🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava and 2025 Pink Racer🎾

I had that hat as well. I know I have said repeatedly that I would like Nike to release the one that Agassi wore, samw material, and eben with the built in visor. They made some odd shapes with those hats, particularly one shaped like a cyclist hat.

Haha, I loved and hated that cap. Loved the simplicity of it... hated the shallow fit. :lol:

Don't remember why I never bought that watch. One of the rare instances where I didn't buy an Agassi product.

Andre wearing the watch.
IMG_3487.JPG

For me, what stuck in my mind was when he wore it at the 1996 USO. The tennis-ball-yellow of the watch contrasted well with his blue shirt. Also matched his Zoom Challenge (ok, it was the outsole, but whatever :tongue:).
andre-agassi-of-the-united-states-hits-a-return-during-the-mens-1996-picture-id610476082

andre-agassi-of-the-united-states-hits-a-return-during-the-mens-1996-picture-id610476072

Reactions: ARK
I agree about remembering him wearing it at the Open as the most memorable but I couldn't find a decent pic before. Not even many youtube videos of it. I'll have to upload some :smile:. The long sleeve shirts were really hot to play in.

That shade of blue's always been one of my favs.

IIRC, that long-sleeve blue shirt was also one of the first time Nike started releasing polyester-like shirts. The material felt different from the traditional "cotton" shirts.

I really liked the shirt just never understood why the went long sleeve especially for a tournament where the weather is generally hot. Same with the long button down shirts.

I have that blue shirt in my closet. Bought it at the Open in '96 at the Nike stand. I probably played in it a few times but only when I played at night with my friend. On late summer early fall evenings it felt great to play in. Never felt hot and when it was a cool fall night, it kept me warm.

I got the shoes as well. Still wearable but I did play in the alot back then. I want a retro SO BAD!!! But want the LWPs first (black/teal and the white/silver mesh first).

That documentary looks very interesting. Guy was a very controversial figure but made major contributions to the game of tennis

Yeah. I'm not to optimistic either.
At least I'll save some $. But I'd rather spend it on agassi retros if they were available!!!

Reactions: ARK
Letting go of a few pairs size 9.5 for really cheap wanted to offer to the thread before i put them on eBay. If anybody is interested, PM.

Back
Top Bottom