12/15/2001-12/15/2011: How are your Black/Red XIs holding up after 10 years?

Quite well over here. These have had only one owner, and I've been everywhere with them.

I worked at Finish Line at the time, and my manager said that we would still have to wake up early and come in to get our pairs(there was only one 11, which was going to be mine, and two 10.5s for the fam). I remember waking up early and going to Stonecrest Mall with my cousin and twin brother to get them. We fell asleep in front of the Finish Line gate. Another guy showed up, and we asked his size. He said 13, so we were good then. A security guard asked what we were doing at the mall so early, and he gave us the stoneface when we told him we were there for shoes.
laugh.gif

Anyone besides me that bought their pair back then and still have them¿ What are your stories?

I bought a pair for myself and my wife.(GF back then) They still look fresh after all these years. Almost DS. That era was a good time..

I got these on Boxing Day (Dec. 26) in Canada. Back then, Jordans sat in stores. I remember the store still had the black/red I's on the wall, because I was told that I could get a second pair for half off - just not the same shoe. Unfortunately they did not have the black/red I's in my size, so I picked up the white/silver I+'s for $100 - 50% = $50. I also remember these still being in stores, alongside the CG and Columbia XI's around June 2002. There was no such thing as lining up for a pair of Jordans those days. Too bad the keyword is "those days".

i should bust my pair out I have way too many ds pairs. remember copping like 3 pairs for $99 each through phone order at a nike outlet that someone posted about on nt back in the day. man those early 2000s were great days for sneakerheads.

Woow crazy its been ten years to the date and even crazier i didnt know that and i happen to wear my beater versions today
laugh.gif

yea iv gone all thru highschool in em, when i first starting buyin j's around that time i used to wear em to the ground and not keep em as fresh so i used to ball in em, play tennis in em gone thru many partys, been run over, mud, all that but there still not even bad at all, the shoe is a tank. Ill post pics in a bit

Recently sold my CDP and bought a DS01 too
pimp.gif

So far so good....my originals just fell apart last month so the 2001 will be worn a lot more. I beat the OGs to death and they held up great. The only original Jordans I've had that are tougher are the playoff XIIs.

Cant believe these came out 10 years ago. I wasnt into Jordans in 2001 so I had no idea they came back out (being a broke senior in high school FTL). Bought this pair last year on ebay for 120 shipped (bought OGs in early 2008 and sold them in early 2009, also had CDPs and traded them for Copper Foams). Wore them to work, Lolapalooza this past year, and when chilling around the city and STILL look crisp. These things are a tank, need another pair (either of these or the OGs) next year

The mesh on these is sooooo 
pimp.gif

when I compare these to the recent CDPs SpaceJams & Cool Greys its a joke

Got them on release date as a gift from my dad still lookin good

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

i should bust my pair out I have way too many ds pairs. remember copping like 3 pairs for $99 each through phone order at a nike outlet that someone posted about on nt back in the day. man those early 2000s were great days for sneakerheads.

Stories like this make me wish I were older. Sigh.
This would never happen nowadays.

Edit: The real reason I was supposed to post in this thread: My 01s are doing quite well. JB quality up to '04 > Life.

Since they were beaters, i tried to give the left shoe the OG look with the white outline on the patent
laugh.gif

2z6a3r4.jpg

flysd0.jpg

21mbwjd.jpg

x4f31e.jpg

33pf05i.jpg

2ahwgom.jpg

i went in and bought 4 pairs
laugh.gif

since then i beat one and gave em away, and other 3 are DS

photo122l.jpg

back when you could preorder your pairs from eastbay 6 months in advance
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i wish i still had those post card reminders they sent out
laugh.gif

still got my OG receipt too

photo1222v.jpg

Originally Posted by vanexellent

People still stop me on the street and ask when did they come out and where did I get them.

I forgot to mention this. For some reason, these break mad necks. Probably because everyone around my way beat up their CDP XIs.

Originally Posted by sthebest

People still stop me on the street and ask when did they come out and where did I get them.

I forgot to mention this. For some reason, these break mad necks. Probably because everyone around my way beat up their CDP XIs.

Same here! Folks asking about them, and I'm like, "These old things??"
laugh.gif

It's cool to hear so many stories. It sucks just to know that $125 price tag is something we probably will never see again...

i remember getting mine for retail 3 weeks early at some spot in downtown LA i used to get things from back then.

i beat em to the ground and sold em. whenever i get some extra throwaround money ima get another pair of 2001's for nostalgia purposes and because they were one of my favorite shoes.

Originally Posted by NCTwin

Same here! Folks asking about them, and I'm like, "These old things??"
laugh.gif

It's cool to hear so many stories. It sucks just to know that $125 price tag is something we probably will never see again...

did you see what i did there?

good times.. i remember going to the mall of america when i was visiting at the time and bought them the day after xmas. 125 flat. times have certainly changed..

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

One shoe I will never let go.

I think these are the oldest shoe I own as well...

Back
Top Bottom