🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread 🎾

Us open 2023

A6C36FD9-C7CB-4A98-84C3-F7428DD8B6A9.jpeg

Novak us open kit :emoji_thinking:

Does Lacoste even sell the tennis shorts that the players get? Maybe in Europe? In the USA I've only seen 9" athletic shorts with a terrible fit

I've found that Lacoste runs a size bigger than what I typically wear in Nike (I know it sounds crazy but believe me!) so whereas I'm a L in Nike in practically everything, I'm mostly and M (FR4) in Lacoste (except the 65-35 Cotton/Poly tees which shrink too much and a L/FR5 is perfect after a wash/dry).

Are you wearing your normal size from Nike? If they seem too baggy it might be the case you need to size down like I did. Also the new Medvedev shorts are a 9" inseam but most of the Novak shorts are between 7-8.5" inseam [depending on season/model] and light/stretchy and nicely fitted; also the 'ultralight' sport shorts are 8" inseam and one of my favorites.

I just noticed the Zoom vapor 9.5’s are finally eligible for the 20% off promo. They’ve been $117 for a while. I bought my pair in May, just hit up Nike Chat and they’re gonna price match

I've found that Lacoste runs a size bigger than what I typically wear in Nike (I know it sounds crazy but believe me!) so whereas I'm a L in Nike in practically everything, I'm mostly and M (FR4) in Lacoste
They changed their numbering system a few years ago. The sz 5 actually used to be a US M, but now its a US L. I'm an M in nike and for Lacoste tennis shorts I was wearing the sz 3 so yea idk if they actually solved anything by changing it bc their sizing is still confusing lmao

Theoretically, all bball shoes should be suitable for tennis cuz the movement is similar... lots of quick lateral movements/cuts, forward sprints, back-pedals, etc. The issue would be the durability as hardcourts are more rough than, say, hardwood floors. If you don't mind the lack of durability, I think it should be ok.

Agree with ^. Need a basketball shoe with XDR if you want it to last at all. Usually only Asian releases have that

Damn.
I'm im curious if I should go with the Vapor Pro 2/Vapor 11 or the Unfeated Lebron XX with the XDR soles.
Between these two types of shoes (one supposedly strictly made for tennis while the other is basketball), which one would you opt for?

Back
Top Bottom