#14 Oregon at #16 Boise St. BLOUNT'S COLLEGE CAREER = OVER - It's LaMichael James' show now

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Waits for the "Free Legarret Blount" sigs to start showing up
smh.gif

You got a problem?

laugh.gif
I shoulda known...

wink.gif

i hope the BSU player gets 3-4 games. provoking an act is almost as bad as the act itself.

That punishment was way too harsh imo. 3-5 games at most.Inquring minds want to know what did Hout say?

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

i hope the BSU player gets 3-4 games. provoking an act is almost as bad as the act itself.

He's not getting any punishment, according to Boise's coach whos name is escaping me right now.

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Part of my reaction is self-reflection. I, for one, am a person who has acted stupidly many times and find it hard -- and perhaps a bit hypocritical -- to stand in harsh judgment of a college student who threw a punch at someone who was trash talking him.

That doesn't excuse Blount. He deserves punishment. A season-long suspension is just.

A life-long one is not.

Let's not write him off as a terrible person. Let's root for him to grow from this.

Forgiveness is good.

Its funny how ESPN where hyping the game up to be nasty and physical
even quoting the "@$% whoopin" statement and going yessssss its gonna be good.
Then when something really does goes down they turn all royalty and act like football itself isnt a very violent game.
smh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
True

One thing is that the Boise St player's (lack of) suspension is completely independent of Oregon's with Blount, unless the NCAA stepped in, whichwon't happen. Otherwise, the WAC could taken action, but that too is independent from the PAC-10. I don't think you can say Blount's suspension isunfair because the punching bag got nothing.

Part of the reason that Blount could've gotten the full season is due to prior missteps at Oregon. I know it's been reported that he had gotten kickedout of practice, who knows if there was other discipline, he might've had two strikes against him and something this big was just the final straw. Oregongot embarrassed in the game and Blount's actions just made it worse.

These kids are representatives of the university and doing something like that on national TV is a huge no-no. If it happens in a bar, he's probablygetting a game...depending upon any criminal action. On the field of play, he's lucky the police didn't get involved but that's something that youjust don't do when that school has given you the opportunity to play there on a full scholarship and represent them.

It really doesn't matter what BSU's guy said, Blount just overreacted, guy has a past if I'm not mistaken.
Chip Kelly kept running him east - west should have been mad with the play calling, bad blocking, etc.
Boise played a great game could have easily been 38 to 8 or something like that, Kellen Moore is a very
exciting qb to watch especially with the speedy players they have around him.

Boise players are terry cloth. Dude was in there 1 vs 10 and decked ole huckleberryfin right in the jaw. That white dude should just retire from life afterthis, his homies aint doing %*%$ to protect him to lol

Originally Posted by chris boshs neck

Boise players are terry cloth. Dude was in there 1 vs 10 and decked ole huckleberryfin right in the jaw. That white dude should just retire from life after this, his homies aint doing %*%$ to protect him to lol
laugh.gif
... sorry but that was funny. that was pretty flaky though

The guy plays for the state of Washington's toilet, what did yall expect?

Ahh now that I got that out of the way, so when Oregon's quarterback got cheapshotted and concussed was the guy that did that a thug?

Originally Posted by chris boshs neck

Boise players are terry cloth. Dude was in there 1 vs 10 and decked ole huckleberryfin right in the jaw. That white dude should just retire from life after this, his homies aint doing %*%$ to protect him to lol

him and his homeys still playin
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

The guy plays for the state of Washington's toilet, what did yall expect?

That toilet must be backed up because we've been %#!%%$** on that state for years.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Interesting article about Hout and Boise St. fans with some revealing video, especially the fans
smh.gif

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Blount? Good For Oregon. But What About Hout? Or Boise State's hit the player and "F You" mouthing off fans? Boise State Continues A Pattern Of Unaccountability.[/h3] [h4]Posted by Bob Rickert September 06, 2009 06:02AM[/h4]
First, let me say Boise State beat Oregon fair and square on Thursday. Wait, whooped them up good, that's a better way to say it. They were the better team. So don't write back and say anything about the game. Scoreboard says it all.

Now for the issue of this piece. Boise State. Their players and a few unruly fans aren't held accountable for their actions. It's a coaching staff that allows players to do whatever they want. And a few fans who should be ashamed of themselves for their actions.

I'm all for the actions of Chip Kelly, good for him. I'm sad for Blount because of what he's now going to have to rebuild but, that's the consequence of life sometimes. It's sad, but it's real. And for all the complaining that athletes are never held accountable, well, here's one that was sports fans. Oregon holds its players accountable. Boise State doesn't. And their fans are allowed to threaten players with chairs, say "F You", and of course, that's okay in Boise.

At Boise State, cheap shots, slurs against someone's family, punching opposing players and fans saying F You is a.o.k. How do we know? It's proven over the last two years. Proven. Zero actions to control situations. Accountability has been replaced by the words, "No comment."

It all started with? A Boise State player instigating everything. That's right, let's start at the beginning. A cheap shot late hit on Masoli last year got the energy rolling on this whole thing. Not just a cheap shot either, the kind of cheap shot that could've cost Masoli his career.

The end result for that for the Boise State player? 15 yards and nothing else. Nothing from the Boise State staff. Nothing. Apparently, spearing a player in the head with your head and attempting to hurt him means nothing to Boise State. Zero. "Go ahead son, injure him intentionally, we don't care."

And how do we know the coaches there don't care? It continued. In the same game.

A couple quarters later this late hit on Ed Dickson. That time, the referees kicked him out of the game. Good for them. The coaches called it an unfortunate incident. That's two players, no accountability from the team.

Consequences to the Boise State player? None.
Statement that he was wrong by the Boise State player? None.

Now we move ahead to this year. Again, no excuses for Blount. But what did Hout say to him? The Boise State coach began reaching for him as the words left his foul mouth. His grin before Blount wiped it off his face says he knew what he said wasn't appropriate. His classless act only fueled the entire situation.

I talked to my father-in-law yesterday. He's a retired Air Force guy and to say he's seen it all would be minimizing it. He's also an Oregon Stater with no reason to side with the Ducks. He called it right. "He's a bully," he said, "Guy's gotten away with saying stuff his whole life probably." Yep.

Hout is the kind who cowardly throws something then looks sheepishly around to see who did it in class, then let's someone else take the blame. I said it, cowardly. He intentionally went over to Blount to say it. Made a point of it. He planned it. It didn't just happen. He thought being a smart@$# is okay.

Hout didn't walk away and he could have. And Boise State isn't telling anyone what was said. But others are. The most circulated and not denied by those inside the Boise State program is that Hout asked Blount how his dead family member was doing. The one he buried just a few weeks ago. Asking how someone's recently dead family member is. Very classy Boise State. Well done.

The second rumor not denied by Boise State's program is that Hout dropped the N bomb. Did he? I don't know. They won't say because Hout doesn't have to be accountable for his actions. Nobody does in Boise. He's above it all. The actions of Boise State say so. Hout has been awfully quiet since he mouthed off hasn't he? No comment. Ironic that for a guy with that much to say. Now he's suddenly mute. The truth would be good here. What provoked it? Last year it was two physical cheap shots. This year, it was a verbal cheap shot. Did he call him that? "Hey N...."

Come clean Boise State. Reveal what was said or it's fair game to take the word of others who were standing nearby. Of course they don't want us to know what he said. Why would they? Then he's....accountable. Maybe it's really bad. Just maybe. And if it isn't, why not just say it and come clean.

The fans: 99.9% terrific. The others? Unaccountable.
I said earlier that the fans around me were great. And they were. A lot of fun, incredibly knowledgeable. I mean, terrific. But there are always a few clowns who have to act like idiots.

At Boise State it was these guys who went at Blount, yelled "F You", raised a chair to threaten to hit him, and of course are? Unaccountable.
These few fans should be banned from attending NCAA games forever for their actions. Watch these guys and weep for your reputation Boise State fan.

Consequences for Hout's classless act? None (Running the stairs? C'mon.)
Consequences for fans hitting, threatening and abusing Blount? None.
Accountability for your own actions for the last two years at Boise State? None.

Sticks and stones...true. Hout should've kept his ugly mouth shut. Blount should've walked away. Boise State fans should've acted with a whole lot more class and kept their dignity. And Boise State's leadership needs to get a handle on the emotions of their own players and fans. Late hit, late hit, late cheap verbal cheap shot, cheap shot by the fans as Blount lef the field. That's a pattern of behavior.

Cheap shots. Two years in a row. There's a clear pattern of behavior here for the past two years. Again. Boise State fans? Especially those near me at the game this last week. Really great. The group I was with coudn't believe how great everyone was.

But then there's the gutless fan near the tunnel. It's gutless to say 'F you' behind a wall to a player. He was gutless to carry a chair toward Blount. It's a football game Boise State fan. His macho attitude probably wouldn't have carried over had he made it on to the field. Easy to have bravado until you're standing in front of Blount. Easy to take pot shots from the sidelines.

But why not yell profanities, drop the N bomb and act like idiots. Hout's the big role model right? nothing happens to him. We're Boise State, we don't get the respect we deserve. On the football field you're right. Off of it and with the way the program is unaccountable, they get the exact respect they deserve, very little.

The Boise State staff says Hout will be dealt with internally. Internally? That's a joke. Just like the idea of being accountable for your actions.Blount should've walked away. But Hout and the Boise State fans need to be held accountable as well. Wait, I'm sorry, it's Boise State. Where accountability isn't in the vocabulary.

On a side note I'd like to say that despite all this insanity. I had a great time in Boise. The people at Hotel 43 were incredibly gracious. I got to spend a little time with Charlie Carmichael's dad yesterday morning. A great guy. Lots of nice people all over Boise. A shout out to the Bitter Creek Ale House and the reuben sandwich there. Rick and I stopped in and had one before running into some people at the team hotel and then going back there later. Well done Bitter Creek.

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Interesting article about Hout and Boise St. fans with some revealing video, especially the fans
smh.gif

[h3][/h3]
[h3] Blount? Good For Oregon. But What About Hout? Or Boise State's hit the player and "F You" mouthing off fans? Boise State Continues A Pattern Of Unaccountability.[/h3] [h4] Posted by Bob RickertSeptember 06, 2009 06:02AM[/h4]
First, let me say Boise State beat Oregon fair and square on Thursday. Wait, whooped them up good, that's a better way to say it. They were the better team. So don't write back and say anything about the game. Scoreboard says it all.

Now for the issue of this piece. Boise State. Their players and a few unruly fans aren't held accountable for their actions. It's a coaching staff that allows players to do whatever they want. And a few fans who should be ashamed of themselves for their actions.

I'm all for the actions of Chip Kelly, good for him. I'm sad for Blount because of what he's now going to have to rebuild but, that's the consequence of life sometimes. It's sad, but it's real. And for all the complaining that athletes are never held accountable, well, here's one that was sports fans. Oregon holds its players accountable. Boise State doesn't. And their fans are allowed to threaten players with chairs, say "F You", and of course, that's okay in Boise.

At Boise State, cheap shots, slurs against someone's family, punching opposing players and fans saying F You is a.o.k. How do we know? It's proven over the last two years. Proven. Zero actions to control situations. Accountability has been replaced by the words, "No comment."

It all started with? A Boise State player instigating everything. That's right, let's start at the beginning. A cheap shot late hit on Masoli last year got the energy rolling on this whole thing. Not just a cheap shot either, the kind of cheap shot that could've cost Masoli his career.

The end result for that for the Boise State player? 15 yards and nothing else. Nothing from the Boise State staff. Nothing. Apparently, spearing a player in the head with your head and attempting to hurt him means nothing to Boise State. Zero. "Go ahead son, injure him intentionally, we don't care."

And how do we know the coaches there don't care? It continued. In the same game.

A couple quarters later this late hit on Ed Dickson. That time, the referees kicked him out of the game. Good for them. The coaches called it an unfortunate incident. That's two players, no accountability from the team.

Consequences to the Boise State player? None.
Statement that he was wrong by the Boise State player? None.

Now we move ahead to this year. Again, no excuses for Blount. But what did Hout say to him? The Boise State coach began reaching for him as the words left his foul mouth. His grin before Blount wiped it off his face says he knew what he said wasn't appropriate. His classless act only fueled the entire situation.

I talked to my father-in-law yesterday. He's a retired Air Force guy and to say he's seen it all would be minimizing it. He's also an Oregon Stater with no reason to side with the Ducks. He called it right. "He's a bully," he said, "Guy's gotten away with saying stuff his whole life probably." Yep.

Hout is the kind who cowardly throws something then looks sheepishly around to see who did it in class, then let's someone else take the blame. I said it, cowardly. He intentionally went over to Blount to say it. Made a point of it. He planned it. It didn't just happen. He thought being a smart@$# is okay.

Hout didn't walk away and he could have. And Boise State isn't telling anyone what was said. But others are. The most circulated and not denied by those inside the Boise State program is that Hout asked Blount how his dead family member was doing. The one he buried just a few weeks ago. Asking how someone's recently dead family member is. Very classy Boise State. Well done.

The second rumor not denied by Boise State's program is that Hout dropped the N bomb. Did he? I don't know. They won't say because Hout doesn't have to be accountable for his actions. Nobody does in Boise. He's above it all. The actions of Boise State say so. Hout has been awfully quiet since he mouthed off hasn't he? No comment. Ironic that for a guy with that much to say. Now he's suddenly mute. The truth would be good here. What provoked it? Last year it was two physical cheap shots. This year, it was a verbal cheap shot. Did he call him that? "Hey N...."

Come clean Boise State. Reveal what was said or it's fair game to take the word of others who were standing nearby. Of course they don't want us to know what he said. Why would they? Then he's....accountable. Maybe it's really bad. Just maybe. And if it isn't, why not just say it and come clean.

The fans: 99.9% terrific. The others? Unaccountable.
I said earlier that the fans around me were great. And they were. A lot of fun, incredibly knowledgeable. I mean, terrific. But there are always a few clowns who have to act like idiots.

At Boise State it was these guys who went at Blount, yelled "F You", raised a chair to threaten to hit him, and of course are? Unaccountable.
These few fans should be banned from attending NCAA games forever for their actions. Watch these guys and weep for your reputation Boise State fan.

Consequences for Hout's classless act? None (Running the stairs? C'mon.)
Consequences for fans hitting, threatening and abusing Blount? None.
Accountability for your own actions for the last two years at Boise State? None.

Sticks and stones...true. Hout should've kept his ugly mouth shut. Blount should've walked away. Boise State fans should've acted with a whole lot more class and kept their dignity. And Boise State's leadership needs to get a handle on the emotions of their own players and fans. Late hit, late hit, late cheap verbal cheap shot, cheap shot by the fans as Blount lef the field. That's a pattern of behavior.

Cheap shots. Two years in a row. There's a clear pattern of behavior here for the past two years. Again. Boise State fans? Especially those near me at the game this last week. Really great. The group I was with coudn't believe how great everyone was.

But then there's the gutless fan near the tunnel. It's gutless to say 'F you' behind a wall to a player. He was gutless to carry a chair toward Blount. It's a football game Boise State fan. His macho attitude probably wouldn't have carried over had he made it on to the field. Easy to have bravado until you're standing in front of Blount. Easy to take pot shots from the sidelines.

But why not yell profanities, drop the N bomb and act like idiots. Hout's the big role model right? nothing happens to him. We're Boise State, we don't get the respect we deserve. On the football field you're right. Off of it and with the way the program is unaccountable, they get the exact respect they deserve, very little.

The Boise State staff says Hout will be dealt with internally. Internally? That's a joke. Just like the idea of being accountable for your actions.Blount should've walked away. But Hout and the Boise State fans need to be held accountable as well. Wait, I'm sorry, it's Boise State. Where accountability isn't in the vocabulary.

On a side note I'd like to say that despite all this insanity. I had a great time in Boise. The people at Hotel 43 were incredibly gracious. I got to spend a little time with Charlie Carmichael's dad yesterday morning. A great guy. Lots of nice people all over Boise. A shout out to the Bitter Creek Ale House and the reuben sandwich there. Rick and I stopped in and had one before running into some people at the team hotel and then going back there later. Well done Bitter Creek.

If Hout really DID say "Hey N_, how's your (recently) dead family member doing?!", I think it's safe to say almost every dude on here wouldhave punched that little +$!*%.

WOW. Just WOW...
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
smh.gif
...If he honestly REALLY did say that after tapping his shoulder pads, after a highly emotional football game, I can't blame Blount @ ALL fordropping him. *shrugs*

All of Blount's other actions were ridiculous and completely uncalled for though...

eek.gif
the Vid def shows the fans were wayoutta line and outta control. Great post. U know, I woulda wanted to whup dude $@* too.

Boise State is looking bad for not handling this situation properly. Those fans that further instigated the situation should be banned from future Broncogames. Hout should have been suspended. That's what happens when you're located in a small city where the university is above everyone.

Back
Top Bottom