Official Nike Air Ship | Solo Releases ‘22/‘23

Black and red are fire to me too but I can agree that the midsole swap on the NB pair is a much better look.

Nike is smart, the air ships were typically a shoe that up until now would have sat, and let's face it if it wasn't for the MJ banned thing or story coming to the surface air ships would have sat. after all Nike lied to the masses for years about what shoe was really banned.. even in 85 they lied and promoted the AJ 1 as the banned shoe. they know without the MJ story behind them they would sit under today's circumstances so of course, they are going to limit and build the market for a shoe that would normally sit. after all, if we got only colorways that were not associated with MJ they would not sell very well.

1596668891947.png

1596668910996.png

Nike is smart, the air ships were typically a shoe that up until now would have sat, and let's face it if it wasn't for the MJ banned thing or story coming to the surface air ships would have sat. after all Nike lied to the masses for years about what shoe was really banned.. even in 85 they lied and promoted the AJ 1 as the banned shoe. they know without the MJ story behind them they would sit under today's circumstances so of course, they are going to limit and build the market for a shoe that would normally sit. after all, if we got only colorways that were not associated with MJ they would not sell very well.
I'm not sure I understand. Build the market for what? Do you think they're going to introduce more Ships in other colorways?

If so, then yeah this strategy makes sense. But if it's just this actual Banned Ship and it's only available at one boutique in Italy, then what the heck is the point?

The only two Ship models that to my knowledge has any relevance is the White Red and Black Red that Jordan actually wore. For Nike to make them super limited to potentially gain a following for other GR colors to come out makes zero sense.
The best way to gauge the interest is to start with an actual PE in large amounts. If people want the Ship, its mostly because it has something to do with that Micheal Jordan guy. Not because of its evolutionary design.

I think the ships are dope(both color ways)...the Nike air on the sole of the black pair is so fire imo

Back
Top Bottom