'09 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFF-SEASON THREAD-recruiting/Coaching Changes/Transfers

[table][tr][td]Coaching Changes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]School[/td] [td]Out[/td] [td]Yrs at
School
[/td] [td]New Coach[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Army[/td] [td]Stan Brock[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]Rich Ellerson[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Auburn[/td] [td]Tommy Tuberville[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]Gene Chizik[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ball State[/td] [td]Brady Hoke[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]Stan Parrish[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Bowling Green[/td] [td]Gregg Brandon[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]Dave Clawson[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Clemson[/td] [td]Tommy Bowden[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]Dabo Swinney[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Eastern Michigan[/td] [td]Jeff Genyk[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]Ron English[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Iowa State[/td] [td]Gene Chizik[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]Paul Rhoads[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kansas State[/td] [td]Ron Prince[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]Bill Snyder[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Miami (Ohio)[/td] [td]Shane Montgomery[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]Mike Haywood[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mississippi State[/td] [td]Sylvester Croom[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]Dan Mullen[/td] [/tr][tr][td]New Mexico[/td] [td]Rocky Long[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]Mike Locksley[/td] [/tr][tr][td]New Mexico State[/td] [td]Hal Mumme[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]DeWayne Walker[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Purdue[/td] [td]Joe Tiller[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]Danny Hope[/td] [/tr][tr][td]San Diego State[/td] [td]Chuck Long[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]Brady Hoke[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Syracuse[/td] [td]Greg Robinson[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]Doug Marrone[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tennessee[/td] [td]Phil Fulmer[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]Lane Kiffin[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Toledo[/td] [td]Tom Amstutz[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]Tim Beckman[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Utah State[/td] [td]Brent Guy[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]Gary Andersen[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Washington[/td] [td]Tyrone Willingham[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]Steve Sarkisian[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wyoming[/td] [td]Joe Glenn[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]Dave Christensen[/td] [/tr][/table]
recruiting
Under Armor Game
US Army All American Game
Signing Day

etc... put it here.

Vol News.
Ed Orgeron officially joined Tennessee's staff as recruiting coordinator.
smokin.gif

Cane news:

Ex-Canes QB gets some restrictions lifted
Associated Press

Updated: January 3, 2009, 10:47 AM ET
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Former Miami quarterback Robert Marve may transfer to a Southeastern Conference school with the Hurricanes' blessing after all.
That is, any SEC school except Tennessee, Florida or LSU.
Miami lifted some of the sanctions regarding Marve's transfer late Friday, four days after the Hurricanes' starting quarterback this past season said he was leaving for a new school.
Marve is still prohibited from transferring to schools in the Atlantic Coast Conference and within the state of Florida

laugh.gif

Also, Canes WR J. Mckenzie transfered to Memphis. 1st Charlie Jones went there last yr, now him. UM must have arelationship with some of those coaches up there.

Let me go ahead and get it out of the way...

2009: DA U IS BACK!
(For real, this time...)

Alright, we good now?

Aaron Murray starting the Army AA Game...
pimp.gif

why does Marve have those restrictions on SEC schools? I dont want him at Tennessee but its not even like Miami plays any of those teams except UF but by thattime his eligbilty would be up

DLO, Have u gotten a look at the Vols new coaching staff?
eek.gif
O MY GOD!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and CPF been beyond great on ESPN this entire week. He's going to be HC again real soon. esp. with the profile he's getting from that In studio Gig.
On the flip side, Tommy Bowden was horrible.
Tommy Tubberville been great on ESPNU too

does Randy Shannon have to worry about Tubby gettin a peak at the UM job? soon just wondering

**Fresh, because supposedly Marve had been in contact with those schools while still at Miami.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

DLO, Have u gotten a look at the Vols new coaching staff?
eek.gif
O MY GOD!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
ohwell.gif

Just let us have Marlon Brown, k?

Bob Lichtenfels of Scout.com predicts the recruits who are making decisions today during/after the US Army All American Bowl- He's 100% in the last 2years. Here's his picks for today's game:

Bryce McNeal, 4* WR: Clemson over Minn., Oregon, Colorado
Big Will Campbell, 5* DT: Michigan over LSU, Florida, Miami
Xavier Nixon, 5* OT: Florida over LSU and Miami
Brennan Williams, 4* OT: North Carolina over Boston College and Wake Forest
Jon Bostic, 4* LB: Florida over Clemson, FSU, LSU
Michael Carter, 3* CB: West Virginia over Florida, Minnesota.

im hoping the best for Dwalk......

UCLA putting a great recruiting class together, considering 4-8 record
smokin.gif

LU is getting a few transfers

WR Ervin Garner (Virginia Tech)
LB Owen Hunter (Virginia Tech)
Buck Burnette (Texas)*not official, everyone is saying he's going there

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

does Randy Shannon have to worry about Tubby gettin a peak at the UM job? soon just wondering
Heard about this as well....

Assuming we have a bad season in '09 and Shannon gets fired...I don't want Tubberville i coral gables.

Is Tuberville a good recruiter? He's a hell of a coach, and I'm not very impressed with Shannon as a HC, I'll be honest. I'd want him around asan %++'t though.

Can anyone give me any insight to the deal with McGuffie? I heard the transfer had nothing to do with UM but more with personal family issues.

And Gunna you tell that cheerleader I said what up yet??

Is Tuberville a good recruiter

Bruh, thats not a serious question, is it? Tubby
pimp.gif

And Gunna you tell that cheerleader I said what up yet??

laugh.gif

Ah Man, I didnt even put in a word for myself. Gotta set up a "secondary" myspace to get my Holla on. Wont be no paper trail leading back to me

Vols new coaching staff
I dont see it lasting more than 2 seasons, thats why im not a big fan of NFL hires. If Chaney shows some success (especially considering Craptonis our QB) he'll probably get offered the same position in the NFL

Luper, as reported earlier, is leaving his position as Oklahoma State's assistant head coach for player development/running backs coach to join Chizik's staff, where he will reportedly will be paid $400,000 annually. He was paid $228,000 in 2008 at OSU.

But he may not be the only Cowboy assistant coach leaving for Auburn. At least one source has confirmed that OSU co-offensive coordinator Trooper Taylor may also be joining Chizik's staff. GoPokes.com is currently attempting to confirm that Taylor also will be going to Auburn. Apparently,they have confirmed he is in talks with Auburn and Chizik.
Auburn racking 'em up.
laugh.gif

Also, Canes WR J. Mckenzie transfered to Memphis. 1st Charlie Jones went there last yr, now him. UM must have a relationship with some of those coaches up there.

Our EX-DC Tim Walton is there now after he left/resigned last year. And McKenzie's little brother is going to play at Memphis next year too.

Our TE Dajleon Farr transferred there too.

eek.gif
Troop to Auburn . Yikes.

Our EX-DC Tim Walton is there now after he left/resigned last year. And McKenzie's little brother is going to play at Memphis next year too.

ahh that explains it

Trooper interviewed for the Miami OC spot yesterday or Wednesday. I forgot which one. Major Applewhite interviewed too.

Can anyone give me any insight to the deal with McGuffie? I heard the transfer had nothing to do with UM but more with personal family issues.
Family issues, I believe... Needed to be closer to home to take care of his younger brother... Not sure what's going on with the parents?

But that's why he looked exclusively at Texas A&M, Rice, and Houston... All less than an hour from his hometown...

Originally Posted by maldonado316

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

2 things.

He's a beast:
340x.jpg

He's going to be:
n1358768959_102724_3539.jpg
QFT.

Looking forward to what Golden can do in the secondary with more playing time next year.
Gronk, Scott, and Golden are all going to be sick

Back
Top Bottom