1st round in the West is going to be crazy!

New Orleans vs Denver Nuggets
eek.gif

LA Lakers vs Dallas Mavericks
eek.gif

San Antonio Spurs vs Phx Suns
eek.gif

Utah Jazz vs Houston Rockets
eek.gif

This is how it looks right now and if it turns out to be this way then
eek.gif
.. Anybody can win in the West
embarassed.gif

i know people are going to pick SA as the overall favorites due to the chemistry and their past and present performance but for some reason i think that phx isreally going to be the team that noone wants to play, forget the denver nuggets

it's still subject to change....should probably wait til after the season is over before making a post like this..nothing is set in stone quite yet, thereare a couple games to play.

I think the only thing that might change is the lakers and spurs seed. I like how it is because I don't want to play a fresh laker team 1st round.. Whoeverwins sunday with the Lakers and Spurs will determine who gets the higher seed, i think.

yeah the top of the west can still very much change...and let's not forget Denver hasn't clinched yet. I know they're bound to do it soon, but thatrace isn't over yet.

I'm hoping it ends up like this:

Lakers vs. Nuggets
Houston vs. Utah
Spurs vs. Suns
Hornets vs. Mavericks

That would be the ideal scenario for the Lakeshow, cause pretty much the other 4 elite teams will beat up on each other and two excellent squads are going tobe eliminated. All the while, we play _enver.

If it plays this way.. I pick Denver to upset NO. I know they play no defense, but the match-ups are in Denvers favor.

Yessir
pimp.gif

The sad part about the west? The 9th, 10th and possibly 11th team would make the playoffs in the East. The 3rd seed in the East is one game up on the 8th seedin the west...
roll.gif

I hate when people talk about if the West was in the East than they would make it.

That's why we have two conference people, if your favorite team is in the West then tough luck.

That just means your team has to play better than the other teams in the West and if the West is so much more better than the East than why don't you guysgo win every game against the Eastern Conference

Originally Posted by eeibaby

I hate when people talk about if the West was in the East than they would make it.

That's why we have two conference people, if your favorite team is in the West then tough luck.

That just means your team has to play better than the other teams in the West and if the West is so much more better than the East than why don't you guys go win every game against the Eastern Conference
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Like I said in the Lakers game thread last night...

That #1 seed is HUGE... It's the difference between Utah (4), Houston (5), and Denver (8) in your half of the bracket, or 2 of SA/LA/NO (2 and 3) thenPhoenix (6) and Dallas (7)...

None of the teams out West would be an easy out, but I think it's safe to say you'd really rather go through the bracket with Denver, Utahsince they can't win on the road, and Houston without Yao...

Nuggets can make it a series, but they aren't beating the Hornets. The only advantage they have is Carmelo. Hornets have the advantage at every otherposition.

Jazz will be lucky to get out of the first. Shows how big of a difference having Fisher is. We need that veteran that's been deep in the playoffs.

Originally Posted by daprescription

Nuggets can make it a series, but they aren't beating the Hornets. The only advantage they have is Carmelo. Hornets have the advantage at every other position.

i think the hornets have the advantage team and chemistry wise but every other position? i think that there may be some changes to the starting line upsfor better match ups

paul > ai??? west and chandler > camby and martin??? obvious carmelo > peja or peterson
indifferent.gif

i would like to think this is how it would match up as opposed to paul vs anthony carter
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
and maybe we'll see jr smith get a starting nod

Aren't you the same one who said the Lakers would end up with the 11th seed like 2 months ago?

Back
Top Bottom