Official Nike Air Ship | Solo Releases ‘22/‘23

End of the day, I care mainly about 1s still

once they replicate the OG, what’s left? Seriously

Great question. But this thinking is exactly why they dont give us that.

Yep, and unlike most other Air Jordan retros, you could buy pairs of Chis and store them for decades and they would still be wearable. During this time period, it would be unlikely they would be able to sell you a Chi retro because you would already be good given your DS pairs are exact replicas of the OGs.

It’s really in Nike/JBs best financial interest to not release an exact, 1:1 OG replica retro of any Air Jordan 1 tbh.

Great question. But this thinking is exactly why they dont give us that.
Well with what I’m seeing, it’s close enough that I don’t need to stick around once they release the main color ways (if they do)

I plan to stop buying 1s after the 85 chi and breds come out as rumored. then would only be waiting for some remastered OG lows.

Yep, and unlike most other Air Jordan retros, you could buy pairs of Chis and store them for decades and they would still be wearable. During this time period, it would be unlikely they would be able to sell you a Chi retro because you would already be good given your DS pairs are exact replicas of the OGs.

It’s really in Nike/JBs best financial interest to not release an exact, 1:1 OG replica retro of any Air Jordan 1 tbh.
If nike placates to a thousand collectors theyre doing it wrong. There are billions of people in this world. Release the things as theyre supposed to be. Always. There will always be someone who missed out last time. There would be no need to store anything if we could count on a cyclical rerelease.

Why the hell would Jordan Brand make a new OG '85 Jordan 1 like the original but make it with cheap, plastic like leather. At least make them as soft and buttery as the 2015 Chicago's.
From what I hear they made the Air Ships with some pretty good leather. Why not the 1's? Seems like another missed opportunity from JB.

If nike placates to a thousand collectors theyre doing it wrong. There are billions of people in this world. Release the things as theyre supposed to be. Always. There will always be someone who missed out last time. There would be no need to store anything if we could count on a cyclical rerelease.

Because, like it or not, collectors and hypebeasts drive demand and interest. They’re basically the most powerful form of marketing Nike has for retros.

Look at the React Element 87, when they were hyped last year by collectors and hypebeasts, they flooded sneaker YouTube and Instagram and were flying off shelves/reselling for quite a bit. Now, they’re rotting on shelves and hitting outlets-interest in the model has simply subsided. This is great for people who enjoy the model as they can buy for cheap but it also means Nike is less likely to release as many cws of the model since interest wasn’t able to be scaled. I think, to this point, Nike/JB don’t flood the market with AJ 11s-they sell a massive amount at once during the holidays but aren’t pushing out nonsense cws during the rest of the year. With the AJ 1, the strategy is quite different, obviously.

0B676B05-0835-4C2E-88F9-19BE708D99D9.jpeg

:pimp:

Make bred, Royal, Chicago, and black toe and I’m done for good

And the metallic series as well. I'll be done for life.

Rather have "plastic" leather than tumbled or soft leather that doesnt keep its shape.

Why the hell would Jordan Brand make a new OG '85 Jordan 1 like the original but make it with cheap, plastic like leather. At least make them as soft and buttery as the 2015 Chicago's.
From what I hear they made the Air Ships with some pretty good leather. Why not the 1's? Seems like another missed opportunity from JB.
Maybe the OGs weren’t super soft leather?

not everything was thin, soft leather like it is now

jb will never use real leather again. even tho the chi 15s were nice, I'm certain its not full grain. it's always some composite or processed leather.

Back
Top Bottom