10 years since "Over the edge" RIP Owen Hart

t0xicman

Banned
Damn one of my favorite wrestlers...cant believe its been 10 years....

quite possibly the best wrestler to never win the world champion...

I still cant believe they continued the PPV....

Over the Edge was a professional wrestlingpay-per-view event produced by the World Wrestling Federation (WWF), which took place onMay 23, 1999, at the Kemper Arena in Kansas City, Missouri, USA.[sup][1][/sup] The show's seven matchesshowcased prominent WWF wrestlers, who acted out the franchise's stories in and out of the ring; however, the wrestling industry mostly remembered the showfor the accidental death of wrestler Owen Hart.

Owen Hart was scheduled to face The Godfather for the WWF Intercontinental Championship during theevent. Wrestling under his Blue Blazer gimmick, Hart was to make a superhero-like ring entrance, which would have seen him descend fromthe arena rafters into the ring. He was, however, released prematurely when the harness linemalfunctioned, and fell more than 70 feet (21 m) into the ring and died.[sup][2][/sup][sup][3][/sup] Criticism later arose over theWWF's decision to continue the show after Hart's accident.[sup][4][/sup] In court, the Hart family sued the organization, contending that poor planning of thedangerous stunt caused Owen's death. WWF settled thecase out of court, paying US$18 million to the Hartfamily.[sup][5][/sup][sup][6][/sup]

R.I.P....

this dude had all the potential in the world...i wonder what role he would've had today.

owen-hart-sm.jpg

OWEN HART FOR WWE HALL OF FAME!!!

Book it Vince, you owe him.

i remember this,
i cut out the newspaper article, and put it up in my room,
it felt like it was more than 10 yrs.....

RIP

Damn it's been 10 years....
I remember watching Raw the following night and all the wrestlers were crying.
R.I.P

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I was watching on PPV. After it happened, I went to WWF.com trying to find out if he was ok, then JRannounced he passed.[/color]

damn that was ten years ago?

i can still remember that monday i came into school (8th grade) and my friends told me about it. it was seemingly the first ppv i missed in years, must'vehad something to do that night

crazy the things we remember so vividly.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

the video is still no where to be found?
I don't think there ever was one because majority of the cameras were focused on the titantron

Originally Posted by jose cansec0

R.I.P....

this dude had all the potential in the world...i wonder what role he would've had today.

He wanted out of wrestling. If anything he would have been a firefighter which is what he always wanted to be. R.I.P.

def remember when this happened...they had the cameras on the crowd for like 20 mins cause they didnt want to show anything

Originally Posted by NewZ05

def remember when this happened...they had the cameras on the crowd for like 20 mins cause they didnt want to show anything

yeah, I knew something was wrong. The crazy part was he just cut his promo, i think?

Back
Top Bottom