12/17/06....the night Kobe & the Lakers ate 60 from Gil

pimp.gif

Gillie!...Hope he gets it together soon.

Originally Posted by NIMFH

But it's Kobe tho. Arguably the second greatest player to ever touch the hardwood.
And the Kobe fans wonder why people knock on them.

Let's see here. Bill Russell won 11 titles, some as player-coach, and played the greatest defense the game has ever seen.

Larry Bird won three titles as the lead man, against the fiercest competition of the past 3 decades (for the vast majority of his career, Philly, LA, Detroit, Denver and Milwaukee were seen as candidates for the title) and while flirting with nighty triple doubles.

Magic Johnson reinvented the PG position, won five titles and could have been looking at more had HIV not cut his career short and dropped 42 while playing center in the deciding game of the NBA Finals.

Kareem won six titles, five regular season MVP's, averaged a 38-14 in his prime and won a title in Milwaukee of all places.

Go ahead and make your case for Kobe vs. any of those guys.

And I'm not even going into Wilt, Isaiah, Pippen, Tim Duncan, Olajuwon, Oscar Robertson, etc.

Which is why he said "arguably".

--All I said was every dog has his day. Saltiness? Hell no. Its true. Where is Gil at now?
--Threads like these are made by haters cuz y'all even gotta put Kobe's name in the title.
--Kobe stans and Kobe haters = same kinda peeps.

--If someone made a thread about that January night the Raptors ate 81...talks of MJ come out and stuff like that or the thread will be locked.
--Gil had an awesome game. Like I said...EVERY DOG HAS HIS DAY. Otherwise there wouldn't be a thread about it.
--The sad part is its only appreciated just cuz its against the Lakers. Pathetic. Gil shouldve been appreciated for a game like that no matter who the opponent.

--Bored at work FTL.

dude is nice, he was def ON that gm

btw, where can i get a pair of gil zeros? lol

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--All I said was every dog has his day. Saltiness? Hell no. Its true. Where is Gil at now?
--Threads like these are made by haters cuz y'all even gotta put Kobe's name in the title.

--If someone made a thread about that January night the Raptors ate 81...talks of MJ come out and stuff like that or the thread will be locked.
--Gil had an awesome game. Like I said...EVERY DOG HAS HIS DAY. Otherwise there wouldn't be a thread about it.
--The sad part is its only appreciated just cuz its against the Lakers. Pathetic. Gil shouldve been appreciated for a game like that no matter who the opponent.

--Bored at work FTL.
laugh.gif
@ every dog having it's day....u say that like this is Tony Delk dropping 50.  Gil was a bona fide star in this league for a couple of seasons.  Obviously, things have changed drastically, but the point of this thread was to highlight arguable the greatest night in his career.  Kobe was playing him man-to-man in the 4th and in OT, and Gil dropped 31 on on him in that time frame.  Go ahead and be salty....

And who's hating on Kobe?  We ALL know he's GREAT.  At the time, he was one of the premier perimeter defenders in the NBA.....he had his @!# handed to him by Gil, and that was that.  It's blip in the grand scheme of things that involve Kobe, but it's not something that you can forget. 

he was unreal that season...so much fun to watch.

this is easily my favorite gilbert moment tho:

--Bored at work FTL.

laugh.gif
 at you thinking anyone gives a damn about Kobe.  Don't be mad because YOUR boy got POO POO'ed on that night.  Like someone said his fans chose to remember him and one of his greatest moments in his NBA career.  It just so happened to be on YOUR boy. 

Get off your high horse with that "oh because it was against the Lakers, it's only appreciated."  Please.  So you're telling me dropping 60 on the biggest name in the NBA and "supposed" ALL NBA Defender is nothing to be excited about?  Doing it in overtime AT the opponents home while THEIR star player was defending him is nothing to be excited about?  Stop.

Originally Posted by OneTrust

--Bored at work FTL.

laugh.gif
 at you thinking anyone gives a damn about Kobe.  Don't be mad because YOUR boy got POO POO'ed on that night.  Like someone said his fans chose to remember him and one of his greatest moments in his NBA career.  It just so happened to be on YOUR boy. 

Get off your high horse with that "oh because it was against the Lakers, it's only appreciated."  Please.  So you're telling me dropping 60 on the biggest name in the NBA and "supposed" ALL NBA Defender is nothing to be excited about?  Doing it in overtime AT the opponents home while THEIR star player was defending him is nothing to be excited about?  Stop.

laugh.gif
you won't win against the kobe stans. Just enjoy the video and keep it moving.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Shoulda known those type of responses would have been abundant in here...

just look at the title, doublej knew what he was doing

Back
Top Bottom