🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread 🎾

I know this is niketalk and I know I'm late, but...

Anyone play with the Adidas Barricade? What the consensus on sizing? (I know everyone has a different foot). Barricade or Asics Gel Resolution?
In the Nike Vapor X, I wear a 10.5 US.

I tried the Stanniversary Barricades a few days ago...synthetic leather...not the common meshy ones.

The model is wide in the balls of the foot, but tapers pointy in the toes.
The size 10 US felt wider in the balls of the foot, compared to the Vapor X in 10.5 US .
But the pinky toe was a bit squished.
Length wise was kinda too just, lacking a little since the feet are swollen during play.

I would go 10.5 US both in the Barricade and the Vapor X.
Or even an 11 in the Vapor X as it feels like it needs to open up a bit in the toes.

Maybe you could do half a size down in the Barricades, only if your usual size in Nike leaves you with some spare room in the front.

Try the Adizero 4 if you can.

Last edited:
Interesting, Rafa gonna play in polo?
FdW2f4iWQAEQQW_

Do you prefer the Barricade or the Gel Res? I use "runners lacing" to prevent heel slippage.
Barricades with the right socks are really stable and once you break them in is kind of comfortable and solid (You can really feel grounded even in the most agressive cuts). Use them for training sessions.
Gel Res is more comfortable than the barricade a bit less solid but still stable and forgiving, I went half size down because the toe box is a bit wide and in my regular size my feet was moving quite a lot inside the shoe and maybe the shape of my ancle make the shoe actually leaving my foot at middle point with my reg size.
I use this when I need a more plush shoe but still really solid.
Both great shoes with subtle differences

Barricades with the right socks are really stable...
Got any suggestions on the right socks? Will Nike Elites do? (Hate to mix Nike socks with Asics or adidas, but you know.)

Been away from the game for years, and my knees are telling me to invest in the best shoes possible. Ordered Gel Resolution 8s and Barricades to try on. The Asics haven't arrived yet, but I'm thinking the adidas are the ones, high heel tab notwithstanding.

Not crazy about the looks of the Adizero 4. I know that's shallow. Maybe I'd get the Wakanda Forever editions.

Appreciate all the input.

Got any suggestions on the right socks? Will Nike Elites do? (Hate to mix Nike socks with Asics or adidas, but you know.)

Been away from the game for years, and my knees are telling me to invest in the best shoes possible. Ordered Gel Resolution 8s and Barricades to try on. The Asics haven't arrived yet, but I'm thinking the adidas are the ones, high heel tab notwithstanding.

Not crazy about the looks of the Adizero 4. I know that's shallow. Maybe I'd get the Wakanda Forever editions.

Appreciate all the input.
Maybe thorlos are the ones for barricades but if you have some knee issues, I would look for the GP turbos or the resolution just for cushioning.
Barricades are stable and medium cushioned so in that case maybe you should add another options in the mix

Just waiting on the mystic hybiscus shorts !

Attachments

• A218D746-51D8-4557-9963-0F0B8AB3CA8A.jpeg
    A218D746-51D8-4557-9963-0F0B8AB3CA8A.jpeg
    332.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 152B5B5A-8D5B-454A-B38B-1EA39B4A6A20.jpeg
    152B5B5A-8D5B-454A-B38B-1EA39B4A6A20.jpeg
    242.5 KB · Views: 88
  • A4EF01F9-11C7-4B45-BCC4-3BA62378DD23.jpeg
    A4EF01F9-11C7-4B45-BCC4-3BA62378DD23.jpeg
    211.7 KB · Views: 1,019
  • 181F1FE8-7941-4A77-8EBA-39B83441949D.jpeg
    181F1FE8-7941-4A77-8EBA-39B83441949D.jpeg
    246.6 KB · Views: 1,015
Maybe thorlos are the ones for barricades but if you have some knee issues, I would look for the GP turbos or the resolution just for cushioning.
Barricades are stable and medium cushioned so in that case maybe you should add another options in the mix
I'm eagerly awaiting the Resolutions I ordered to try on. Any chance you've tried the Gel Challenger? From what I've read, it may be more cushioned than the Res (but sacrifices some stability).

Back
Top Bottom