09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

this is all on mosley tho, when PBF was hot and just getting on PPV he wanted no parts of him. !*%@# talking about he was going out of the country socouldn't fight at that time
roll.gif
roll.gif

he beat a BUM in margocheater and now is trying to cash out before his time is up. this bum is calling out floyd for fighting a smaller guy in JMM but he wason hands, knees and bending over to fight pacman

he wont mind if he fought PBF and lost because it would go out with a big pay day but if someone like Berto beat him and its not a big pay day dude is screwedand career over

shane wanted no parts of the big names after that Cotto fight but wants them now

FRAUD BUM

Ricardo Mayorga

then it was suppose to be bum judah after that but he had the "shower" accident

he got lucky to get the margs fight because margs couldn't find anyone to fight

Funny because Margs thought he was taking a tune up before a rematch with Cotto. I'm pretty sure Collazo was summer of 07 before Cotto in the winter.

collazo was before the cotto fight

i remember because he look so bad in the collazo we all picked cotto to KO him LOL

Dont think many ppl cared for it but I really wanted to see Cotto-Mosley II. Thought that was the most logical fight for Shane after Margarito.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

From all indications this fight did at least 900,000 homes in America and furthermore could even reach 1.6 million homes. If this is true.
THAN OMG AND !$!...!!!

You guys hated on this fight from day one.
even with a recession, the media trashing this fight,fans talking of boycotting and
UFC competing with it all on the same night...
The
Mayweather fight still did more than Pacquiao vs. Hatton and probably Pacquiao vs. Cotto

The deck was completely stacked against Mayweather and he still pull it out.
This fight proved Mayweather claim on him being a cash cow.
oh yeah..he has been off for 2 years

900,000 at $49.95 = 44.95 Million in P.P.V Revenue
925,000 at $49.95 = 46.20 Million in P.P.V Revenue
950,000 at $49.95 = 47.45 Million in P.P.V Revenue
975,000 at $49.95 = 48.70 Million in P.P.V Revenue
1.0 Million at $49.95 = 49.95 Million in P.P.V Revenue
1.1 Million at $49.95 = 54.94 Million in P.P.V Revenue
1.2 Million at $49.95 = 59 Million in P.P.V Revenue
1.3 Million at $49.95 = 64 Million in P.P.V Revenue
1.4 Million at $49.95 = 69 Million in P.P.V Revenue
1.5 Million at $49.95 = 74 Million in P.P.V Revenue
1.6 Million at $49.95 = 79 Million in P.P.V Revenue

Mayweather has $10 million guarantee, minimum
Marquez has $3.2 million guarantee, minimum

Mayweather Promotions was also the lead promoter (Mayweather promotions paid for the 24/7 and etc) with Golden boy being co- promoter.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/boxin...-marquez_N.htm

I mean damn Floyd Mayweather could be looking at taking home anywhere from
40- 65 Million dollars including live gate and Movie sales numbers for a fight with Juan Man. Marquez…!!!

I guess he wasn't lying when he said he will make more money than Manny Pacquiao and
Miguel Cotto combined.!!

BETTER BELIEVE, FLOYD will be enforcing
60/40 for a fight with Pacquiao
70/30 for a fight with Cotto

Mmmmhmmmm....
pimp.gif

That 1.6 number would be greater than any De La Pollo PPV ever (outside of the MM fight ofcourse)...and this wasn't even a Mega-Fight. So tell me who is the real draw?

Floyd has the juice now and i'm glad to see he is finally getting his recognition.

Oscar's PPV history
1. Rafael Ruelas (5/95) 330,000 buys = $9.9 million
2. Genaro Hernandez (9/95) 220,000 buys = $6.6 million
3. Miguel Angel Gonzalez (1/97) 345,000 buys = $12.1 million
4. Pernell Whitaker (4/97) 720,000 buys = $28.8 million
5. Hector Camacho (9/97) 560,000 buys = $22.4 million
6. Wilfredo Rivera (12/97) 240,000 buys = $9.6 million
7. Julio Cesar Chavez II ( 9/9
icon_cool.gif
525,000 buys = $23.6 million
8. Ike Quartey ( 2/99) 570,000 buys =$25.7 million
9. Felix Trinidad (9/99) 1.4 million buys = $71.4 million
10. Shane Mosley (6/00) 590,000 buys = $29.5 million
11. Javier Castillejo (6/01) 400,000 buys = $16.0 million
12. Fernando Vargas (9/02) 935,000 buys = $47.8million
13. Yory Boy Campas (5/03) 350,000 buys = $17.5 million
14. Shane Mosley II (9/03) 950,000 buys = $48.4 million
15. Felix Sturm (6/04) 380,000 buys = $19.0 million
16. Bernard Hopkins (9/04) 1 million buys = $56.0million
17. Ricardo Mayorga (5/06) 935,000 buys = $46.3million
18. Floyd Mayweather Jr. (5/07) 2.15 million buys = $120.0 million

[h2]Kirkland gets 2 years in prison[/h2]

Comment Email Print By Dan Rafael
ESPN.com
Archive

Junior middleweight contender James Kirkland, who pleaded guilty in July to gun possession by a convicted felon, was sentenced Wednesday to two years inprison in U.S. federal court in his hometown of Austin, Texas.

Kirkland, who last fought in March, has been incarcerated since April at the Federal Correctional Institution in Bastrop, Texas, about 20 minutes fromAustin, after being arrested for buying a firearm at a gun show. He could be out by June, according to Michael Miller, Kirkland's personal attorney andco-manager.

Kirkland would get credit for the approximately six months he has already served. In addition he can earn credits for good behavior and Texas rules allowfor the final six months of his sentence to be served in a halfway house, Miller said.

Miller said federal guidelines called for a sentence of 47 to 57 months. However, Miller said Kirkland avoided the harsher sentence because U.S. Judge JamesNowlin was impressed by the outpouring of support for the 25-year-old.

Besides Miller testifying on Kirkland's behalf, so too did his promoter, Golden Boy's Oscar De La Hoya, who made the trip to Austin with others fromthe company.

"I told the judge that James made a stupid mistake that cost him dearly," De La Hoya told ESPN.com after leaving the hearing."I told thejudge, yes, we all make mistakes and we all need role models. I want to take James under my wing and guide him. He's never had that before. The judge wasgreat on giving him that time because he could have given him a lot longer."

Said Miller,"James is a great kid who needs another chance. He committed a stupid act but his benefit to society isn't going to be in prison.It's going to be in society as someone kids can look up to as a person who changed his life around and made something of himself. I think the judge tookthat into consideration.

"James took responsibility for his stupidity and his own actions and a judge likes to hear that. I've visited him three times and I think he getsit. His attention has been gotten. If he fights again, great. But learning from this is what it is all about."

Should Kirkland be released to halfway house, he would be able to train and fight, Miller said.

Kirkland (25-0, 22 KOs) was on the verge of a title shot after a series of impressive knockout performances on national television. He had become asignificant fighter to HBO on its "Boxing After Dark" series and was supposed to fight on the high-profile Manny Pacquiao-Ricky Hatton HBO PPV cardon May 2 in Las Vegas.

However, a few weeks before the fight Kirkland was arrested after buying a gun at an Austin gun show, which he did with his own identification. The weaponwas later discovered during a traffic stop. Because Kirkland was already on probation for a 2003 armed robbery conviction and barred from possessing a gun, hispurchase was a serious offense.

De La Hoya said he planned to visit Kirkland in prison"sooner than later."

"I want to talk to him," De La Hoya said."He seems like a genuine kid. I believe when he bought that gun there were no bad intentions.He's a kid who was winning, fighting on HBO and making money and I think he figured he'd protect himself. 'I'm going to buy this gun with myown ID to protect myself.' I am sure he was thinking that."

De La Hoya, who said Kirkland looked like he weighed around 190 pounds at the sentencing, said he hoped Kirkland learns from this experience and that hecould be fighting within a year.

"With time served, good behavior and a halfway house, we can fight him within the year," De La Hoya said."He's only 25. He did the crime,he's going to do the time. It's up to him after that."

I forget Kirkland was locked up.

I hope he can bounce back from this little bump in the road.

"I want to talk to him," De La Hoya said."He seems like a genuine kid. I believe when he bought that gun there were no bad intentions. He's a kid who was winning, fighting on HBO and making money and I think he figured he'd protect himself. 'I'm going to buy this gun with my own ID to protect myself.' I am sure he was thinking that."
Real talk from Oscar.

Damn it Kirkland. The road looked so promising for this cat. But he's only 25, and with good behavior he'll be out soon...And I believe him and Oscarby thinking that this was an honest mistake.

this is all on mosley tho, when PBF was hot and just getting on PPV he wanted no parts of him. !*%@# talking about he was going out of the country so couldn't fight at that time
roll.gif
roll.gif

he beat a BUM in margocheater and now is trying to cash out before his time is up. this bum is calling out floyd for fighting a smaller guy in JMM but he was on hands, knees and bending over to fight pacman

he wont mind if he fought PBF and lost because it would go out with a big pay day but if someone like Berto beat him and its not a big pay day dude is screwed and career over

shane wanted no parts of the big names after that Cotto fight but wants them now

FRAUD BUM

Damn so much hate for Mosley

He fought Collazo and nobody gave Mosley a chance at winning they said "he's too old to be fighting the young guys" Mosley outboxed him 118-109when supposedly Collazo was the "better boxer" because of his previous fight with Ricky Hatton.

Mosley fought a very competitive fight vs Cotto it was scored a 115-113 on 2 judges cards, and the fight was much closer than it should've been and againpeople said how Mosley is so old, a bum etc...

then he fought Mayorga who came into fight night weighing in at 170 pounds and eventually knocking him out. wasn't an accomplishment but either way..

after that Mosley fought Margarito when he was ranked pound for pound one of the best welterweights after his destruction of Cotto (with his plaster gloves)still Shane dominated that fight and nobody wanted to fight Margarito at that time except for Paul Williams. Mosley again was supposed to get knocked the fout, and instead he destroyed Margarito.

You guys know i'm one of the biggest Mosley D-riders but he deserves a fight with Floyd or me personally i'd rather see him rematch Cotto.

If Cotto, Floyd, and Berto all get to fight smaller boxers (a weight class below them) and get paid why shouldn't Mosley be allowed to do so as well?

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

"I want to talk to him," De La Hoya said."He seems like a genuine kid. I believe when he bought that gun there were no bad intentions. He's a kid who was winning, fighting on HBO and making money and I think he figured he'd protect himself. 'I'm going to buy this gun with my own ID to protect myself.' I am sure he was thinking that."
Real talk from Oscar.

truth... and i don't even like Oscar. Props to him though for supporting Kirkland.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Real talk from Oscar.
truth... and i don't even like Oscar. Props to him though for supporting Kirkland.

I mean, Kirkland is his fighter and could end up being a big cash cow. Doubt Oscar would bad mouth him in any way.

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

this is all on mosley tho, when PBF was hot and just getting on PPV he wanted no parts of him. !*%@# talking about he was going out of the country so couldn't fight at that time
roll.gif
roll.gif

he beat a BUM in margocheater and now is trying to cash out before his time is up. this bum is calling out floyd for fighting a smaller guy in JMM but he was on hands, knees and bending over to fight pacman

he wont mind if he fought PBF and lost because it would go out with a big pay day but if someone like Berto beat him and its not a big pay day dude is screwed and career over

FRAUD BUM

He fought Collazo and nobody gave Mosley a chance at winning they said "he's too old to be fighting the young guys" Mosley outboxed him 118-109 when supposedly Collazo was the "better boxer" because of his previous fight with Ricky Hatton.

Mosley fought a very competitive fight vs Cotto it was scored a 115-113 on 2 judges cards, and the fight was much closer than it should've been and again people said how Mosley is so old, a bum etc...

then he fought Mayorga who came into fight night weighing in at 170 pounds and eventually knocking him out. wasn't an accomplishment but either way..

after that Mosley fought Margarito when he was ranked pound for pound one of the best welterweights after his destruction of Cotto (with his plaster gloves) still Shane dominated that fight and nobody wanted to fight Margarito at that time except for Paul Williams. Mosley again was supposed to get knocked the f out, and instead he destroyed Margarito.

You guys know i'm one of the biggest Mosley D-riders but he deserves a fight with Floyd or me personally i'd rather see him rematch Cotto.

If Cotto, Floyd, and Berto all get to fight smaller boxers (a weight class below them) and get paid why shouldn't Mosley be allowed to do so as well?

Real talk. I don't understand all the Mosley hate. He has a resume that Floyd would even dream of fighting. His losses have come to bigger men. Granted, Igive Floyd the credit for puttin on a clinic. He was great 2 watch on sat, but I still think Shane is one of the best and deserves a fight. Any Real boxing fanknows that shane has fought nothn but the best. He has fought actual threats in his weight class. That has to be respected. I have said time and time b4 thatFloyd is scared to fight people in the class he so calls "rules". Shane actually takes risks. That's why I respect him more as a fighter. Floydhas to do the same to get my respect.

Originally Posted by TCERDA

Bigmike23 wrote:

this is all on mosley tho, when PBF was hot and just getting on PPV he wanted no parts of him. !*%@# talking about he was going out of the country so
couldn't fight at that time
roll.gif
roll.gif

he beat a BUM in margocheater and now is trying to cash out before his time is up. this bum is calling out floyd for fighting a smaller guy in JMM but he was
on hands, knees and bending over to fight pacman

he wont mind if he fought PBF and lost because it would go out with a big pay day but if someone like Berto beat him and its not a big pay day dude is
screwed and career over

FRAUD BUM

He fought Collazo and nobody gave Mosley a chance at winning they said "he's too old to be fighting the young guys" Mosley outboxed him 118-109
when supposedly Collazo was the "better boxer" because of his previous fight with Ricky Hatton.

Mosley fought a very competitive fight vs Cotto it was scored a 115-113 on 2 judges cards, and the fight was much closer than it should've been and again
people said how Mosley is so old, a bum etc...

after that Mosley fought Margarito when he was ranked pound for pound one of the best welterweights after his destruction of Cotto (with his plaster gloves)
still Shane dominated that fight and nobody wanted to fight Margarito at that time except for Paul Williams. Mosley again was supposed to get knocked the f
out, and instead he destroyed Margarito.

Real talk. I don't understand all the Mosley hate. He has a resume that Floyd would even dream of fighting. His losses have come to bigger men. Granted, I give Floyd the credit for puttin on a clinic. He was great 2 watch on sat, but I still think Shane is one of the best and deserves a fight. Any Real boxing fan knows that shane has fought nothn but the best. He has fought actual threats in his weight class. That has to be respected. I have said time and time b4 that Floyd is scared to fight people in the class he so calls "rules". Shane actually takes risks. That's why I respect him more as a fighter. Floyd has to do the same to get my respect.

but wasnt shane ducking Floyd.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Originally Posted by TCERDA

Bigmike23 wrote:

this is all on mosley tho, when PBF was hot and just getting on PPV he wanted no parts of him. !*%@# talking about he was going out of the country so
couldn't fight at that time
roll.gif
roll.gif

he beat a BUM in margocheater and now is trying to cash out before his time is up. this bum is calling out floyd for fighting a smaller guy in JMM but he was
on hands, knees and bending over to fight pacman

he wont mind if he fought PBF and lost because it would go out with a big pay day but if someone like Berto beat him and its not a big pay day dude is
screwed and career over

FRAUD BUM

He fought Collazo and nobody gave Mosley a chance at winning they said "he's too old to be fighting the young guys" Mosley outboxed him 118-109
when supposedly Collazo was the "better boxer" because of his previous fight with Ricky Hatton.

Mosley fought a very competitive fight vs Cotto it was scored a 115-113 on 2 judges cards, and the fight was much closer than it should've been and again
people said how Mosley is so old, a bum etc...

after that Mosley fought Margarito when he was ranked pound for pound one of the best welterweights after his destruction of Cotto (with his plaster gloves)
still Shane dominated that fight and nobody wanted to fight Margarito at that time except for Paul Williams. Mosley again was supposed to get knocked the f
out, and instead he destroyed Margarito.

Real talk. I don't understand all the Mosley hate. He has a resume that Floyd would even dream of fighting. His losses have come to bigger men. Granted, I give Floyd the credit for puttin on a clinic. He was great 2 watch on sat, but I still think Shane is one of the best and deserves a fight. Any Real boxing fan knows that shane has fought nothn but the best. He has fought actual threats in his weight class. That has to be respected. I have said time and time b4 that Floyd is scared to fight people in the class he so calls "rules". Shane actually takes risks. That's why I respect him more as a fighter. Floyd has to do the same to get my respect.

but wasnt shane ducking Floyd.

No. It was mentioned but at the time, Floyd was a Friday nite fight guy and Shane was goin after guys like oscar in his prime.

Christ Valuev's head is huge. It looks damn deformed.

But Valuev's fists don't look THAT much bigger than Haye's.

Yeah, thats in Baguio.... and once Pac arrived in the city, so did a bunch of fans
laugh.gif
So there goes the peace and quiet. During one of his morning training sessions, i think he was about to shadow box... a bunch of ladies joinedhim so he did tae bo with them instead
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom