2/4/2012 Red Foamposite One Vol: Here we go again Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ducktales

Originally Posted by polorico

The game has changed man , and i am only 22 thats the weird thing.

Back in my jordan prime the tuffest pair for me to snag were the grapes......

Now it seems like anything sells out thats "hot"

Its trends , i know yall remember when any retro jordan would sell out.......

Trends will die out over time , But i have never seen anything like this Were all the limited kobes,lbjs, and GR mikes and foamz make so much noise.

Its much tougher now. I'm 36. So I can give you all the old Oscar Robertson stories like Hubie Brown....some of my friends are in their forties and have some good ones too.So back in the day...late 80s early 90s. I lived a block away from a sneaker store in New Haven CT. This mom and pop sold sneakers, clothes, bikes, fixed screen windows, and we played spy hunter when that was the hot game. So Jordan's cost say $110 in the big box stores. We bought them for say $85 all in.So here's the equivalent of what you guys call hype beast moves back them for me. When Jordan's released at that time it was two different colorways a white and black pair, they released on Fridays so we skipped school (that's why they changed it to Saturdays years back). Playoff pairs followed later in the year. Kids would rock the pairs they bought the Monday after release....since we were the neighborhood kids our local store would sell us the pairs early, we paid cash and no receipt, we'd rock them on release day. Well other kids got hip to that and started doing the same. So we raised the ante, copped both the white and black pairs and wore one on each foot!.....Game over! Hang tags got nothing on those old school moves....I may need to find the granddads on this site and start shooting short films....

Swag lol!!! I did something similar to this at a sneaker event last Sunday in Houston. One grape on one foot one laney on the other hahaha

Trends will die out over time , But i have never seen anything like this Were all the limited kobes,lbjs, and GR mikes and foamz make so much noise.

Its much tougher now. I'm 36. So I can give you all the old Oscar Robertson stories like Hubie Brown....some of my friends are in their forties and have some good ones too.So back in the day...late 80s early 90s. I lived a block away from a sneaker store in New Haven CT. This mom and pop sold sneakers, clothes, bikes, fixed screen windows, and we played spy hunter when that was the hot game. So Jordan's cost say $110 in the big box stores. We bought them for say $85 all in.So here's the equivalent of what you guys call hype beast moves back them for me. When Jordan's released at that time it was two different colorways a white and black pair, they released on Fridays so we skipped school (that's why they changed it to Saturdays years back). Playoff pairs followed later in the year. Kids would rock the pairs they bought the Monday after release....since we were the neighborhood kids our local store would sell us the pairs early, we paid cash and no receipt, we'd rock them on release day. Well other kids got hip to that and started doing the same. So we raised the ante, copped both the white and black pairs and wore one on each foot!.....Game over! Hang tags got nothing on those old school moves....I may need to find the granddads on this site and start shooting short films....

Swag lol!!! I did something similar to this at a sneaker event last Sunday in Houston. One grape on one foot one laney on the other hahaha

Got to the spot at 7:45 am. employee shows up at 8:00 to take down names and sizes. Here are the sizes they had.

I was 6th in line and got the 12! Dude 7th in line wanted the 12 as well and was salty.

Got to the spot at 7:45 am. employee shows up at 8:00 to take down names and sizes. Here are the sizes they had.

I was 6th in line and got the 12! Dude 7th in line wanted the 12 as well and was salty.

Originally Posted by jzza4

Pics of 34th Street Footlocker Midnight release line:
25f2cs5.jpg

After waiting for nearly 3 hours, Footlocker ran out of size 12, so I went to Footaction.
242g208.jpg

After i got my pairs in niketown, i headed here just so i can get a few extra pairs, when i saw the line i didnt care bc it wasnt bad when i went their at 2am,,,,but then i kept hearing ppl saying OOOOOOOOOOOO mad loud
laugh.gif
and heard people were skipping and crowded the door so i was like, nah eff this im outta here

Originally Posted by jzza4

Pics of 34th Street Footlocker Midnight release line:
25f2cs5.jpg

After waiting for nearly 3 hours, Footlocker ran out of size 12, so I went to Footaction.
242g208.jpg

After i got my pairs in niketown, i headed here just so i can get a few extra pairs, when i saw the line i didnt care bc it wasnt bad when i went their at 2am,,,,but then i kept hearing ppl saying OOOOOOOOOOOO mad loud
laugh.gif
and heard people were skipping and crowded the door so i was like, nah eff this im outta here

camped for these at university mall in tampa. got to the mall around 3, by 6 there was 100 heads lined up and by 10ish there were over 200 people. got my pair without any trouble and FA kept it organized throughout.

camped for these at university mall in tampa. got to the mall around 3, by 6 there was 100 heads lined up and by 10ish there were over 200 people. got my pair without any trouble and FA kept it organized throughout.

^ kids like mr wavez  killed the game , you get ZERO respect from me at all...

Dudes like you cop mad pairs to resell ....

I just dont co sign the whole mixing up sneakers either , ill leave that to the skinny jean lil wayne fans.....

My pops is 60 and he copped pretty much every air force one , air max , and air jordan till bout 01 . He has nutty tales from dallas to NYC.

NYC heads was the release smooth on 34th ? or was it animals how it was for the concords.

^ kids like mr wavez  killed the game , you get ZERO respect from me at all...

I just dont co sign the whole mixing up sneakers either , ill leave that to the skinny jean lil wayne fans.....

My pops is 60 and he copped pretty much every air force one , air max , and air jordan till bout 01 . He has nutty tales from dallas to NYC.

NYC heads was the release smooth on 34th ? or was it animals how it was for the concords.

threw my connect money thursday night, rolled out of bed at 11am saturday for pick up. better safe than sorry.

It sounds like a lot of spots in the DMV got large shipments.. good luck yall!

threw my connect money thursday night, rolled out of bed at 11am saturday for pick up. better safe than sorry.

It sounds like a lot of spots in the DMV got large shipments.. good luck yall!

Any updates for Arizona -  Mesa/Tempe/Phx area ???? 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
 - reply or PM ME if you got leads 

Any updates for Arizona -  Mesa/Tempe/Phx area ???? 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
 - reply or PM ME if you got leads 

^ kids like you killed the game , you get ZERO respect from me at all...

was this at me? if so i was helping some friends out thats why i was gonna get a few extra pairs. but it was a no go.....and the release for 34th wasnt smooth at all, too many people skipping and crowded the door, im sure a fight prolly broke out, but i bounced with my pair, too many people were looking at my nike bag
roll.gif

^ kids like you killed the game , you get ZERO respect from me at all...

was this at me? if so i was helping some friends out thats why i was gonna get a few extra pairs. but it was a no go.....and the release for 34th wasnt smooth at all, too many people skipping and crowded the door, im sure a fight prolly broke out, but i bounced with my pair, too many people were looking at my nike bag
roll.gif

I tried to get a size 12 on NDC. Had everything ready to go submitted order at 12:02 and my size was already gone...
frown.gif

I tried to get a size 12 on NDC. Had everything ready to go submitted order at 12:02 and my size was already gone...
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Weatherman

This was crazy in my area (Central VA)

When I copped the Royals last year, it was only me and one other dude waiting at Footlocker...

This year, almost 40 heads at the mall an hour before the stores opened...

Was like 11th in line at Footaction, apparently they only had around 10 pairs. I needed a 10.5 or 11 and they were long gone by the time I got in. Ended up with a 8.5 smh...

Just amazes me how quickly things changed. What exactly was it that set off all this hype, the Retro Blue Pros?

And yeah, half the cats who got these don't even know who Penny Hardaway is. The whole thing has turned me off to Foams majorly. All sneakers for that matter.

I dunno. I'll be 25 years old this year. Starting to think I'm getting to old for this %%!%.

Yep, same here. In VA too. I was in line for the dark royals and didn't have a problem, this year the line was at least doubled.

It's why I'm turned off from foams.

Originally Posted by Weatherman

This was crazy in my area (Central VA)

When I copped the Royals last year, it was only me and one other dude waiting at Footlocker...

This year, almost 40 heads at the mall an hour before the stores opened...

Was like 11th in line at Footaction, apparently they only had around 10 pairs. I needed a 10.5 or 11 and they were long gone by the time I got in. Ended up with a 8.5 smh...

Just amazes me how quickly things changed. What exactly was it that set off all this hype, the Retro Blue Pros?

And yeah, half the cats who got these don't even know who Penny Hardaway is. The whole thing has turned me off to Foams majorly. All sneakers for that matter.

I dunno. I'll be 25 years old this year. Starting to think I'm getting to old for this %%!%.

Yep, same here. In VA too. I was in line for the dark royals and didn't have a problem, this year the line was at least doubled.

It's why I'm turned off from foams.

My first Bay Area Foam experience.
Wasn't too bad.. just not enough pairs to go around.

Footaction got 16 pairs, 40-50 people in line. I was number 12.. got there at 7, they didn't open til 9. Had to get a smaller size, time to trade.

144gnl.jpg

My first Bay Area Foam experience.
Wasn't too bad.. just not enough pairs to go around.

Footaction got 16 pairs, 40-50 people in line. I was number 12.. got there at 7, they didn't open til 9. Had to get a smaller size, time to trade.

144gnl.jpg

Its much tougher now. I'm 36. So I can give you all the old Oscar Robertson stories like Hubie Brown....some of my friends are in their forties and have some good ones too.So back in the day...late 80s early 90s. I lived a block away from a sneaker store in New Haven CT. This mom and pop sold sneakers, clothes, bikes, fixed screen windows, and we played spy hunter when that was the hot game. So Jordan's cost say $110 in the big box stores. We bought them for say $85 all in.So here's the equivalent of what you guys call hype beast moves back then for me. When Jordan's released at that time it was two different colorways a white and black pair, they released on Fridays so we skipped school (that's why they changed it to Saturdays years back). Playoff pairs followed later in the year. Kids would rock the pairs they bought the Monday after release....since we were the neighborhood kids our local store would sell us the pairs early, we paid cash and no receipt, we'd rock them on release day. Well other kids got hip to that and started doing the same. So we raised the ante, copped both the white and black pairs and wore one on each foot!.....Game over! Hang tags got nothing on those old school moves....I may need to find the granddads on this site and start shooting short films....

I was guilty of this in high school as well  
roll.gif
 also 36 
pimp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom