🍎 OFFICIAL NEW YORK METS THREAD 🍎: V.s. Cubs 4/29-5/2

We kinda met expectations this year. The brutal schedule last month didn’t help at all either. Hope we can build on this.

I see what you did there.
I disagree tho, we did not meet expectations this year. In the beginning of the year many thought Diaz would get all the saves and the overall bullpen was supposed to be a strength and we'd win the pennant

Is it really over
Mathematically its still possible but highly unlikely.

• Upgrade the Bullpen
  • Keep our starting rotation intact
  • Find out wtf Cespedes is doing

The Bullpen, who goes and who stays? Middle relievers are so inconsistent. Diaz should stay 1 more season. We paid a lot for him (tradewise) hes also young and cheap.

I think Wheeler is going to sign elsewhere for more money. Curious to see what the Mets offer him, he's been solid the last 1.5 seasons and remained healthy as well.

I wonder if Cespedes will be ready for Spring Training.

Let's get this win tonight
IMG_20190920_193524.jpg

Didnt see the Brewers getting this hot. Oh well. Bring everyone back, add 2 legit bullpen options and we're contending next year.

Yeah, this season is such a bittersweet

So grateful to have an unbelievable pitcher like deGrom on our squad. He's always been joy to watch since he came into this league

Alonso is truly amazing. It's fun seeing a young Met breaks records

We better get it in 2020

What do we do with Wheeler now that he's a free agent? And if Wheeler goes, who takes his spot in the rotation? I think it was genius when Brody signed Strohman, that set us up nicely for next season.

I need to know if Cespedes will be ready come Spring Training.

I argue that we keep Mickey at least for the 2020 season as it will be the last of his contract. Its not his fault Familia and Diaz flopped.

Familia has been terrible since 2015 (remember the World Series ? ) and under Mickeys watch. Keep in mind Mickey has had 2 different pitching coaches for the Mets.

I understand some might want Mickey gone, but you'll still have Familia and Diaz to fix.

A lot of players have made big improvements under Mickeys watch.

Callaway made some bad calls that drove me mad but his coaching skills definitely improves from last season. I am okay with him for another season unless there's a 10x time better manager available out there

I'd like to keep Wheeler for next season. Always been a fan of his game. I truly believe he can become a good pitcher

Syndergaard is still one of my favorite Mets. I truly hope he steps up a big time next season. He doesn't look same after injury in 2017

Diaz's K ratio is still excellent. It's just he needs to reduce his home run & hit allowed then he's gucci. For Familia, he just needs to bring his magical splitter back

Last edited:
I think we should hold on to Callaway as well. Let him finish his contract.

I like the move for Stro. Dude is confident in his stuff and he’s fun to watch when he gets fired up. :lol:

I really would like an update on Cespedes. It’s been ages since we’ve heard anything.

Just gonna have to open the books for Wheeler and hold onto Degrom and Thor by any means.

I dunno where we turn for bullpen help but it has to be addressed. Get Familia outta here

Back
Top Bottom