10-year-old started North Los Angeles fires

[h1]No charges for boy who started California fire[/h1][h2]Prosecutor: No evidence of intent; blaze destroyed 21 homes last month[/h2]
LOS ANGELES - A 10-year-old boy who admitted starting a 38,000-acre fire last month that destroyed 21 homes in northern Los Angeles County will not be charged,prosecutors said Tuesday.
There was no evidence of intent by the boy, who accidentally ignited brush outside his home by playing withmatches, the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office said in a statement.

Authorities are referring the case to the Department of Children and Family Services to determine if furthersteps are necessary. No other information about the investigation was released because the case involves a minor.
The blaze was among more than a dozenmajor wildfires that blackened more than 800 square miles from Los Angeles to the Mexican border. In all, 10 people were killed directly by the wildfires.
About a week after the fires were ignited, sheriff's department officials announced that they hadinterviewed the boy, who lived with his family in a trailer home on a ranch in Santa Clarita, and that he acknowledged starting the blaze.

Officials presented the case to the district attorney's office, but law experts had said prosecutorswould have trouble getting a conviction against the boy because it would be difficult to prove intent to cause harm.

Kids playing with fire,
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Cyprus Sinner II

I don't understand how you let one bush on fire spread 38,000 acres.

Did someone not realize to put the bush out?

By the time the firemen got there it was unextinguishable or something?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

waits for his NT membership to be approved in 6-8 yrs...

TOPIC: What was the worst thing you've ever done and gotten away with it?

Originally Posted by Cyprus Sinner II

I don't understand how you let one bush on fire spread 38,000 acres.

Did someone not realize to put the bush out?

By the time the firemen got there was it unextinguishable or something? I know fire spreads quickly, but 38,000 acres?

Edit: I just realized it said bRush, not bush.

That kid must've lit like a football field's worth of brush on fire for someone not to be able to put it out before it spreads 38,000 acres.

no it was RIDICULOUSLY hot windy and dry that day so its not that shocking. it was the worst case scenario though
tired.gif

fire spreads exponetially
a fire fighter told me when i was a kid that a fire can burn down a house in less than 5 mins

This has been in the news for over a week in SoCal.

I don't know what to say, I almost burned down my house when I was 7 (matches + xmas tree = no bueno!). I learned my lesson the hard way (Chancla x CintoCollabo "Ayy Me Duele"!).

This was much bigger, but it wasn't intentional, just a kid doing something reckless, that got out of control.

Back
Top Bottom