scheduled to pitch on next week's Monday. Definitely uncomfortable. We are cursed with injuries

same old story. got us again lol. good to know degrom will be ok. we're just in a slump. it'll get better. reyes should never be starting. give flores some more pt please

was at the game today. saw harvey was first reliever up. got me thinking about what must be going through in his head. his will has to be broken damn. he was on top of the world. now it looks like it's just hard to come to work every day. braves were teeing off. acuna gonna be a headache for some time to come

Harvey was the only bright spot for the Mets when he came up. Had TJ surgery, exceeded his innings limit and still was damn good. Should have won two games in the WS. Now I see why Strasburg sat out the playoffs at Boras' advice. He put his client first and still got paid. I'll be rooting for Matt wherever he goes.

Back
Top Bottom