Best Material: The Infamous, Hell On Earth, HNIC, and Return Of The Mack

10. The Beastie Boys
Best Material: License To Ill

9. UGK
Best Material: To Hard To Swallow, Ridin Dirty, and UGK

8. A Tribe Called Quest
Best Material: The Low End Theory and Midnight Mauraders

7. Public Enemy
Best Material: It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back and Fear Of A Black Planet

6 Eric B and Rakim
Best Material: Paid In Full and Follow The Leader

5. Geto Boys:
Best Material: The Geto Boys, We Cant Be Stopped, Mr.Scarface Is Back, The Diary, and The Fix

4. Run DMC
Best Material: Run DMC, Down WIth The King, and Raising Hell

3. Outkast
Best Material: Check Out Entire Discography
happy.gif

2. Wu Tang Clan
Best Material: Enter The Wu Tang, Wu Tang Forever, Liquid Swords, Only Built for Cuban Links, Ironman, Return to the 36 Chambers, Tical, Fishscale, Supreme Clientele, and Uncolltrolled Substance and OB4CL 2

1. NWA
Best Material: Str8 Outta Compton, Zaggin 4 Life, Amerikkks Most Wanted, Death Cerificate, The Predator, The Chronic, 2001, EZ Does It, and Str8 off tha Streetz of Muthaphukkin Compton
Also NWA introduced SNoop and The dogg Pound, the Westside Connection, The DOC, Eminem and 50 Cent

Well there you have................................discuss

drop Run DMC down, shoot PE up, an addition or two and the list is gravy with me.

Originally Posted by JrockNIKErock

no bonethugs?!?!?!!? this is not a correct list at all...

Bone Thugs had 1 classic LP and 1 near classic Ep and the rest of their catalog is average........................at best.

Originally Posted by gunnascott

Bone Thugs had 1 classic LP and 1 near classic Ep and the rest of their catalog is average........................at best.

Negative. And how are you going to snub Kast?

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

How did I snub Kast I put them at number 3 and said their whole catalog is classic
indifferent.gif
A futher more I am a BTNH fan but all their albums sound exactly them same. Same material, beats and messages. They never change up.

I don't have a problem with the Wu and NWA being ahead of kast being as they truly are groups.

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

My thoughts exactly..  Come on now.. 

Man, you can't count all that solo material for NWA. What Cube and Dre did on their own had nothing to do with the group.

It's not like Wu, where all the solo efforts were still Wu albums.

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

Man, you can't count all that solo material for NWA. What Cube and Dre did on their own had nothing to do with the group.

It's not like Wu, where all the solo efforts were still Wu albums.

Why not. As far as Im concerned the solo activities of the NWA did contribute to the legacy of the NWA dynasty infact I was going to put Doggystyle and Eminems albums on their but I decided not to.

Originally Posted by petozham

Gangstarr should be there somewhere.

so should the Roots, but as much as i hate to admit it, i gotta agree with mtv when they came out with their criteria as far as what defined the best groups in hip hop and they said that a group should have at least more than one mc that's on the mic, thus eliminating the Roots crew and Gangstarr
eyes.gif

and this ain't mtv and you and i are entitled to our opinions and i do believe that Gangstarr definitely should be on ANYONES list

Back
Top Bottom