🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava and 2025 Pink Racer🎾

complain too much? none of these lame brain retro+ colorways hold a candle to ANY of the OGs. none of that trash will get my dollars.

#OGorNOTHING

These two new cws of the 4 aren't OG level, but I feel some of the 2s were damn close. Did you like any of those?

Hopefully the 4 will get some gems like the wimb/uso 2s or the wheat 3 (said it before and I'll say it again- wheats were so slept on)

I've only bought 3 pairs outside the OG colorways released.
The hybrid one with the kind of atc 4 back
Black suedeish one
The red ones which I kind of regret now
And the denim hybrids with the "A" on the back
Love those
I'll be sticking to mostly OG from here on out unless it's something that I really like

abracadabra abracadabra i was speaking specifically about the 4s. as for 2s, i personally haven't seen any colorways that can compete with lavas, clay/tarts or sprites. the one pair that i do think is hella dope tho is the wimledons. oh and the uber limited black us open joints are sick as well. the rest i can do without. only 2s i went as far as to buy were lavas and clay/tarts. i'm an og kinda guy tho.

Last edited:
abracadabra abracadabra i was speaking specifically about the 4s. as for 2s, i personally haven't seen any colorways that can compete with lavas, clay/tarts or sprites. the one pair that i do think is hella dope tho is the wimledons. oh and the uber limited black us open joints are sick as well. the rest i can do without. only 2s i went as far as to buy were lavas and clay/tarts. i'm an og kinda guy tho.

You gotta admit that the Poison Green ATC II's looked pretty darn cool and could have been an OG colorway for how bright they were? I got them for less $50 and they were well worth it. The green really pops!

^^
no, i'm not feeling those either, but to each their own. imo, they're pretty bland/boring as opposed to the sprites which have that blue contrast with the green and that contrast makes them "pop." i personally think turbo greens look better than poisons. more interesting color combo imo. didn't like either enough to cop even at the price u quoted for poisons.

as for being close to an og c/w, the liquid limes seem to fit that bill more than poisons or turbos. all this just imo of course.

Last edited:
How can you not mention the US Opens, FO's, and Australian Opens, The II's have so many great color ways. Even the kumquats were done well.

Last edited:
^^
no, i'm not feeling those either, but to each their own. imo, they're pretty bland/boring as opposed to the sprites which have that blue contrast with the green and that contrast makes them "pop." i personally think turbo greens look better than poisons. more interesting color combo imo. didn't like either enough to cop even at the price u quoted for poisons.

as for being close to an og c/w, the liquid limes seem to fit that bill more than poisons or turbos. all this just imo of course.
It's practically the green hot lavas what you mean b. If anything comes as close as being an original cw for the 2 that's one of them

How can you not mention the US Opens, FO's, and Austrailain Opens, The II's have so many great color ways. Even the kumquats were done well.
Kumquats 
pimp.gif

i mean, i get it. most of the thread loves the 2s. i respect it. it's a cool shoe. i tend to look at it as agassi's 1st real sig shoe. lavas are the goat 2s hands down. i don't think that can really be disputed. too iconic.

similar to jordan, it's a situation where, if i didn't see him play in it, it doesn't hold much weight to me. pretty much that simple. so yeah, FOs and kumquats and the rest are all good, but they mean nothing. just my personal opinion.

jordan and agassi are my 2 favorite athletes of all time just as basketball and tennis are my 2 favorite sports (bo jackson my 3rd fave athlete). that's what i spent most of my time doing as a child thru my teens (playing basketball and tennis). it's just that the jordan line obviously has had much more longevity. my favorite shoes ever in life period are...

-jordan 3 (all og colorways)
-jordan 4 (all og colorways)

-ATC 4 (all og 3/4 colorways)
-air flare (all og colorways)
-ATC 3 (neons and purps)

-air trainer huarache b (bo jackson/raiders)

what do all these shoes have in common?
-all from the 90s
-all worn by my all time favorite athletes
-all og colorways

Last edited:
^ Yep, me too... which was why those "Grand Slam" versions never did it for me. 

Same for the Griffey's too... OG-only. 

Poison Greens were the best Retro+ c/w IMO, but never ended up getting them.  

Last edited:
Guess these are OGs now. Either that or the copy-paste sneaker blogosphere are just that lazy.
I remember seeing stuff on the blogs earlier this morning about how this colorway looks like it COULD HAVE been an OG cw. Then someone probably lifted the article without actually reading it and then the rest started the copy and pasting.

View media item 2107615

Managed to pick up a pair of this years Aussie Opens (the orangey ones) from the outlet the other day, price was a bit steeper than I'd have liked tbh but ease of cop and all that.....they had lots so will be back in for more once they drop to a decent level

congrats, but still a easy pass. maybe it's missing some grey. this shoe needs 4 distinct colors. lavas have that 4th prominent color (grey).

While subtle PG do have grey in the midsole and outsole. More noticeable in person.

But I agree most classic shoes have 4 distinctive colors.

Back
Top Bottom