$10k cash for a 350z - or $10k down on a BRZ? Or. 98 boxster for $9K cash?

Looking for a second vehicle, want a coupe-

2004 350z - $10k , 95,000 miles. Pay cash

BRZ $20k, put $10k down, 5,000 miles

98 boxster, $9k , 68,000 miles. Pay cash

What's everyone's thoughts ?

2 seater is cool, don't really wants anything big - want something that holds its value-

Looking for a second vehicle, want a coupe-

2004 350z - $10k , 95,000 miles. Pay cash

BRZ $20k, put $10k down, 5,000 miles

98 boxster, $9k , 68,000 miles. Pay cash

What's everyone's thoughts ?

2 seater is cool, don't really wants anything big - want something that holds its value-
Might as well go with the boxster .. low miles 9k and it's a porsche.

so you have status ...

hard top?

I'll try to negotiate to 8k.

350z nissan 

Brz subaru 

Nice cars, but no status ... 

Just saying

Last edited:
If you went used how long would you keep the car?
If you went new how long would you keep the car?

I prefer to pay cash for vehicles so of those 3 I would choose the boxter, however, there is definitely a comforting peace of mind in owning a new vehicle. Porches aren't exactly cheap when maintenance time comes around either. Sounds like we have similar tastes in cars also b/c I've considered all 3 of those at one point, myself.

I prefer to pay cash for vehicles so of those 3 I would choose the boxter, however, there is definitely a comforting peace of mind in owning a new vehicle. Porches aren't exactly cheap when maintenance time comes around either. Sounds like we have similar tastes in cars also b/c I've considered all 3 of those at one point, myself.
I never thought about the maintenance ...

I assume if you buy a European car, that money is not the problem

like the people that buy SUV and complain about gas prices .. like assni

What did you end up getting?

BRZ all day please.  You don't want any part of a 15 year old Porsche, unless you are familiar with the platform and can work on the car yourself.  I've got a 2012 Cayman R, and when my warranty is up, I am selling that thing to the highest bidder fast.  Do your research on Porsche maintenance before taking a risk like this, especially if you don't have deep pockets.

buy a 98 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC and supercharge it! 
pimp.gif

In all honesty , the BRZ is the smartest choice out of the bunch plus I don't see many on the road so it would look good on your behalf but if you want to stunt and hope to god your used car don't break on you go for the boxster .

if you want something that holds value dont get the brz the other 2 cars already took the hit on depreciation

id say the 350 but too many miles for me so that leaves us with the porsche

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom