'09 Seattle Mariners Season Thread (36-35)-Let's GO!!!!

We get a fresh start and JR is back, so let's show some love to him and the rest of the M's by going to as many games as possible.
Everyone has us at the bottom of the AL West, but we could be surprise underdogs; so keep your heads up blue and teal fans!

EDIT: Official thread in the Sports & Training Forum.

Going to Opening Day. They have us last under the Rangers? Whoa now, that's unacceptable.

Yeah there are many sport sites that have us under the Rangers... It's all good though let them put us there; it only gives them more room be wrong.

I'm waiting until they come down to Cali and play the Dodgers on June 26. Dodger stadium has those All-you-can-eat pavillion seats in the right fieldseats; unlimited dodger dogs, nachos, pop, and popcorn AND possibly seeing the Kid play rightfield= heaven.

But I'm really looking forward to seeing the M's at Safeco when I go back home to visit. It's been TOO long since I've been to Safeco...
Let's even up this damn series though!!! Edit: That's how you close out a game Morrow!!!

Let them underestimate the M's all they want... it'll be a bigger incentive for the team to prove them all wrong.

Good stuff tonight. Felix is pitching tomorrow so let's take this thing.

why don't we have one of these threads in the Sports forum? just wondering.

The 'pen looked a little shakey, but ultimately did their job... RRS on the other hand...

Originally Posted by SinnerP

why don't we have one of these threads in the Sports forum? just wondering.

The 'pen looked a little shakey, but ultimately did their job... RRS on the other hand...

Yeah someone started a thread in ST the day after I started this one. It's probably more convenient to post in the other one. I'm posting in the otherone as well but I'll continue updating this one for the NW gears that don't normally go in the ST forum.

The team this year is so much better defensively that I am really excited about our chances. We still have a long way to go before we can mention winning thedivision but when Ichiro gets healthy it is going to be an exciting team to watch. I am not worried too much about RRS, he has shown the ability to pitch and Ithink the last start was just an off day. With a healthy Felix and Bedard our 1-2 is as good as any and if Washburn can make this a career year we might besurprising a lot of people. Hopefully Fat Silva can do his part and stay away from the buffet table...

Mariners are off to a great start, and with Ichiro back from the DL this week (hopefully), we should be a little bit better. Going to Friday's Ichirobobble head game, anyone else?

^^^
Man I'm going to miss the Ichiro bobblehead night, but I'm planning to make a trip home just in time for the Griffey bobblehead night in the summer.

It's good to hear that Ichiro is expected to come back Wednesday; I just hope everyone gets along and we continue to get these W's.

Ok seriously Bautista is possibly the worst option the Mariners have EVER had...just send him home to work on his poem skills

^^^

haha...awesome game tonight though. Welcome back Ichiro and congrats to the Kid doing his thing.

Yo seriously though Bautista is so bad....Last season I absolutely refused to go to any game where Bautista was pitching...all he has EVER done is help out theOTHER team.

Back to the Mariners though, it is such a relief when the camera shows the dugout and players are laughing and having a good time. I'm sure winningballgames has a lot to do with it, but we shipped out a lot of free swingers and cry babies and brought in a lot of promising young players which has giventhis team a much needed facelift. I am hoping that this team can keep a winning record for the rest of the season!

Great game tonight but i still need to see more if im gonna place them in contention to win the divison

A couple pics from yesterday's game...

3448679188_d6e37a8379.jpg
3448679090_7129feeddd.jpg
3448678906_f37e02d5b0.jpg
3447864053_8272b96cb7.jpg
3448676584_5631d787ce.jpg

I was really hoping for the sweep against the Angels tonight, but the Mariners offense didn't do enough for that to really happen. I am very happy with thestart by Jak as he was throwing strikes far better than I anticipated. Not too down about the game though, we can't will all the games and as long as theMariners refocus, I like our chances to put together some more win streaks.

I hate Silva with a passion. Another poor performance on Sunday.

Oh well, at least my kids got on the FSN broadcast!
362083793.jpg

Back
Top Bottom