🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava and 2025 Pink Racer🎾

Amazing find.

Looked like Agassi was using the Donnay Ultimate Pro prototype (or some similar widebody racquet).  What's weird was that he used it for a bit in the 1990 RG, but apparently didn't like it at all (he even destroyed the racquet in a match).  Ended up using the Pro-One the rest of the way.  I'd be interested in knowing when they filmed that video... (filmed in 1990 but released in 1991?) and why he used that racquet.  Maybe right before RG?  

Also interesting that the bandana he wore wasn't the one that was ultimately included in that line.  

Cool video. It's too bad more of the footage of those haven't been released. It could be the camera but the shirt he's wearing definitely looks more of a yellow than the released version which was more volt. I remember trying out the Ultimate Pro. I wanted to break it too :lol:

View media item 1916869

Last edited:
hey guys! i was wondering if maybe one of you could help me. i bought this pair a while ago off of ebay. ds, but i guess the woman who sold it for appr. 20 € didn't know about that word. anyway, i was pretty stoked because i really like the colorway & shape. they were beautiful! flawless as we now say. no cracking sole or whatsoever. only thing i changed was the laces. after that i was ready to put them on my feet and i swear i just walked from one room to another and the sole was already falling apart. 8 meters max. of course i was aware that this woman just found them in her closet and didn't store them like a sneaker enthusiasts would have done. but damn! this fast? maybe naiv but i had to wear them. instant [emoji]128522[/emoji] so now i'm thinking about a sole swap and ask myself which sole from which shoe would be proper? may you have any ideas or could advice me? thought vapor ace seems close. any help is highly appreciated! thank you in advance!

View media item 1917853

View media item 1917849
View media item 1917851

Tts for me andvthennthey are snug.
hey guys! i was wondering if maybe one of you could help me. i bought this pair a while ago off of ebay. ds, but i guess the woman who sold it for appr. 20 € didn't know about that word. anyway, i was pretty stoked because i really like the colorway & shape. they were beautiful! flawless as we now say. no cracking sole or whatsoever. only thing i changed was the laces. after that i was ready to put them on my feet and i swear i just walked from one room to another and the sole was already falling apart. 8 meters max. of course i was aware that this woman just found them in her closet and didn't store them like a sneaker enthusiasts would have done. but damn! this fast? maybe naiv but i had to wear them. instant [emoji]128522[/emoji] so now i'm thinking about a sole swap and ask myself which sole from which shoe would be proper? may you have any ideas or could advice me? thought vapor ace seems close. any help is highly appreciated! thank you in advance!

View media item 1917853

View media item 1917849
View media item 1917851

Yup. That would happen instantly. They are 25 years old…

Last edited:

View media item 1917853

View media item 1917849
View media item 1917851

GAH!! One of my favorite non-signature models of all time. It's a shame those crumbled on you, as they would've been a beautiful display piece. Unfortunately, not sure what to tell you on a sole swap. Those were pretty unique.

Peace,
J

GAH!! One of my favorite non-signature models of all time. It's a shame those crumbled on you, as they would've been a beautiful display piece. Unfortunately, not sure what to tell you on a sole swap. Those were pretty unique.

Peace,
J

lesson learned! i can tell that. but right now i regret that i didn't post a picture after i bought them or at the time i was about to buy them. would've hand over dude! yes display. thought about it after the disaster...

Oh man, I know that feeling!  I had some 1995 sneakers crumble on me a few years back... heart-breaking stuff.

25 years... it was inevitable.

Anyway, like J said, the outsole will be tough to replace... Maybe the Air Trainer SC?  

Oh man, I know that feeling!  I had some 1995 sneakers crumble on me a few years back... heart-breaking stuff.

Anyway, like J said, the outsole will be tough to replace... Maybe the Air Trainer SC?  

sorry to hear that! this emotional bond. always a bad feeling when things like this happen to a shoe. even though you know it could happen any time. i would just rather have to repaint than do this. but thanks for the hands up on the trainer. will definitely consider that option!

its heart breaking when theyre not that old.  and even more when you have to search for a replacement.  happened to me in  a pair of energy pack at1s. 

I meant identify, thank you

Yea it's the first signature shoe that Agassi wore. He started out with the Air Trainer 1 but his first signature shoe was the ATC 1. I've been wanting Nike to release it for al one time. If they ever do they would probably put an air unit to appeal to more people but I hope not.

http://s43.photobucket.com/user/tak...gassi-Classic-Photo-Nike_zps6n8xlxqc.jpg.html

http://s43.photobucket.com/user/takeittothehouse/media/AirTechChallengeI_zps9aaakbqj.jpg.html

http://s43.photobucket.com/user/takeittothehouse/media/atc1_zps89d1c115.jpg.html

Last edited:
And one more... in a different c/w...

12137506514_427d47f9f4_o.jpg

Thanks for this great video Rob1ine!

This video was probably made in late 1990 for the spring 1991 campaign?

Some shoots are found in the 91's catalogs ( Decathlon or Nike official spring 1991 catalog)

I really like the headband too!! It did'nt appears in the official statement line but seems matching

with another segment ( the "practice line?")

Some other headbands were amazing but rare or impossible to find...

108562622-andre-agassi-in-paris-france-in-may-1990-gettyimages.jpg

The second colorway needs to release also for the simple fact that he beat Connors in them in 89. Agassi beat him in back to back US Opens's 88-89. The Air Trainer 1 in 88 and the ATC 1 in 89.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom