:pimp:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Team Philippines
Member No.58

^ I'm proud that he got in but seeing his stats doesn't really impressed me. If you can't average 30pts in P.I. as a rookie then I doubt you can even make an impact in a Division 1 NCAA.

RP Team nga ay nahirapan manalo sa mga collegiate teams e.

Anyways, props to him but I'm not keeping my hopes too high.
2K4 Laser Kobe sz 9.5 VNDS (tried on); SBs - ALL 9.5 DS, Band-aids, Vapors, Rip City 2K5 sz 10 DS
dOubleO @ gmail . com (just remove the spaces)

first thing they need to do is put some meat on that boy. otherwise he's not going to get anywhere.
loved by few. hated by many. respected by all.

Good for him. Did not see him as a "quality" player when he was playing locally though. All I saw were a few dunks and blocks against smaller opponents. Nothing really outstanding. Must have improved alot.

[size=+2]

sapatos yan, hindi trophy
[size=+1](Team Back Spasms)[/size]

[/size]

yup.i agree with xxx doubleO xxx's last comment. i mean, what the heck? 5 points 5 rebounds in college,in PI? crazy.
Tagalog
Member No.1​

iba pagmatangkad at tumatangkad pa as we speak.

good luck to him, sana gumaling sya ng todo with his stint there.

Sellin DS:
Original Jordan Trunner (white/red/black) Sizes 9,10
XX 3/4 Sizes 9,10
XX (first colorway) Size 10
Philippine buyer only PM me

im always proud when i see a fellow pinoy doing it big
Filipino Forces, sz 9.5 .. DMP, sz 9.5 .. Olympic VII, sz 9 .. Quickstrike XX, sz 10 .. Playoff XII, sz 9 .. White/Red XXI, sz 9 .. Zoom Lebron III black/black-varsity crimson , sz 9.5 .. Futura P-Rod, sz 9.5 .. HOA Air Max 90 Infared, sz 9.5 .. Mission Blazers sz 9.5

All shoes are in MINT, DEADSTOCK CONDITION .. LOCATION- Edison, New Jersey; EMAIL- anabolicgardo@tmail.com; AIM- anabolicgardo

Quote:
2. Swearing is unacceptable. Partially edited profanity such as "@#%$", "@#%$", "beyotch", "***", "f--k" and "di**" is also unacceptable. Attempting to circumvent this rule using abbreviations, acronyms, or other obvious representations of prohibited language will not be tolerated and will result in administrative action. Other restrictions may be made according to context. If you are unsure if a word is appropriate, DO NOT USE IT.

< WARNED >

Y'all talk like **** hasn't been doing work during this whole period :smh:
nono.gif

All progress reports i've read have been positive. Obviously, he needs to get bulked up...but don't think that he hasn't been doing that. He's been in the US for a while now and he has been scrimmaging & training the whole time. That's why he was noticed by WKU, Fla. International and other mid-majors. And obviously, he'll get some work once the WKU coaches gets their hands on him, if not already.

And besides, **** is not really a natural Center. He's more of a tweener between a 3 & 4. Those roles, he'll probably play most of the time over there so he should be more comfortable.

All i'm saying is, give the kid a chance. He's only 19. Y'all are so quick to say he aint gonna do shhh when we haven't even seen him play yet since going to the US.
-------------
aim: buttahlikeparkay

Chad Johnson on being covered: "It's just impossible,'' Johnson said, with a straight face. "It's not who I'm playing. It can't be done, and I've come to that conclusion. If I had to stop myself, I probably wouldn't be able to do it, either.''

i hope he gets some serious burn there...

i wish he stayed with Ateneo though. If Al-Hussaini's been beasting this season, imagine what Japeth would've done.

------------

It's so hard to Love when there's so much to Hate.

i am rod strickland no it didnt take me 10 years to graduate... i studied in the ateneo since i was elementary thru 2nd year in HS... and i played bball in 7th grade so i know the difference between bball here in the us and bball back there in the PI

mogzz04 wrote:
Y'all talk like **** hasn't been doing work during this whole period

All progress reports i've read have been positive. Obviously, he needs to get bulked up...but don't think that he hasn't been doing that. He's been in the US for a while now and he has been scrimmaging & training the whole time. That's why he was noticed by WKU, Fla. International and other mid-majors. And obviously, he'll get some work once the WKU coaches gets their hands on him, if not already.

And besides, **** is not really a natural Center. He's more of a tweener between a 3 & 4. Those roles, he'll probably play most of the time over there so he should be more comfortable.

All i'm saying is, give the kid a chance. He's only 19. Y'all are so quick to say he aint gonna do shhh when we haven't even seen him play yet since going to the US.

Quote:
Must have improved alot.

[size=+2]

[/size]

^ Nope...we're not dissing the guy infact we are all proud that he made Div 1 but you should also take the fact that if your skill level is INFERIOR to local trained Filipinos 2 years ago then I don't think bulking up and 2 years of experience will make a difference and make you a high impact player in Div 1.

However, if he was scoring easily on Filipinos 2 years ago and made Div 1 then I'm excited what he can do coz he has proven that he was better than most Filipinos of his age group thus it's only fitting to match his skills against the best Div 1 players.

Anyways, I wish he proves me wrong...

2K4 Laser Kobe sz 9.5 VNDS (tried on); SBs - ALL 9.5 DS, Band-aids, Vapors, Rip City 2K5 sz 10 DS
dOubleO @ gmail . com (just remove the spaces)

he's not the first.

i forget who, but the STAR had a column a day or two ago..

guess there were a couple filipino brothers who played D-I back in the 60s..

^ You must be referring to the Veloso twins. Supposedly, they played for the University of San Francisco with Bill Russell.

[size=+2]

[/size]

he's not the first. I had a teammate that played for monmouth university. forgot his name, i was teammates with him last year in an all-filipino league in new jersey.
"I put in everything I eat. It makes my dookie twinkle.Dave Chappelle

^ Your teammate was born and raised in the Philippines? I think they are claiming Japeth to be the first "real" Filipino to do it.

[size=+2]

[/size]

hahaha....what's a "real" filipino? the philippines goes by jus sanguinis (right of blood)...which means i'm a REAL filipino even though i was born in the states and my filipino is bad.

i once shot a three pointer at a sonics game, i guess that makes me the first filipino on the nba....

....court.

Back
Top Bottom