🍎 OFFICIAL NEW YORK METS THREAD 🍎: V.s. Cubs 4/29-5/2

The seasons almost 1 month in so Cespedes should rest if he's not 95% healthy. AsCab should take off a game or 2, he's already beat up.

Bruce & Conforto better be starting tonight.

I'd like to see some more small ball play.
bruce and conforto should start tonight. They should honestly bench reyes

Oh well, this game is over. This team has no chance to score more than 5 tonight. Gsellman been awful to start this year.

I don't know what the heck is going on. Mets are usually good in Aprils

Losing to teams like the Braves and Phillies too.

Only positive about yesterday was Nimmo stared his rehab stint and had a double, if only Sandy had a pulse and would let some young guys up here and get rid of the dead weight.

Don't understand why Noah did not start yesterday to stop the bleeding, game was over in the first inning..but the way the lineup is hitting it would not have made a difference,

thought I'd be the last person to say this, but Aaron says RELAX haha.  It's only april.  we have a few prospects ready to go.  future looks bright!

This season is turning into a disaster already.

Its been a rough month but its a long season. We dont need to panic...........................yet.

This is Sandy's mess. He needs to be the first one to go.

I actually like what Sandys done. His plan wasnt a quick one, it was a long term one which brought us the pitching staff we have today. I think Collins should go along with Kevin Long.

This is Sandy's mess. He needs to be the first one to go.
Lol

If Yo and Thor are hurt for a significant period of time we might as well become sellers. Can't win without both of them.

Regardless, it might be time to just bring up Rosario and Smith to try and inject some life into the team.

Last edited:
I just learned Thor is not starting today, instead it will be Harvey.

Thor's seeing a doctor soon. He may be back to pitch this coming sunday.

http://www.amazinavenue.com/2017/4/27/15450960/mets-noah-syndergaard-tired-arm-biceps-tendinitis

I'm hoping he pitches Sunday. All be in DC to catch the game.

I think the Mets need to bring up the young guys. They just need a different look.

Maybe fire Terry? Its not his fault they can't hit, but some kind of chance is needed.

No reason to be sellers if it is a lost season (sure feels that way the way the injuries are piling up), especially with some contracts coming off the books at the end of the year like Grandy/Bruce/etc

Nats lineup is just built so much better than the Mets :smh:

They can add some FA agency pieces next season and let guys like Nimmo get a shot, like him in the outfield with Conforto.

....and to think just two weeks ago the Mets were 7-3 and nats were 5-4, getting swept this weekend would put them 10.5 games back in April :x

Last edited:
Reyes hit a HR last night which is going to encourage him and attempt more, resulting in another 40 pop up outs before his next HR. His highest HR total for a season was 19 in his 15 seasons as a pro.

He needs to change his approach at the plate before he gets benched or worse. Reyes stole 30 bases in 2014. No reason he cant do about 20 or so this season.

I think if Cespedes and Thor are out for a month, we may still be a wild card team. But thats if and i mean IF the rest of the pitching staff does their job (which for the most part they havent) and our offense starts scoring.

The Nationals scored 46 runs in their last 4 games. :smh:

They have superior coaching.

Some great performances these past 2 games.

Familia looked lost on Friday and came in Saturday looking hungry.

Conforto is a legit starter, possible all star. Everyday player no doubt.

Tj rivera is exactly what we need. Contact hitter

Good day for the Mets, great day for The 7 Line Army. MLB Network premiered The 7 Line Army documentary "Loyal Til The Last Out" at noon today. They're going to replay it tomorrow at 10pm. It's been dope seeing Darren's company slowly gaining popularity over the years.

I didn't know about the documentary. I'll def check it out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom