13 sports cars valued at $2 million impounded after highway race

someday i'll be able to have my GTR be impounded only to have Eva Mendez pick me up in my lambo
frown.gif

this was posted already with a vid too guess a lot of nters didnt see it
dam the things id do for that white gtr and blue gallardo...
frown.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by nocomment6

nice. Although they should've been doing 200 mph not kmh.

What's funny is that only 4 of the cars can reach 200 mph. The 599 and the Lamborghinis
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

The 599 can reach 200? Didn't know that.

Yeah it's a grand tourer but it's also stupid fast... and don't even get me started on the 599 GTO 
sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by scshift

What's funny is that only 4 of the cars can reach 200 mph. The 599 and the Lamborghinis
laugh.gif
I'd say there's a few tuners in there though...

5340417.bin

Originally Posted by CelticsPride34

5340417.bin

Possibly for the GTRs. That picture doesn't show anything though, the Mercedes SL63 looks like that normally (if that was what you were referring to). It was the gold GTR that had me thinking maybe these guys had their cars upgraded.

I doubt they could have sent them over the 200 mile per hour limit though. It costs quite a bit to get the GTR to that speed level, and you'd have to be a perfect driver with excellent road conditions to go that fast.

5340417.bin

Possibly for the GTRs. That picture doesn't show anything though, the Mercedes SL63 looks like that normally (if that was what you were referring to). It was the gold GTR that had me thinking maybe these guys had their cars upgraded.

I doubt they could have sent them over the 200 mile per hour limit though. It costs quite a bit to get the GTR to that speed level, and you'd have to be a perfect driver with excellent road conditions to go that fast.
the carbon fiber hood makes me think other things have been done to it... and the manufacture top speed for the GTR is 195 (as tested by motortrend)... i can't imagine it would take anything more than  larger turbos to get it up to 200... and one of the R8's had tuner stickers on it...

the carbon fiber hood makes me think other things have been done to it... and the manufacture top speed for the GTR is 195 (as tested by motortrend)... i can't imagine it would take anything more than  larger turbos to get it up to 200... and one of the R8's had tuner stickers on it...

Well both Mercedes have the electronic speed limiter at 155 mph so I wasn't taking into account removing that, I honestly have no clue how fast the SL63 could go if it was unlimited. I know the SLS can almost get to 200, not sure about the SL.

As for the GTR, people have said there are cheap ways to get it to 200 but last I checked it required a total performance package from AMS, Hennessey, HKS, those kinds of tuner companies and when I checked they ran around $25,000-$60,000. I mean it's definitely possible, but impossible in this particular situation. No road space, less than perfect roads, it's probably not going to happen. But it was all a joke in the first place
laugh.gif

Well both Mercedes have the electronic speed limiter at 155 mph so I wasn't taking into account removing that, I honestly have no clue how fast the SL63 could go if it was unlimited. I know the SLS can almost get to 200, not sure about the SL.

As for the GTR, people have said there are cheap ways to get it to 200 but last I checked it required a total performance package from AMS, Hennessey, HKS, those kinds of tuner companies and when I checked they ran around $25,000-$60,000. I mean it's definitely possible, but impossible in this particular situation. No road space, less than perfect roads, it's probably not going to happen. But it was all a joke in the first place
laugh.gif

yeah i always assume the limiter is removed... and yeah on a real world road you aren't hitting 200 un less you out in the country somewhere... and really 60g's for 5mph?... WOW...

yeah i always assume the limiter is removed... and yeah on a real world road you aren't hitting 200 un less you out in the country somewhere... and really 60g's for 5mph?... WOW...

Yeah it's a ton of money for what you get, but it's like that in every aspect. The higher/more ridiculous something is, the more impressive it is - so it would cost more. The difference in IQ from 150 to 160 is far greater than the one from 80-90. A 5 mph boost at 195 mph is far harder to achieve than a 5 mph boost at 90 mph. Shaving 0.2 seconds off a car's 0-60 time is harder if it is already 3.0 seconds than if it was 7.0.

In my eyes, it's not worth the money to upgrade. You just can't go that fast, legally or safely. I'd much rather spend the money improving acceleration or handling capabilities.

None of these dudes seen Fast and the Furious? You got 13 supercars and not one decides to smash out. Sheesh....

Yeah they were breaking laws but IMO the cars getting impounded mostly stems from jealousy. I bet you can get 13 soccer moms in minivans to speed along that same route and nobody would really care. Do it high dollar exotics and people complain because they perceive you of living a life > theirs and they get jelly.

Originally Posted by INS

I bet the kid with the 2005 Aston Martin DB9 gets clowned all the time for having an old car
grin.gif
laugh.gif

how can u stop 13 people at once? i would've been gone..

Originally Posted by voodoo

Yeah they were breaking laws but IMO the cars getting impounded mostly stems from jealousy. I bet you can get 13 soccer moms in minivans to speed along that same route and nobody would really care. Do it high dollar exotics and people complain because they perceive you of living a life > theirs and they get jelly.

That's very true. I stated either in this thread or the other one, people will make an example out of you if they dislike you. And trust me, if you're a young Asian racing in an expensive car with other young Asians with expensive cars, people are going to get mad. At the same time though, they can't be mad. They need to have an example made out of them or everyone's going to start thinking it's okay to race.

They got fined like $200 plus the fees for the impound. That's nothing.

Yeah it's a ton of money for what you get, but it's like that in every aspect. The higher/more ridiculous something is, the more impressive it is - so it would cost more. The difference in IQ from 150 to 160 is far greater than the one from 80-90. A 5 mph boost at 195 mph is far harder to achieve than a 5 mph boost at 90 mph. Shaving 0.2 seconds off a car's 0-60 time is harder if it is already 3.0 seconds than if it was 7.0.

In my eyes, it's not worth the money to upgrade. You just can't go that fast, legally or safely. I'd much rather spend the money improving acceleration or handling capabilities.

That's all true... I just kind of assumed that Nissan wouldn't sell the car at 100% peak potential... you know how it is when you reach the limits of technology... it gets sketchy... also I think its funny that all the 1000hp GTRs you see are slower 0-60 than stock... obviously putting that power down isn't easy... just kinda funny to me...

Back
Top Bottom