----------------------1990's/2000's No Limit Records Appreciation Post-------------

hahahahahahaha, that's funny

That album was cool but not even top 5 for me. I remember buying that joint. "Slangin" is my joint, Walk Like a G and Who Got That Fire? **** was hard but it ain't up there for me.

hahahahahahaha, that's funny

That album was cool but not even top 5 for me. I remember buying that joint. "Slangin" is my joint, Walk Like a G and Who Got That Fire? **** was hard but it ain't up there for me.

I agree. Solid album in the NL catalog, but not top 5 for me. Maybe top 10.

504 Boyz "Goodfellas" was one of the few realeases of theirs after 1999 that I thought was pretty solid.

It has one of my favorite NL tracks of all time - "Souljas". Also Wobble Wobble, I Can Tell and Big Toys.

:pimp:

My favorite NL album is Balls and my Word.

I like that one too...favorites from it:

The Day They Make Me Boss
How Ya Do Dat
Bring the Noise

That album always seemed like a weird release for NL to me. He wasn't ever featured on other NL albums. It only had 14 tracks, very rare for a NL release.

I'm not even sure he was signed to NL. It may have just been a distribution deal between Young Bleed and NL for that album.

Damn you right I had to google that and just saw an interview he did in 2013 saying he never signed, just a distro deal. I don't why it just hit me now that the cover is just like all the other concentration camp albums. **** still my favorite nolimit "affiliated" album. :lol:

Most albums were essentially compilation albums with a featured artist which is why you had these unknown acts going gold and plat. Different times back then with sales obviously but still impressive none the less.

Young bleed had a very cool rap voice. Never knew about that distribution deal thing. Don't even fully understand how that works now. There were so many role players on the tank smh but like dude said, the rest of the team was there as well. First question asked after every release "how many songs is mystikal on". That was like kd going to the Warriors smh. Too much domination.

I still remember buying Ghetto D the first day of school 9th grade, 9-2-97.
Still not thrilled about the first track spelling out instructions on how to cook crack. I know it's "just entertainment" (not really) but come on. Overall that album was hard though.

Miss my homies
Captain Kirk
Make em say ugh
Pass me the green
Bourbons n lacs

Were all my favorites.

Young Bleed had How Ya Do Dat popping in CA and Master P wanted in basically. Signed him to whatever deal and that's what happened. Jumped on it. Didn't Young Bleed get in some legal troubles a year or two later?

I've never heard that Mean Green album.

Young Bleed had How Ya Do Dat popping in CA and Master P wanted in basically. Signed him to whatever deal and that's what happened. Jumped on it. Didn't Young Bleed get in some legal troubles a year or two later?

I've never heard that Mean Green album.

Yep. P definitely jumped on Bleed's How Ya Do Dat once it was already poppin. Part of their deal together had to include P being able to put it on the I'm Bout It Soundtrack.

Surprised u don't remember the Mean Green project. It was in the CD booklet of every No Limit release for like 2 years before it dropped. Me and my boys were buggin once it had a release date. My one boy copped it, we smoked and bumped it driving around all night. It sucked. One or two ok cuts, that's it.

Damn you right I had to google that and just saw an interview he did in 2013 saying he never signed, just a distro deal. I don't why it just hit me now that the cover is just like all the other concentration camp albums. **** still my favorite nolimit "affiliated" album. :lol:

Damn, I almost forgot about "Playas From the South". Another classic. That beat is so cold. I had that Down South Hustlers double disc CD. "Bounce That ***" is another good one from that

NL started going down hill as Cash Money continued to have momentum. NL's quality started to dip badly. I actually liked Da Last Don, still had that same NL feel that previous albums had, just overblown cause it was a double cd. 99 was a mess outside of Snoop and Mr. Serv-on. I was pretty much 100% rocking with Cash Money at that point. Wasn't trying to hear a Lil Italy, Samm, or Afficial.

Whoa, cats ****ting on Da Last Don? That album was crazy. Too many songs though, should have been one disc but still.

99 was when Beats by the Pound left and P thought he was gonna be in the NBA. It's a damn shame too because it's P's fault. If he kept them and focused on music still, he would have had another few years.

I finally heard Lil Italy's album last year. It was actually cool. He had a few joints on there. Mercedes album was cool too. She should have been bigger if he put money into her.

Agree Da Last Don was not of the quality that Ghetto D was, but was still a solid album. Condensed to one disc, it would've been a great album.

Da Last Don
Soldiers, Riders, & G's
Ride
Let My 9 Get Em
More 2 Life
Lets Get Em
Eternity (best track on the album)

Life or Death is my favorite NL album. One of my all time favorite albums period.

It's crazy how that album was 24 actual songs and still under 80 minutes. That was one of many things I liked about No Limit. They gave you a ton of tons on every album and Beats By The Pound were really good producers, so you were fortunate enough to have a lot of songs that sounded good as well. You were getting your money's worth with a lot of NL albums.

Goat album covers

xstfg6hjcaotonlm5pzu.jpg

It's crazy that P wanted to kill Pimp C after this diss I believe. P supposedly had some goons pistol whip him and then was gonna have him offed but called J Prince first who told him not to kill C.

Even crazier is that they eventually squashed the beef. Too bad Pimp died cause it sounded like he wanted to work with P again shortly before he passed.

Pimp C's mom disrespected P. Then C found out and was on stage screaming F NL and **** like that. Supposedly it was Boz and P, maybe C Murder too. I can't remember all the details. J Prince said he had to let him go and then that was it for a while. They were cool like his last year alive or so. Too bad, we should have had way more UGK and NL music. They were perfect together.

Agree Da Last Don was not of the quality that Ghetto D was, but was still a solid album. Condensed to one disc, it would've been a great album.

Da Last Don
Soldiers, Riders, & G's
Ride
Let My 9 Get Em
More 2 Life
Lets Get Em
Eternity (best track on the album)

Very dangerous song to play on the freeway at night
whew.png

Pimp C's mom disrespected P. Then C found out and was on stage screaming F NL and **** like that. Supposedly it was Boz and P, maybe C Murder too. I can't remember all the details. J Prince said he had to let him go and then that was it for a while. They were cool like his last year alive or so. Too bad, we should have had way more UGK and NL music. They were perfect together.
Facts, some of my fav NL tracks are "break em off somethin" "akickdoe" and "playaz from the south"

Soldiers, Riders and G's gets me hype when I'm on my bike.

Da Last Don Intro is hard as ****

I haven't seen Da Last Don movie in years. I gotta see if it's on YouTube.

Back
Top Bottom