1991 ECF Revisited vol. Bad Boys Were Classless

I just watched the ending of the '91 ECF when Jordan and the Bulls finally got past the Pistons. Them Bad Boys had no class at all. Pulling some RandyMoss type attitudes in the end leaving the bench early after getting ran off their home court. I mean, did they not have any sort of respect for the NBA? Iknow it's a known fact they despised Jordan and the Bulls but this was still during the time when Bird/Magic era was coming to an end and Stern was lookingto make MJ the face of the league. I reckon if this happened today Stern would have a fit for this shenanigan tarnishing the image of the NBA and it'ssportsmanship.

1991 NBA Eastern Conference Finals

Somebody please help with the embed
tired.gif

If players cared HALF as much as the Pistons did about winning, the NBA would be such a better product in todays day and age. I would kill to go back to thedays when players weren't all buddy-buddy, laughing on the bench during blowouts, and actually got angry when they lost. Today the product is just sowatered down.

They were scum. Joe Dumars and John Salley were the only ones who showed class and shook their hands. I hate all the buddy buddy crap too but that was a !**$%move.

I still hate the Pistons to this day. I'm glad the Bulls beat their %!%@$ back then and the Cavs beat their %!%@$ now. Punks.

Originally Posted by swizzc

If players cared HALF as much as the Pistons did about winning, the NBA would be such a better product in todays day and age. I would kill to go back to the days when players weren't all buddy-buddy, laughing on the bench during blowouts, and actually got angry when they lost. Today the product is just so watered down.

QFMFT

Originally Posted by JDB1523

I still hate the Pistons to this day. I'm glad the Bulls beat their %!%@$ back then and the Cavs beat their %!%@$ now. Punks.
hater.

and i have a sneaking suspicion that JDB1523 and JD617 are the same person

Originally Posted by JJ1223

hater.

Umm... based on what? The fact that we both have JD in our screennames? Get this guy an NT detective badge. You got us.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by JJ1223

hater.

Umm... based on what? The fact that we both have JD in our screennames? Get this guy an NT detective badge. You got us.
roll.gif
that and you posted similar things one minute after eachother, both typed out properly

They were scum. Joe Dumars and John Salley were the only ones who showed class and shook their hands. I hate all the buddy buddy crap too but that was a !**$% move.

If this didn't happen against the Bulls and NT's golden boy Jordan, nobody would care and this thread would never exist. In the 1980s and early'90s, NBA players HATED each other. Those guys cared so much about winning and were so competitive, it now comes off as being arrogant poor sports, butit's just how we view things in our dumbed-down, PC-loving, everyone's-a-winner society we live in today. There are no rivalries in the NBA anymore.There's one-upmanship, but that is not the same.

Man why yall complaining. imo sportsmanship is garbage. you there to hoop, not to give high fives to the dude that trashed you.

makes dudes more angry and hyped to play next time

JD617 likes the Celtics, I like the Cavs. I HATE Leon Powe, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Kedrick Perkins, Glen Davis and Rajon Rondo. He doesn't. He seemslike a knowledgeable sports fan...excuse us for using proper English.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

If this didn't happen against the Bulls and NT's golden boy Jordan, nobody would care and this thread would never exist. In the 1980s and early '90s, NBA players HATED each other. Those guys cared so much about winning and were so competitive, it now comes off as being arrogant poor sports, but it's just how we view things in our dumbed-down, PC-loving, everyone's-a-winner society we live in today. There are no rivalries in the NBA anymore. There's one-upmanship, but that is not the same.

then explain why did the Pistons congratulate the Celtics and Lakers squad when they get eliminated?

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

If this didn't happen against the Bulls and NT's golden boy Jordan, nobody would care and this thread would never exist. In the 1980s and early '90s, NBA players HATED each other. Those guys cared so much about winning and were so competitive, it now comes off as being arrogant poor sports, but it's just how we view things in our dumbed-down, PC-loving, everyone's-a-winner society we live in today. There are no rivalries in the NBA anymore. There's one-upmanship, but that is not the same.

then explain why did the Pistons congratulate the Celtics and Lakers squad when they get eliminated?
All hatred is not created equal. There are varying degrees.

They were scum. Joe Dumars and John Salley were the only ones who showed class and shook their hands. I hate all the buddy buddy crap too but that was a !**$% move.

Couldnt have said it better

Personally though, i think MJ preferred this type of response

the pistons dynasty only started because of injuries anyways so its fitting those frauds stormed off the court. if 2 of the 3 best players didn't getinjured on the team they beat in 1989 theres no way they win the 1989 championship.

JD617 likes the Celtics, I like the Cavs. I HATE Leon Powe, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Kedrick Perkins, Glen Davis and Rajon Rondo. He doesn't. He seems like a knowledgeable sports fan...excuse us for using proper English.
your forgiven
now dont let me catch you doing it again

Punks ****! Ring Check.

Back
Top Bottom