14 years later, what is Ed O'Bannon up to?

Originally Posted by marath0n

charles > ed

Lies.

Another thing I noticed, it says he is 'two semesters shy of his college degree'. Son was a 5th senior
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

No hindsight but seriously what was NJ thinkin takin this cat at #9 with his knee problem? What a draft run by the Nets though, from 1992-1999 these were the First Round draft picks they chose:

Rex Walters
Yinka Dare
Ed O'Bannon
Kerry Kittles
Anthony Peeler
Tim Thomas

Seriously though I would have guessed Ed ended up hangin on at least 6-7 years, dang
Anthony Peeler was drafted by the lakers in 1992 I believe
I see your New Jersey Nets, and I raise you LA Clippers draft lottery history.......olowokandi, kimble, piatkowski, dehere, lorenzen wright, motaylor.......etc etc etc

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

No hindsight but seriously what was NJ thinkin takin this cat at #9 with his knee problem? What a draft run by the Nets though, from 1992-1999 these were the First Round draft picks they chose:

Rex Walters
Yinka Dare
Ed O'Bannon
Kerry Kittles
Anthony Peeler
Tim Thomas

Seriously though I would have guessed Ed ended up hangin on at least 6-7 years, dang
i dont think Kerry Kittles was that bad of a pick ...he put up numbers his first couple seasons. dude just caught a couple bad injuries

as far as Ed O'Bannon

well at least he didnt fall off Isiah Rider style

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Last time I remember was him gettin shot, He wason the pipe bad.

when I googld his name this came up
Former NBA player Lloyd Daniels charged with burglary (phillyBurbs ...
May 25, 2007 ... FREEHOLD, NJ - Former NBA player Lloyd Daniels was charged with burglary

but the link to the article is dead

the cached article is here:

Home / New Jersey News
[h1]Former NBA player Lloyd Daniels charged with burglary[/h1]
The Associated Press

FREEHOLD, N.J. - Former NBA player Lloyd Daniels was charged with burglary early Friday after his girlfriend told police she found himsitting on a couch in her condominium, drinking a beer.

Daniels, 39, was involved in an argument at thegirlfriend's home in Freehold, but did not attempt to steal any of her belongings, Lt. Mark Wodell told the Asbury Park Press of Neptune for a story postedon its Web site.

He was taken to the Monmouth County Jail, and bail was set at $50,000. It was not immediately clear if he had retained alawyer.

Daniels, who lives in nearby Colts Neck, played in 200games and averaged 7.1 points and 2.2 rebounds per game during his five-year career. Known as "Sweet Pea," he played with the New Jersey Nets, LosAngeles Lakers, San Antonio Spurs and the Toronto Raptors.

i think he's involved in AAU/coaching as of early last year.
[h2]Tuesday, February 12, 2008[/h2]http://[h3]Coaches Corner Feat.Lloyd Daniels (LD Rebels)[/h3]
We at Basketball Spotlight understand the rigorous life of an AAU basketball coach. Most of their efforts go without instant rewards therefore wedecided to give them their own venue to talk about their programs and other issues. Welcome to the Coaches Corner!

BS: Lloyd you've had your program for years what's new going on inthe LD Rebels Camp.
LD: Well Mike I decided to young so I have a 10U and 11U squad as well as my high school team.

BS: What made you decide to go young?
LD: Well it's time for me to coach my son little Lloyd and I feel that theyoungsters really need work on their fundamentals.

BS: What are some of the events that you guys are going to this season?
LD: Well my young guys are just going to stay local while I put more emphasis into my high school players because it's scholarship time for thoseguys.

BS: So I hear that you might be coaching that talented 7th Grade bunch for the JS Fliers?
LD: Well nothing is confirmed yet I was contacted by their people and we just have to sit down and work some things out.

BS: So how good is Little "Lloyd"?
LD: I think he has bright future but like any other player I was always stress to him that he has to work very hard. Working hard is the only way to getbetter.

BS: Good Luck this season!
LD: Thanks Mike!

i still remember that tyus edney game winner

but yea Ed's probably got a decent lifestyle but i doubt he has hardly any ball money left

good read tho.. preciate it

He don't even look similar at all. His game probably came about 10 years too early- nowadays, he could find a spot in the A.

peeler wasnt drafted by the nets and dont be hating on him. dude was my favorite laker back in the day.

For guy that size i wonder why can't he just enlist in the military and earn easy money. I guess most athlete are lazy

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

For guy that size i wonder why can't he just enlist in the military and earn easy money. I guess most athlete are lazy
laugh.gif
what in the %*%! do u be talkin about?

roll.gif
dyyhard wrote:

FREEHOLD, N.J. - Former NBA player Lloyd Daniels was charged with burglary early Friday after his girlfriend told police she found him sitting on a couch in her condominium, drinking a beer.

roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif

peeler wasnt drafted by the nets and dont be hating on him. dude was my favorite laker back in the day.
You're right, it was supposed to be Anthony PARKER. Not Peeler. Two days after the draft he was traded to Philly.

That is not a good draft run for NJ those years either way.

Yooo remember Charles Obannon was in Love and Basketball
laugh.gif
when that #++!$ Q got busted with both broads, and him and white dude was crackin up while playinDouble Dribble
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TeeOh Owens

L.

He may have took an L in the league but he didnt in life, not like he's aint stealin cars or hittin the pipe word to J.R. Rider.

I met this guy on a plane trip to Southern California when I was 12. Dude was tall and my dad was shaking hands with him and talking to him for a minute. Crazystuff...I was hoping he would pan out and play well in the NBA but that didn't happen.

Still remember Charles flirting with us here at UK. Knew he would end up playing with his brother.

Is Lloyd dead? I remember he got shot a few times under the trussel on 190th n woodhull a ways back. Dude was a certified crackhead.
Last time I seen Lloyd was at a basketball camp that I was working as a counselor. He was aguest speaker, dude could still shoot the lights out. He gave some of the best advice I have ever heard. He was like "master the 12-15 footer andyou'll write your own ticket". He was saying that dudes either want to jack 3's or drive to the rack but the 15 footer from the elbow and foulline extended is the money shot.

Sweet pea Lhat

EWD, did u get to see him hoop? does he still stay mad low and dribbled hunched over?

Back
Top Bottom