2 Words. Financial AID. vol :-O

what i dont understand is why so much $ is going to community college kids. does the government not know what community colleges charge?
*edit. just googled it and found out that not a lot of people in cali sign up for FA, so a lot of the grant money is left on the table

i go to cal state dominguez and the scheduled disbursement date was yesterday so hopefully i get my check in the mail sometime next week. when i do this will be my reaction.

pimp.gif

Too bad I'm not getting mine until towards the end of September. I already have some plans on how to spend it.
laugh.gif

I remember my first three semesters I was supposed to save up for my own car, but I blew it every time. I'm not good at saving money. I spent a majority of it on shoes, but I also bought a 32" TV for my room, went out to eat, bought some clothes, etc.

Now that I have my own truck, I can spend this semester's check on some shoes, clothes, fix up my truck a little bit, maybe a new phone and hopefully a new laptop.
pimp.gif

I'm pretty much getting paid to go to school, because all of my financial aid have been grants, including this semester. I go to a CC, though.
frown.gif

never understood how people get so much money that arent even loans. smh. im jealous. i probably cant even afford to take a full load this semester.

How does that work? Here in FL, we have a Bright Futures program so I didn't have to file a FAFSA when I was in undergrad. You guys just getting grants because you're independents or your parents don't generate enough income? Or are they technically loans where you have to pay them later on with little to no interest?

Most of my friends are working 9-to-5 paying back all their college loans...

Are yall not being claimed by parents? Is that how you get so much money back? I swear, I get NO HELP cuz my dad supposedly makes too much money & I'm being claimed by dude. Next year, things gonna change.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Are yall not being claimed by parents? Is that how you get so much money back? I swear, I get NO HELP cuz my dad supposedly makes too much money & I'm being claimed by dude. Next year, things gonna change.
x2
According to them, my mom makes too much...
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

x2
According to them, my mom makes too much...
30t6p3b.gif
x3 Me too, which is impossible cuz my family is poor as hell 
mad.gif

frown.gif

Thats what I'm saying.

I dont want to lie, but if I dont I get no help. Do the people at FAFSA check if you're lying?

What bothers me most is that last year I was at a community college and I got some help with tuition, but I was ok because of course tuition at a CC isnt much, but now this year I transfer to a university and live on campus, and I get NO help. Had to take out all of the loans I could. Where they do that at. 

dont lie^
When you turn 24 just file independent or if your parents agree to not claim you then file independent. If you have no job or little income, your EFC will be low and you will get a big refund.

Originally Posted by ev209

got 10k from grants this year, took out a 3500 loan as well

basically going to school for free with money left over

next year ill use the money i get from fin aid and pay off the 3500 loan

whip will be paid off by next summer

getting paid to go to school
pimp.gif
mind-blown.jpg

Fin. Aid + scholarships
pimp.gif
I used to get a couple grand each semester for myself til I F'd up
30t6p3b.gif

Now I only get a couple hundred which go to books anyway..

community college students should save that money until they transfer to a real school. Y'all are going to need it.

One of the best feelings in the world. I miss it. My dad worked at my university so my tuition was free + financial aid + Tribal scholarships.

I swear I was making more money going to school than I am now with my new job.
30t6p3b.gif

I should have went to a community college smh, but my mom wanted me gone. O well, Im still getting a fat check at a state university in a couple weeks
pimp.gif

my first year i was getting a lil something now i only get like 20-40 bucks now
frown.gif

I get a hefty refund check every semester but it's all loan money.. professional school ftl.. and now my loans start gaining interest while I'm still in school 
sick.gif
sick.gif
.. I need to hurry up and graduate. It's so easy to find free money for undergrad, I was on full scholarship, book voucher, and had the refund check.. good times  

Back
Top Bottom