🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread 🎾

Have these in a small if anyone is interested. Ideally trying to trade for a Rafa short in medium (second pic are my favorite fit). Enjoy the Open today!
image.jpg
IMG_8198.jpeg

Last edited:
Historically basketball is how Nike has made their money so it makes sense.
maybe their profits but historically this is a running company. Tennis shoes were very popular in the 80’s when everyone had runners. Nike basketball + JB is only 1/5 of Nike sales revenue. Training and running still combined for 15% of revenues last year, and general sportswear is double either category.

IMO tennis shoes became much more specific and performance based, coupled with very little signature presence since the 90’s. I wouldn’t say many modern basketball shoes have a massive street appeal either even with plenty of signature presence.

Does anyone know if this runs big or small? Unfortunately, I tend to be in-between sizes with a Large and XL.
Nike Tennis Club Fleece Men's Pullover Hoodie

Sheldon certainly has done wonders re exposure for On’s tennis side; would be great if they were able to ride the wave with retail stock - apart from the whole exclusivity/supply & demand thing.
His black/pink outfit in particular looks great, not that I’d be able to wear it personally.

Last edited:
Sheldon certainly has done wonders re exposure for On’s tennis side; would be great if they were able to ride the wave with retail stock - apart from the whole exclusivity/supply & demand thing.
His black/red outfit in particular looks great, not that I’d be able to wear it personally.
My work gave us a $150 GC, I ordered soemthing for my wife and they ran too big, tried to return/exchange. They have non existent customer support. It’s either robots or email which they’ll get back to me about half the time; and when they did, they’d tell me a new gift card would be emailed, only for nothing to come. It’s been a ridiculous no progress cycle for months with them.

But yeah the gear looks good and Shelton was ridiculous last night 🔥 amazing match

Does anyone know if this runs big or small? Unfortunately, I tend to be in-between sizes with a Large and XL.
Nike Tennis Club Fleece Men's Pullover Hoodie's Pullover Hoodie
Not sure if you purchased already, but just got mine in. Definitely go with XL. These run on the smaller side.

Interesting article - not sure if f it's been posted here before

Good read. I think the article misses the bigger corporate landscape we’re operating in right now though. The reason Nike won’t pay anyone not in the top 20 is to keep their costs down and only be connected with proven entities. Keep their eye on the field and when someone rises have the money and power to get them.

But all of these big corporations from Nike to Disney to Apple are cutting costs, not backfilling jobs when people leave. It’s about extracting more from less and probably a Cold War that will lead us into an automation-driven economy.

For Nike, the tennis market is never going to be compelling enough because there’s a perceived ceiling. I don’t think they have any plans to walk away entirely but they’re going with the sure bet at the lowest cost because tennis is not a revenue driver.

Back
Top Bottom