2 million teams passing on Darren Collison unappreciation.

Dudes is TRUE PG is every sense of the word. How did all these teams pass up on him? CP3 is definitly not gonna be in N.O after 2011

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Dudes is TRUE PG is every sense of the word. How did all these teams pass up on him? CP3 is definitly not gonna be in N.O after 2011
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

If CP3 isn't in N.O. after 2011, it's definitely NOT going to be because of !+#%#!# Darren Collision.

And nobody 'passed' on Darren Collison. He went right around where he was slotted to go. The one team who is probably kicking themselves is Utah.

Because he just wasn't THAT good coming out of UCLA.

I can't fault any GM's for passing on Darren Collison. This happens often. Just an example of a guy coming in with low expectations and putting in the necessary work to exceed them. It wasn't like on draft night there were millions of people going "how on earth did Collison go so low".

nah bro fam has improved alot under cp3 .. he was a damn good pg in college but like most 3-4 yr players ppl got caught up in the fact that his game wouldnt translate well to the league. but it really came down to how hard he has worked since he has been there. he makes great trade bait. i still dont see him as a starting guard in the league

I had a dream that the Hawks traded for him so he, Teague, and Bibby could battle for the starting PG position
ohwell.gif

*random*

I don't think teams are kicking themselves over passing on him though.

no way the Hornets take Collison over Cp3
CP3 is just TOO good

although the franchise is in a financial mess, they probably want to get rid of his contract because they believe in collison

he wasn't that good coming out of UCLA.....i was pissed when we drafted him but he def proved me wrong.....him and marcus thorton is
pimp.gif
......the owner George Shinn is an idiot.....its his fault the franchise is hurting like that money wise

That's a very PG friendly offense. I'm not talking "product of the system" nonsense, CP3 is the best PG in the game. But Collison is a good fit for what New Orleans does.

Collison's surprised me with his production. I thought he be a decent back up at best. I think the Hornets should sell high, package him with one of their bad contracts and get back a good swingman to team up with Chris Paul and David West.

Collison wasn't good in college? Y'all clearly making it obvious that you never watched him at UCLA...he was one of the top players in the Pac 10 his entire career there, and I hate UCLA.

Dude was clutch as they come, and would hit the 3 ball like it was a free throw. I remember him having an insane stat where he was like 50% from 3, 50% from field, 90% from free throw line, something like that

Originally Posted by Uter Zorker

Collison wasn't good in college? Y'all clearly making it obvious that you never watched him at UCLA...he was one of the top players in the Pac 10 his entire career there, and I hate UCLA.

Dude was clutch as they come, and would hit the 3 ball like it was a free throw. I remember him having an insane stat where he was like 50% from 3, 50% from field, 90% from free throw line, something like that

yea yea yea but i see you dont post in the college bball thread since arizona is trash......front runner 

Collison would work well running damn near any offense. He's a solid point guard, the problem is that the league is filled with point guards right now.

Originally Posted by Black Jesus

yea yea yea but i see you dont post in the college bball thread since arizona is trash......front runner 
? what kind of logic is this
laugh.gif

Like I said...he wasn't THAT good coming out of UCLA. I didn't say he wasn't good at all. You can all try to point at his numbers and pretend like his NBA potential didn't regress for his last two seasons. He was considered a lottery pick after his sophomore year and it literally took good showings at workouts for him to work himself back up to First Round potential when draft day came around. I'm not saying he was a bum...but the label on him by his senior year was good college player...backup pro at best.

If ya'll wanna act like he's 4 years at UCLA warranted THIS type of production from him...then go ahead. And as far as I'm concered...the jury is still out. I'd like to see him handle an NBA team for 82 games with defenses aimed at his team with him in mind before I crown him king like some of ya'll are doing.

I think we've seen this situation play out before recently. *points at Ramon Sessions*

I must admit that the rook has impressed many............CP3s future might be looking bleak in new orleans (for financial reasons)

Trading Chris Paul = Effectively killing the Hornets

Yeah Darren Collison is putting up good numbers, but he's not the face of the franchise like that. The Hornets would have to be nearly bankrupt to even think about trading Paul.

its like no one realizes that CP3 is a big reason why collison is doing so well...

also the guys that were picked before collison are pretty productive when given the play time. collison gets 40 minutes a night so you cant expect his numbers to be terrible. guys that were picked after collison such as caspi, beaubois and taj gibson are excelling in the NBA but no one is making threads about teams passing on them...

Collison was great at UCLA check the numbers. Not only that but he is doing well right now in the NBA, yes credit is owed to CP3 for mentoring him.

The Hornets would be stupid to let the best point guard in the game leave for Darren Collison

Originally Posted by diew its james

its like no one realizes that CP3 is a big reason why collison is doing so well...
Were you in the gym with them either when they were practicing, !$@! outta here.

And I don't think Ramon Sessions ever pu up these stats over this long a period, but maybe I'm wrong.

this. if you follow pac10 basketball you would know how good he was. just look at his resume and what he accomplished. people knocking him because he probably didn't leave early and stayed all four years.

I blame the UCLA offense that doesnt allow much freedom...The difference between westbrook and collison is teams were in awe of westbrook's athleticism...If Collison had a 40 inch vert he would've went top 5 as a soph.

Back
Top Bottom