🍎 OFFICIAL NEW YORK METS THREAD 🍎: @ Nationals 6/3-6/5

^

Agreed

Bring Pillar back too

Terry Collins or different person said Thor can become the best closer if he embraces that role. John Smoltz type?

I think we will see Mark Vientos at 3B sometimes next season

Nice win. Hopefully they feast on the Marlins in the next 2 games.

Congrats to Pete on getting to 100 career HRs.

Let's hope the Baez HBP on the hand isn't a big deal.

The fact Pete reached 100 in his 3rd season and the 2nd season was only 60 games.....wow.

He will become the Mets all-time HR king which doesnt mean much since D.Strawberry, who's #1 with 252.
Pete is already #15 after only 3 seasons, lolol.

E-t6cJqXoAEKjUF

Ok, you have struggling Edwin DIaz pitching and the winning run is on 3rd base with 1 out and a guy who's hitting .330 coming up to bat.

In the on-deck circle is a guy who is hitting .130 on the season and was 0 - 4 for the game.

Why would Rojas pitch to De La Cruz in that situation??? Dude already had 2 hits for the game. First base is open. WALK HIM. :smh:

Despite Alcantara dealing for the Marlins tonight ( :sick::sick: ), Mets still had an opportunity to win but Luis botched that decision not to walk dude.

And finally, Diaz looks like he could use a break.

Last edited:
Subway Series delivered. Rivalry renewed. Lindor came home finally.
Yanks are a-holes for pitch tipping. We have series against the Phillies this week and Braves are the last series of the regular season. It's a long shot but the chances are there as long as we don't mess up stupidly like we did with the Marlins.

Nice to see the turnout in the thread. :lol:

Great series. Happy for Lindor. I still have faith.

Let's go Mets.

Aaaaaaaaand we're back to reality. Getting shutout by wainwright, smh.

We're not making it to the playoffs guys.

I had to make sure that we are in 2021, not 2006 after seeing Wainwright having his fantastic pitching game :smh:

This season was basically over when we went through that stretch and blew 2-3 games versus the Nationals and the Marlins. Closer to WC now than division too, but with several teams to overtake.

I would seriously consider re-signing Baez.
Get McNeil and Smith off the team.
Keep Conforto, know this is not a popular opinion, but he's shown more than the other two

As far as free agents, we should be active in the starting pitcher market. Also wouldn't be opposed to moving on from Edwin Diaz as closer, he is a waste.

A LOT of changes need to happen to this roster because you can't expect the division to be as mediocre as it was this year, and we are essentially a .500 ball club with what's in place

As the guys said during the broadcast, I hated seeing Almora as a pinch hitter instead of Guillorme. Wtf. Smh...

I'm not ready to play GM yet. :lol:

And yes, another 1 run loss. But these guys keep battling back. Good job, good effort.

That's all I can ask.

I would be completely on board with a Theo/Mets marriage.

I personally don't think this team is far at all. Theo coming in would be exactly what's needed to make sure no dumb decisions are made.

On another note, did anyone watch the 30 for 30? I was hoping to see a few comments in here but I'm guessing a lot of you are younger than that 86 team era.

That 30 for 30 was pretty good. I like how they showed a lot of stuff from the regular season and for the playoffs they showed more than the usual highlights and moments you always see.

I like at how at the end they showed the clip of Frank Cashen blaming Doc and Darryl for the teams shortcomings and not being able to sustain it but how immediately after they also mentioned that Cashen did nothing to provide an adequate support system for his young stars.

I notice fans mention that Melvin is a puppet of Beane. I don't know if it's true or not

Melvin will likely get his 5th 90-win season this year. Five 90-win seasons plus 88-win season on low budget (average 27th payroll team in those seasons) in the last decade

It'd be interesting to see what can Beane do with high budget

We all know Epstein has the ability to break the curse

I am happy with either way

Back
Top Bottom