🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava and 2025 Pink Racer🎾

Once I got mine open I noticed one more difference.  I recall the 1991s having a glossier/shinier finish on the plastic heel counter.

These '16s are a very matte finish that doesn't quite come across in the photos.

It's a weird effect, brighter and duller at the same time.

-Daver
If were to be nitpicky, the heel plastic "design" on the Retro features WAY more orange.  I posted side-by-side comparisons a few pages back and you can clearly differentiate.  I'm not complaining at all, but there are definitely some deviations.  I have my 1991's shrink wrapped so it's hard to tell the actual gloss on the plastic heel.

Only a few more weeks away until the U.S. Open. Is Nike really not going to have a U.S. release for these by then? You'd think they are going to do another steal the show event and these would be perfect to promote it. The volts sold so well, this would be the same.
There will always be some sort of Nike marketing campaign around the Majors.  Since the ATC III seemed to be this year's theme, I would have hoped the Triple-Black ATC III's would be the drop.  Just please not just a Pop-Up x Mercer Only release. 
mad.gif

There will always be some sort of Nike marketing campaign around the Majors.  Since the ATC III seemed to be this year's theme, I would have hoped the Triple-Black ATC III's would be the drop.  Just please not just a Pop-Up x Mercer Only release.  >:

No the III's were last year's theme. Andre wore the white/silver/volts. They also promoted the oscillates.

View media item 2123824
View media item 2123843
View media item 2123865
View media item 2123840
View media item 2123818
View media item 2123819

Last edited:
Quote:
No the III's were last year's theme. Andre wore the white/silver/volts. They also promoted the oscillates.
Ahhhh, touché.  He's so 2000-and-8 and I am 2000-and-late.  It doesn't feel like that was last year already...

Last edited:
[quote name="druheezy" url="/t/537421/official-agassi-retro-thread-atc-iv-black-white-dark-grape-cerise-released/34620#post_2I 6297452"]

If were to be nitpicky, the heel plastic "design" on the Retro features WAY more orange.  I posted side-by-side comparisons a few pages back and you can clearly differentiate.  I'm not complaining at all, but there are definitely some deviations.  I have my 1991's shrink wrapped so it's hard to tell the actual gloss on the plastic heel.
[/quote]

I have several pairs of another OG colorway i bought DS and they're less glossy than this 2016 retro release.

Don't know if it's time that changed their look or if the colorways had different degrees of gloss back in the day, but seems to me these new pairs are actually slightly glossier.

Anybody have a deadstock OG 1990 ATC3 Volt they wanna sell ???? [emoji]127934[/emoji][emoji]127934[/emoji][emoji]127934[/emoji]

Anybody have a deadstock OG 1990 ATC3 Volt they wanna sell ???? [emoji]127934[/emoji][emoji]127934[/emoji][emoji]127934[/emoji]
I have a busted, cracked, crumbling, shrink-wrapped one in 8.5 with no box (well, I have the box, but its badly waterlogged and houses my '88 ATC I's)...

It happened to us that Nike does not sell us products reserved only to a country. Nike Europe has never sold the Nike Air Tech Challenge III RADIANT-VOLT EMERALD GREEN in Europe

I feel like IF Nike was dumb enough to limit this release to Europe and Canada (still not convinced they were),they have to realize they underestimated the demand and probably will do a couple more releases like with the lavas.
Maybe next year once they see the sale results from this release. 

Canada and EU are treated as one in terms of supply/stock from Nike. 

Maybe next year once they see the sale results from this release. 

Canada and EU are treated as one in terms of supply/stock from Nike. 
We too thought Nike was going to sell us later ATC III Volt emerald ... Finally, one year later, Nike don't sell this shoes for the European consumer. Do not dream too much with this idea and try to buy on European websites . Do not make the same mistake we desperately waiting for something that never comes .

Reactions: ARK

We too thought Nike was going to sell us later ATC III Volt emerald ... Finally, one year later, Nike don't sell this shoes for the European consumer. Do not dream too much with this idea and try to buy on European websites . Do not make the same mistake we desperately waiting for something that never comes .
Im just going on that in Dec a Premium ATCIV will hit the states so it only makes sense that a regular ATCIV will hit the states next year, will it be OG or a new cw who knows. But too not have any cw of the model hit the states doesnt make a lot of sense. 

Back
Top Bottom