1999 Black Cement IV Wearable?( PICS ADDED)

Here the scoop.. I bought these from a guy who hasn't worn them in 5 years because he outgrew them. They were worn casually over the first 3 years. There is no signs of cracking and there is no fogging in the air chamber. I would rate them 9 out of 10. They were stored in a cool, dry dark place and they were obvisously taken care of. So with that being said, has anyone got any feedback or experiences they would like to share? I dropped $300+ on these grails plan on wearing them. I pretty much would like to hear from people how long and how often they wore them before they fell apart and noticed cracking. Thank you in advance...

Here is the area of concern. There is a tiny separation from the seude and the midsole....
67oadc3.jpg

680t36o.jpg

Here's pics of the air chamber...
660uwic.jpg

63cqxow.jpg

4u3fcpu.jpg

I'd say they are fine to wear if they were broken in before, but walk lightly around your house in them first because they haven't been worn in such a long time

Quote:
I'd say they are fine to wear if they were broken in before

Exactly.
I bought mine used off of ebay in VNDS condition and I have been wearing them everyday for the past 2 years as my everyday shoe. I've even balled in them a couple of times without any problems at all.
However, every shoe is different. I think you also need to consider the occasion for the wear, the weather condition that you are in and also the environment.

Thanks and gig'em.

post pics of the midsole and air unit and maybe we can give a better answer...
(|TEAM JAYS|)
A.J. Burnett--Roy Halladay--Troy Glaus--Aaron Hill--Lyle Overbay--Alex Rios--Vernon Wells--Frank Thomas​

^^^ Thanks, I was wondering if the silica would dry them out even more making the midsoles more brittle... Good looks

my friend was joking about using moisturizing lotion on the midsoles to allow for water absorption, but i'ver never been brave enough to try it lol. if you see it cracking and there is no alternative, try it and let me know!

^^^ I only use moisturizing lotion for one thing and it aint for midsoles... But if i try it ill let you know.

i would definitely put some leather conditioner on them to get them from cracking etc but id glue that area of separation with some glue or something so it doesnt split mroe. but i def think some leather cleaner or conditioner would be a good idea (IMO)
FS JORDAN XI CONCORDS (SERIOUS HEAT) and ADIDAS A3 Structure Basketball Shoes! Check it out!! Size 10.

Preordered and ordered some Js from Kaysshoes.com and I used code 116 to recieve $5.50 OFF my purchase!
Use that coupon code to save too, also cant beat the free shipping!

Back
Top Bottom