*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Originally Posted by miamib30514

Originally Posted by Crime Wave

LSXc6.gif
omg
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I don't see how the lakers get better my trading odom and gasol. Theyre not guaranteed d.howard.

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

I still don't understand why celtic fans want CP3 you guys have Rondo.

CP3 is an upgrade and he gives us a much better chance to land Dwight next summer when we'll only have have Pierce signed

@WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski

League source on killed deal: "...(Stern) wasn't going to let Chris Paul dictate where he wanted to go."

WOW
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

League source on killed deal: "...(Stern) wasn't going to let Chris Paul dictate where he wanted to go."

WOW
indifferent.gif

About time Stern grew some balls.   I'm sick of players saying where they will or won't play.

How was he dictating where he wanted to go? This was probably the best deal available for NO and Paul. If he was dictating where he wanted to go NO would've traded him to the Knicks for some draft picks.

Originally Posted by mjd77

WOW
indifferent.gif

About time Stern grew some balls.   I'm sick of players saying where they will or won't play.
Yeah, stupid free agency. 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by MrDozo

I don't see how the lakers get better my trading odom and gasol. Theyre not guaranteed d.howard.
The Lakers could win with kobe, cp3, and a healthy bynum, but I think mitch had something else in the works...if cp3 goes to LA, I find it hard to believe dwight wouldnt go there too.

WOW
indifferent.gif

You're kidding me right. 

Originally Posted by Si3xers55

Originally Posted by MrDozo

The Lakers could win with kobe, cp3, and a healthy bynum, but I think mitch had something else in the works...if cp3 goes to LA, I find it hard to believe dwight wouldnt go there too.

Originally Posted by pdouly33

WOW
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
He isn't a free agent though
grin.gif

Can't believe the trade was cancelled though, going to have to hear more about this.

WOW
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
He's a Milwaukee fan 

If he wants to go LA or New York let him when he is a free agent.

You can't build around those players NO was getting and there wasn't any high draft picks involved.

WOW
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

I'm not talking about that.  I'm talking about players in the last year of a deal who force the small market franchises to accommodate their trade demands or threaten to walk as a FA and the team gets nothing.  At the rate it's going you might as well contract every team except NY, LA, Miami, and Chicago.  Need more guys like KD.

WOW
indifferent.gif

Players should be able to do what they want.

indifferent.gif

I'm not talking about that.  I'm talking about players in the last year of a deal who force the small market franchises to accommodate their trade demands or threaten to walk as a FA and the team gets nothing.  At the rate it's going you might as well contract every team except NY, LA, Miami, and Chicago.

It's called leverage. Were you up in arms when the owners of those small market teams tried to cancel the season in an attempt to force the players back to the bargaining table? If you have leverage, strike while the iron's hot. We live in a capitalist society. Let CP3 cook.

Back
Top Bottom