šŸŽ OFFICIAL NEW YORK METS THREAD šŸŽ: V.s. Cubs 4/29-5/2

This offseason will be very busy for us as there are alot of questions. So many free agents on this roster.

Id love to keep Stroman and baez but we probably cant afford them both when you consider confortos free agency, Thor and Canos salary coming back for the 2022 season.

Cohen states he's willing to pay paying luxury tax for right players in the future

Once the sale to Cohen was final, the immediate hope from fans was that the team would spend, spend, spend. Since the newest rules regarding MLBā€™s luxury tax were collectively bargained in 2002, eight teams have crossed that threshold, but the Mets have not been one of them.

Cohen said the team might not join that list, but perhaps not right away.

ā€œI think at some point we will, but maybe not this season,ā€ Cohen said. ā€œIā€™m not afraid to go over it, but you want to have flexibility on our payroll. Long-term contracts can limit a teamā€™s ability going forward. Iā€™ve said we are a major-market team and we should spend like we are a major-market team, but that doesnā€™t mean weā€™re going to spend like drunken sailors.ā€

I dont understand how we score so little. Weve got guys who hit for power, for avg and a combo of those 2, yet they all dont hit.

We had the bases loaded 3 times on Thursdays game. Smh

Sucks that all the recent losses have been to beatable teams. If we choke at the end by losing to the wack teams and beating the good teams ....

LFG

edit:

Battled back. Not even mad.

Good job, good effort.

Last edited:
Anyone interested in the Pete alonso polar bear Bobblehead they gave out at last nights game?
38579A95-FD4D-4DCF-B38D-88DF875A3B15.jpeg
E504C644-EB65-4CFC-A5A9-D3D49231963B.jpeg
E504C644-EB65-4CFC-A5A9-D3D49231963B.jpeg

I'm a casual Mets fan and can't remember the last time they had a decent offense. Was it when they made the world series a few years back? That was when their starting rotation was so good though. I had no problems with cohen's tweet because the offense has been crap.

I wouldn't cal this a collapse. Missed opportunity for sure though. Division will not be this weak again, but they've had some crazy amount of injuries too. Losing Lindor has made a huge impact in my opinion. He wasn't having a good year at all, but even with that, they were 8-10 games over .500 with him in the lineup. It's been unbearable to watch outside of Alonso the last month plus.

I wouldn't cal this a collapse. Missed opportunity for sure though. Division will not be this weak again, but they've had some crazy amount of injuries too. Losing Lindor has made a huge impact in my opinion. He wasn't having a good year at all, but even with that, they were 8-10 games over .500 with him in the lineup. It's been unbearable to watch outside of Alonso the last month plus.

Alonso and Nimmo have carried this team offensively and consistently.

Alonso and Nimmo have carried this team offensively and consistently.

Word, forgot about Nimmo. Carried us to one of the worst offenses in the whole league. Crazy how the pitching has still been solid even without deGrom but this is looking like a waste of a season overall.

Thank you Conforto. About ****ing time.

LFG

edit:

It's sickening to me at how slow this thread (and NT in general) has become. :sick:

When Cohen tweeted about the hitting, I was going to come in here and comment but decided to wait and see if someone else would first.

And not a single person posted despite it being a major topic in the national (not local, but NATIONAL) news cycle that day. :lol:

**** dead *** was on all the ESPN shows and also was a big topic on other websites/blogs.

Yet none of us shared thoughts on the situation. That's crazy to me.

Anyway, good win tonight. We needed it. Stroman has been rock solid to me.

Happy with the green light to steal more bases. Hopefully that helps the offense a little.

edit:

Fun fact: Keith loves ice cream. Favorite flavor is rocky road but said he doesn't like a lot of nuts. :lol:

^
Is this tweet you are talking about?

:smh:

Three months late

If so, I figure that Iā€™d give this Mets thread a break.Itā€™s such depressing. And itā€™s freaking summer

Baseball journalists who often tweet about Mets

They need to deactivate their accounts for saying we donā€™t need a third baseman because JD is better than most of them due to advanced statistics

Yep, that's the tweet.

Still not sure how I feel about him publicly coming out and saying that.

I like team owners who are involved. But I also don't want them being overly hands on. His tweet is something a fan like any of us in here would say. Which is cool and all. But he's the team owner now and has to understand that his words hold way more weight than before.

I'm not going to front like I've been watching all the games because I haven't. But I think this franchise deserves better from us.

edit:

And as fans, we definitely deserve better from the franchise. :lol:

^
I know what you mean

I have no problem that they get involved on social media as long as they give the front office full control

To be honest, the late George Steinbrennerā€˜d do the same thing or even overdo it if there was social media in his time

Back
Top Bottom