*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

D12 isn't going to NJN in a trade.... There is cap room for whatever deal to work, but the Magic are going to trade D12 for who? Brook Lopez & Jordan Farmer  
indifferent.gif

I'm still kinda dumbfounded....like this CAN'T be the end of cp3 to LA talk, I'm assuming this drags on for a while............and that Gilbert letter
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
so you're mad that other teams are making moves that protects them currently and for the future, while your !+!%+@ !+% team will NEVER be a place of interest to players that matter
30t6p3b.gif

man F*** dan gilbert! I firmly believe that this deal will push through. dwight or no dwight. we will get cp3. I'm F****** pissed
right now.

Lulz at Dwight not wanting any part of living up to any big man in laker town. Shows what dude is made of.

I'm so @%+%*%% pissed right now. I'm just going to sleep and see what happens tomorrow. I can see why LBJ left Cleveland. 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

This dude Dan Gilbert is that kid that reminded the teacher she forgot to assign homework.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by lakersreppa008

I'm so @%+%*%% pissed right now. I'm just going to sleep and see what happens tomorrow. I can see why LBJ left Cleveland. 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

THIS

So sources are saying Paul wasn't gonna sign with ya regardless so ya were giving up two bigs to rent this dude?

You would of think the NBA would of at least learned from the LBJ fiasco and handled this situation better.

Wont be surprised if i hear tomorrow "Bud Selig kills Pujols and Cj's Move to Los Angeles Angels''.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

So sources are saying Paul wasn't gonna sign with ya regardless so ya were giving up two bigs to rent this dude?

*Looks @ Sig+Avy*

grin.gif

I'm mad not because we couldn't get CP3 but the way NBA handled it. Stupid $+! Stern and those @#%$ owners

Originally Posted by tupac003

Not only did stern mess up the deal for all parties, he may have just ruined ANY chemistry in our locker room. SMH
not stern but the owners, and since they are the ones paying paul his money they are well within their right to veto this trade.

With Cuban's decision to let all the Mavs' free agents walk the Lakers can be right back in the Finals if they never did anything.

Originally Posted by bchimcuter

Not only did stern mess up the deal for all parties, he may have just ruined ANY chemistry in our locker room. SMH
not stern but the owners, and since they are the ones paying paul his money they are well within their right to veto this trade.

what do you mean by this?

By far, one of the weirdest days in the NBA and the season hasn't even started. I woke up hearing the that only Pau was involved in the three-way trade and the trade was close to being done. Which I was all for. Then half way through my afternoon I heard that the trade fell apart and the Lakers "backed out:" Which was a confusion to my day. Then bigger news broke out that Lakers are getting Paul for Pau and Odom. At first I was
happy.gif
happy.gif
and then
frown.gif
frown.gif
cause Odom was leaving. It took me a couple of hours to get over that Odom was gone and then I felt comfortable about the Lakers acquiring Paul. Come back another couple hours the league put the trade on halt. @%+?!?! Just as I was getting over Odom and Pau, the owners decide to #$#@ with my mood.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Speechless.

Originally Posted by Just bLAzed

hornets is NBA owned.

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

People need to stop defending the fact that just because the NBA owns the Hornets, this trade being nullified is justified.

Dan Gilbert is crying about how this deal cost him money as 1/29th owner of the Hornets, but yet when Pau got traded for Kwame it was ok because the Lakers took on more money and Dan got a piece of that money. But now when the Lakers cut some of that salary which cuts his free tax he wants it blocked.

Some of you need to understand the basketball business. I don't know everything, but I know this much, the league was informed for a long time (dating to last season) that they're shopping CP, the league (meaning all the owners) said that is fine and never had any objection to it. So why is it an issue now?

Now you got a young GM in Demps who is so livid right now that he's going to resign as GM of the Hornets.

THIS IS A NO WIN SITUATION.

Eff Dan Gilbert.

I'd like to add to my post, this part of the letter sums it up right there:

"Over the next three seasons this deal would save the Lakers approximately $20 million in salaries and approximately $21 million in luxury taxes. That $21 million goes to non-taxpaying teams and to fund revenue sharing."

He's worried about his piece of the pie from the Lakers, not the Hornets. Who the hell is he to suggest what the Lakers should do with their franchise, HE DOESN'T OWN THEM. No where in the letter he's crying about how the Hornets are coming up short on the deal. So for all the people justifying Dan's complaint, look at the facts.

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

Originally Posted by Just bLAzed

hornets is NBA owned.

i know that they are NBA owned, but do all of the owners directly pay the salaries for the Hornets' players?

Back
Top Bottom