*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Lakers aren't as bad as everyone is making them out to be. Still a top 4 team in the West.

I see them finishing 3rd or 4th. Got a feeling Pau is gonna play motivated/redemption mode & Bynum will beast. (I know we say that every year about Bynum, but hey)
Also, with Lamar gone, everyone's numbers are sure to go up, especially Bynum's rebounding.

Clippers probably finish 5-6. (If they had kept Gordon I'd put them ahead of us.)

& honestly, I don't like CP3 with the Clips but that's not what makes me mad. What sucks is that the NBA knew they weren't going to OK a trade with the Lakers, yet they let discussions get so far. Far enough to where the deal was agreed to in principle(which usually means it's a done deal). I would have preferred if they had just told the Lakers "you cannot give us the deal we want" & end the talks at the beginning. Instead they let things get so far, that the aftermath left our team in this mess/Losing LO for $.

Oh well, this should be an interesting season.

http://twitter.com/mctenThe Lakers' $5 million trade exception from the Sasha Vujacic deal expires today, Dec. 15

Do something Mitch! Just don't sign Troy Murphy and call it a day
laugh.gif

i mean if the lakers got a half decent point guard like billups or devin harris they would be favorites but noooooooooooooooooooooo

why the !@*@ are we working troy murphy out??? what the hell???? the guy who got no burn last year fir like 3 different teams? gerald green who was out of the league for 2 years???

Menacin Methods wrote:
http://twitter.com/mctenThe Lakers' $5 million trade exception from the Sasha Vujacic deal expires today, Dec. 15Do something Mitch! Just don't sign Troy Murphy and call it a day
laugh.gif

It was actually extended a day....We have until tomorrow to use it...and we won't...
tired.gif

Carl Landry is on the open market, any way to get him? Now that the CP3 fiasco is over, Mitch has to put all his eggs in the Dwight Howard basket doesn't he?

Stern and Lamar being a crybaby really screwed us over. I've been preaching for Dwight but even with the team from last season we could at the very least have gotten to the conference finals and probably lost to OKC. Now it'll probably be another 2nd rd exit. SMH. Should have never pulled out of the talks for CP3 if management was going this route, done got got by the Clippers
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Magic end trade talks for Dwight Howard

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports

13 hours, 46 minutes ago

Orlando Magic have informed teams that they’re ending trade talks for Dwight Howard and plan to start the season with the All-Star center on their roster, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Magic’s decision came Wednesday after the Nets assembled a multiteam trade proposal for Howard that would have sent the Magic center Brook Lopez, Portland Trail Blazers forward Gerald Wallace, point guard Jordan Farmar and a first-round draft pick. The Nets also would have taken on Chris Duhon and Hedo Turkoglu. The Blazers would have received four draft picks for Wallace.

With the framework of a deal in place, talks had reached the ownership level in Orlando, league sources said. Nevertheless, Magic ownership did not approve of the trade, and general manager Otis Smith then informed teams Howard had been removed from the market.

Dwight Howard has warned the Magic if they don't move him by the March 15 trade deadline, they'll lose him for nothing in free agency.

Howard told teammates on Tuesday that he thought the trade to the Nets was a “done deal,

I would trade Gasol & Bynum for D12 in a heartbeat.

In… a… heartbeat.

You don't have to have a lights out backup to an elite player.

If Bynum starts beasting then I don't think they will add gasol in a trade. However, why would you trade him if he starts beasting? Jim Buss would keep him 

if we do give up pau and bynum for dwight they better get another team involved and get us another solid power forward...

wherever dwight goes arenas will follow and a old washed up arenas>fisher and blake

whats devin harris doing these days?

Devin Harris plays on the Jazz

So frustrating guys...I'm happy the season is starting next Sunday, but damn I'm depressed that we have seemingly gotten worse this year.

This picture pretty much sums up how I feel...

469767901.jpg

latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers-20111215,0,3146965.story
[h1]latimes.com[/h1][h4]PRO BASKETBALL[/h4][h2]Lakers upset with Chris Paul's trade to Clippers[/h2][h3]While General Manager Mitch Kupchak declines to comment, the team is said to be privately fuming over the move, which comes six days after the Lakers' trade for the New Orleans point guard was vetoed by the league.[/h3]
By Mike Bresnahan

7:36 PM PST, December 14, 2011

[table][tr][td]Advertisement[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]

The Lakers were hit with a two-by-four of bad news Wednesday, Chris Paul heading to the Clippers and Dwight Howard heading nowhere.

The Lakers were privately fuming Wednesday, according to a person with knowledge of their front office, when Paul, the New Orleans point guard, ended up in Los Angeles six days after the NBA vetoed the Lakers' trade for him.

Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak declined to comment through a spokesman but earlier this week said the NBA's blockade was "completely unexpected."

"We did the best we can to express our displeasure," Kupchak said Monday.

In the highly publicized nixed three-team trade, forward Lamar Odom was headed to New Orleans and forward Pau Gasol to Houston. Odom was subsequently dealt to Dallas, an unpopular trade with Lakers players and fans.

Putting Paul aside, Howard apparently won't be arriving in Los Angeles any time soon, as per a league official who said the Orlando Magic would no longer entertain offers for the All-Star center, who could become a free agent in July.

"They don't feel like there's any decision they have to make right now," the official said.

The Lakers were involved in trade talks with Orlando via Howard's agent for two weeks, but the price for Howard inevitably increased with Paul off the market.

The trade deadline isn't until March 15, and plenty can happen between now and then, though the Lakers will not trade Gasol and center Andrew Bynum to get Howard, according to a person familiar with the team's thinking.

Gasol wasn't so sure the Magic would stop taking offers for Howard.

"You don't know if they're just saying that," Gasol said. "They're probably saying that to get a better offer and then pull the trigger."

The Lakers and Howard ... to be continued later?

For now, the Lakers welcomed a new power forward and put another on the shelf for quite a while.

Derrick Caracter will miss at least four to six weeks after undergoing surgery Wednesday to remove torn cartilage from his left knee. Caracter, a reserve, sustained a non-contact injury Monday at practice.

Josh McRoberts took part in his first Lakers practice Wednesday, arriving a day after his agent texted him with simple words: "You're a Laker."

McRoberts was described by Gasol as scrappy and a hustler. He's also penciled in to start the season opener Dec. 25 against Chicago because Bynum must serve a five-game suspension and Gasol will slide over to center.

McRoberts is cognizant that Lakers fans want him to fill the void left by Odom, but they're not the same type of player. Odom was an excellent ballhandler who preferred to drive to the basket. McRoberts is more of a screen-setter with a decent mid-range jumper.

McRoberts, 24, averaged 7.4 points and 5.3 rebounds in 22.2 minutes for Indiana last season.

The Lakers will look at two veterans to possibly add to their roster.

Power forward Troy Murphy worked out at their facility Wednesday, though the Lakers could only offer him a veteran's-minimum contract of about $1.4 million if they liked him. Murphy, 31, averaged 3.1 points and 3.2 rebounds last season for New Jersey and Boston, a steep drop-off from a 2009-10 season in which the smooth shooter averaged 14.6 points and 10.2 rebounds for Indiana.

The Lakers will also monitor Baron Davis,
who was waived Wednesday by Cleveland under the one-time "amnesty" provision.

Teams that are under the salary cap have until 5 p.m. Friday to submit an offer to the NBA for Davis. If the 12-year veteran goes unclaimed, the Lakers could offer him the veteran's minimum.

The Cavaliers still have to pay Davis, 32, the remaining two years and $28.7 million remaining on his contract but he will not count against Cleveland's salary cap.

Davis was bothered by a bad back in recent years and did not take part in training camp with Cleveland because his back felt stiff. He averaged 13.1 points and 6.7 assists last season for the Clippers and Cleveland.

mike.bresnahan@latimes.com

twitter.com/Mike_Bresnahan

Times correspondent Mark Medina contributed to this report.

Copyright [emoji]169[/emoji] 2011, Los Angeles Times

I don't mind murphy...say he just had a bad year last year. If he can get 10 and 10 for us that would be great. Honestly I know we all like stars but guys like Murphy and McRoberts could be the perfect glue guys and you always need them for any championship run.

Yes we still need a point guard and I hope we address that. I don't know about BD but noble you made a great point...Where is Devin Harris? Is he still in Utah? That dudes name fell off after he left the nets. I wonder what he is making....

NBA didn't want big market teams leveraging small market teams for their star players.

Last time I checked... the Clippers are in LA.

if it's true we can get Millsap with a trade exception, then wouldn't you guys pull the trigger on Bynum and Pau for D12?

Fisher (hopefully not)
Kobe
Artest
Millsap
D. Howard

that's not bad at all... right?

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

So frustrating guys...I'm happy the season is starting next Sunday, but damn I'm depressed that we have seemingly gotten worse this year.

469767901.jpg

Mike Brown goofy @ss.The league is praying for the Lakers downfall but that's aight.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by hunter2k4

if it's true we can get Millsap with a trade exception, then wouldn't you guys pull the trigger on Bynum and Pau for D12?

Fisher (hopefully not)
Kobe
Artest
Millsap
D. Howard

Who said we could get millsap?

Lakers Sign Gerald Green Dec 15, 2011 12:16 AM EST

The Los Angeles Lakers have signed guard Gerald Green. Per team policy, terms of the agreement were not released.

Green, a four-year NBA veteran originally selected by the Boston Celtics in the first round (18th overall) of the 2005 NBA Draft, has appeared in 181 NBA games (41 starts) for the Celtics, Minnesota Timberwolves, Houston Rockets and Dallas Mavericks, posting career averages of 7.5 points and 2.0 rebounds in 16.0 minutes.

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by hunter2k4

Fisher (hopefully not)
Kobe
Artest
Millsap
D. Howard

Who said we could get millsap?

I keep hearing guys on this thread mention his name a lot for that trade exception... plus I posted a tweet from a super unreliable source who said we were exploring trade scenarios for the guy... so I meant, if there is any truth to those unfounded rumors the we should pull the trigger

I like that lineup posted above.

But can someone more knowledgeable than myself, answer this...can we go (like would this work?) after Eric Bledsoe with Sasha's trade exemption?

Originally Posted by AG 47

But can someone more knowledgeable than myself, answer this...can we go (like would this work?) after Eric Bledsoe with Sasha's trade exemption?

We could but A. The clippers would have to be willing to trade and B. it would have to happen by COB tomorrow.

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by AG 47

We could but A. The clippers would have to be willing to trade and B. it would have to happen by COB tomorrow.

Could Eric Bledsoe be a franchise PG for the future? I'm not familiar with his game at the pro level

we arent getting milsap for nothing which is what the lakers have.

@%!$ it. just sign troy murphy.

pau, bynum, mcroberts, murphy. we would have depth and shooting in the front court.

as for our guards, what a !!$+#+* mess. heres to hoping one of our rookie guards step up and put fisher and blake in a coffin...

i hope artest can mentor ebanks.

matt barnes can kick rocks.

luke walton can go @%!$ himself

only point guards id sign who are available still are arenas or aaron brooks. and we couldnt afford either.

those trade exceptions are going to waste.

the only bright spot is that andrew bynum only has to play 61 regular season games
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

469767901.jpg

Yeah, this pic says it all.

Back
Top Bottom