2 shot to death on U. Washington campus

Quote:
By CURT WOODWARD, Associated Press Writer 5 minutes ago

SEATTLE - A man and a woman were shot to death in the University of Washington's architecture building Monday morning in what may have been a murder-suicide, university police said.

Officers responded to reports of gunfire found the two in an office on the fourth floor of Gould Hall, Assistant University Police Chief Ray Wittmeir said. He said a handgun was also found in the room.

"It's quite possible that the suspect is one of the deceased," Wittmeir said.

The victims were identified only as a woman in her mid-20s and a man in his 40s. Wittmeir said there were no witnesses to the shooting. About six shots were fired.

Student Meghan Pinch, 27, was in a first-floor classroom when she heard several loud bangs. She said she didn't think they were gunshots at first but then police told everyone to evacuate.

"No one wanted to really think it was real," Pinch said as she waited outside to learn if the victims were people she knew.

"We all are pretty close in this building," she said.

Gould Hall, built in 1972, is the university's architecture building. It houses three departmental offices, a dean's office, a library, shop, lab, computer facilities and classrooms, according to the university's Web site.
Link to Story... :wow:
eek.gif
:nerd:
nerd.gif

wow....thats crazy
i wasn't even on campus today, but i heard sirens from my apartment
i was afraid it was someone i knew..hopefully it isn't
but RIP

juss found this..thru myspace of all places haha:
Quote:
Two people shot at UW

By CASEY MCNERTHNEY and CHRISTINE FREY
P-I REPORTERS

A woman shot to death on the University of Washington campus Monday morning had lived in mortal fear for weeks about a man who was stalking her, her friends and co-workers said.

Her attacker apparently killed himself.after killing the woman The woman had changed her telephone numbers, moved a couple of times and e-mailed to co-workers in the UW's real estate program a description and photograph of her stalker, said Lance Nguyen, a graduate student in urban planning who worked with the woman. The 26-year-old woman worked in the Runstad Center for Real Estate Studies at the UW.

"She was visually shaken and scared,' said Nguyen. He said the man had threatened to harm her and her family.

The woman had, at times, worked from home because she was afraid to come to work. She also had considered riding her bike to work so she could vary her route, Nguyen said.

George Rolfe, a real estate professor, said the woman had recently sought a restraining order against the man but that for some reason the order couldn't be served on him.

The shooting occurred a little after 9 a.m. at a fourth-floor office in Gould Hall, which houses the architecture department and other programs. Police think the man and woman were in their 30s or 40s.

The woman had changed her telephone numbers and moved a couple of times and e-mailed to coworkers in the UW's real estate program a description and photograph of her stalker, said Lance Nguyen, a graduate student in urban planning who worked with the woman. The woman coordinated a program in the Deparment of Urban Design and Planning.

"She was visually shaken and scared,' said Nguyen. He said the man had threaten to harm her and her family.

The woman had at times worked from home because she was afraid to come to work. She had also considered riding her bike to work so that she could vary her route, Nguyen said.

advertising
The shooting occurred a little after 9 a.m. at a fourth-floor office in Gould Hall, which houses the architecture department, as well as other programs. Police believe the man and woman are in their 30s or 40s.
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp photo

UW Assistant Police Chief Ray Wittmier said officers recovered a gun, which likely belonged to one of the victims.

Students were in the building and filing in for classes when they heard loud noises. Witnesses said they didn't at first realize the noises were gunshots.

Nguyen said he was in a law class on the first floor when he heard four shots: "I thought it was just somebody pounding on the furniture."

Student Rick Martell-Scott said he entered the building around 9:20 and saw another student on the staircase looking frightened. "A lot of people didn't understand what was going on, so it was pretty calm," Martell-Scott said. "But I turned around and saw four cops with their guns drawn go upstairs."

Classes that were in progress continued.

The Monday incident recalled frightening memories for some in the UW community who were there in June 2000 when a medical resident, about to be fired, fatally shot his supervisor before turning the gun on himself.

The gunman, Dr. Jian Chen, a medical resident of one year, had come from medical school in Shanghai to work at the UW Medical Center, but was apparently having trouble succeeding because of language barriers. His victim, Dr. Rodger Haggitt, was a world-renowned gastrointestinal pathologist.

All classes in Gould Hall have been canceled, but regular schedules remain for the rest of the campus. Monday was the first day back from UW's spring break.

"It's a tragedy," said Eric Godfrey, vice provost for student affairs. He said the university would make counseling available for students and faculty who need to talk about the incident.

More details to come...
LINK

Restraining orders are so incredibly ineffective when the person is absolutely nuts. Unless you got a bodyguard there's nothing much you can do. It's unfortunate but a piece of paper isn't going to stop a crazy person.

yea i walked by and there were crazy people there...and this monday wasn't UW's 1st day back from spring break...last monday was...

Team Pacific Northwest​

yeah. my world studies teacher's sister knows the girl who got shot... she said something about the 40 year old guy stalking her and sending her threat letters and stuff
AIM: smileitscarwin​

yeah, my friend actually had class on the same floor the next day... he said everyone seemed a bit on edge, although nobody really said anything.
"LOVE is..
getting the shoes you want because YOU want them..
not because everyone else does.."

Back
Top Bottom