2 years later and this incident still cracks me up

I remember all the gifs/pics that came from that vma thread though...
laugh.gif

19r310.gif

2q3qem1.gif

o5do44.jpg

Kanye is a @*+#$!+## that makes good music.

Besides 808's & heartbreaks.

that album was awful on another level of awful.

i always thought this was one of the most over reacted events. it made the mtv awards relevant.

i don't think this would have been talked about if kanye did that to fantasia. :kanyeshrug:

Originally Posted by y2kingsfan

i always thought this was one of the most over reacted events. it made the mtv awards relevant.

i don't think this would have been talked about if kanye did that to fantasia. :kanyeshrug:

SO what you're saying is that since Taylor is white, Kanye was treated as the big black man? 

laugh.gif
He was right though, i can't think of another music video recently that had as much impact as single ladies.  Babies loved that +#%@.

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Guarantee 90% don't know who Taylor Swift is if Kanye doesn't step on that stage that night.
To say she didn't gain anything from this is preposterous.

Again, Taylor Swift was a superstar before that happened. She had a more successful career than him before and after. And for full disclosure, I hate her and her music. I enjoy Kanye's antics and his music. I am not being biased here.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Kanye is a @*+#$!+## that makes good music.

Besides 808's & heartbreaks.

that album was awful on another level of awful.

808s was legit
grin.gif

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Guarantee 90% don't know who Taylor Swift is if Kanye doesn't step on that stage that night.
To say she didn't gain anything from this is preposterous.

Again, Taylor Swift was a superstar before that happened. She had a more successful career than him before and after. And for full disclosure, I hate her and her music. I enjoy Kanye's antics and his music. I am not being biased here.
Why do you hate her.

Cracked me up til no end at first but then I thought, "damn, if you can't even respect your peers and celebrate their achievements, especially musicians and artists, you are a pitiful human being". I'm sure Kanye wishes he could take it back, but that #$*# leaves a stain that an apology just doesn't wash away. And Taylor still racking up awards after awards.

Def made him look like a fool.

Oh what a night.
Originally Posted by Kingtre

laugh.gif
 never gets old

single ladies was a phenomena tho - it impacted every culture and had a million remakes from babies to grandmas...:kanye shrug: 
Single Ladies itself was a remake, sort of.

And, as disrespectful Kanye was, I hope one day I reach that point where I just don't give a 
7d51574a69d6fbf7c66591dcde7fe1322df06d2.gif
 either.

And, to be fair, MTV and the VMAs are a joke to begin with. It's not like he did this at the Oscars.

But, yes, Kanye was an 
7d51574a69d6fbf7c66591dcde7fe1322df06d2.gif
 for that one.

Originally Posted by Swag Odie

Taylor Swift did not receive a career boost from that incident. You don't know country music whatsoever if you actually believe that.
Kanye will never be half the artist she is when it comes to popularity, album and single sales. 

And I hate her and her "look at me, I'm so popular" stuck up attitude. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Utter foolishness.  Not only is part of that statement subjective, the other part is plainly not true.

This goes to show all you younger NTers, post quality > post quanitity.

Now who's the idiot here? She's sold 20 Million albums and 41 million singles. Both greater than Kanye. She made $45 million in each of 2010 AND 2011. Kanye barely made a third of that.So keep living in your hip hop bubble bro.
roll.gif
Nobody called you an idiot.  I wish I knew you in person so I could stroke your bruised ego (pause).
I did a cursory wikipedia tally, and T. Swift has sold less than 20, I think they're about equal, in fact. It's hard to find definite numbers though.

I like how you assume I live in a hip-hop bubble.  The fact that you have 26,000 posts here means you take this entirely too seriously
laugh.gif
Commit that.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Utter foolishness.  Not only is part of that statement subjective, the other part is plainly not true.

This goes to show all you younger NTers, post quality > post quanitity.

Now who's the idiot here? She's sold 20 Million albums and 41 million singles. Both greater than Kanye. She made $45 million in each of 2010 AND 2011. Kanye barely made a third of that.So keep living in your hip hop bubble bro.
roll.gif
Nobody called you an idiot.  I wish I knew you in person so I could stroke your bruised ego (pause).
I did a cursory wikipedia tally, and T. Swift has sold less than 20, I think they're about equal, in fact. It's hard to find definite numbers though.

I like how you assume I live in a hip-hop bubble. The fact that you have 26,000 posts here means you take this entirely too seriously
laugh.gif
Whats up with you and post counts?

Originally Posted by Young Handsome

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

Originally Posted by Young Handsome

She was popular before, but he DEFINITELY helped her career.
No ifs, ands, or buts about it. And dude at 1:09
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
He hurt his career also too
Kanye hurts his career all the time though. "George Bush does not care about black ppl." Some times I'm still surprised there wasn't more fallout for him saying that.

Although when I think about it Bush is patient enough to wait decades for payback, word to Sadaam. Ye gonna suddenly be facing tax evasion charges when he 42.

Originally Posted by RetroSan

lulz @ the hate Yeezy is getting in this thread
Taylor Swift will never have the same impact on music, fashion or culture as Kanye

Plus, its not his fault he was drinking the truth serum that night. Lil Mama is a biter tho 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Edit: And when did sale numbers tell the whole story, i mean the Carter IV sold like 900,000+ records the first week
laugh.gif

It's not his fault he was drinking the truth serum?  Then who's fault is it?  Let me guess, Amber.

Even if the MTV Awards is insignificant and a joke or if Beyonce really deserved it, even though he was drunk, hadn't been the same since his mom died or whatever, to get up there and do that is disrespectful whether it's to Taylor Swift or Aretha Franklin.  It just shows that he doesn't know how to act.

Lulz @ Taylor becoming more famous because of Ye. I like Ye, But people that listen to Taylor could care less who Ye is.

How can y'all dudes not listen to Taylor Swift?
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Country Music
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom