20 Secrets Your Waiter Will Never Tell You......#4 ORLY?

What you need to know about tipping
20. If you walk out with the slip you wrote the tip on and leave behind the blank one, the server gets nothing. It happens all the time, especially with people who've had a few bottles of wine.
-Judi Santana

mad.gif
mad.gif

..Another one is in some restaurants, when you don't sign the credit card slip but you leave a tip, the waiter still does not get the tip..

Originally Posted by tony AYOOO

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

i work in fast food and the things i see happen in the back are far worse than some of this stuff
co sign
laugh.gif

i used to work at taco bell....and we used to do crazy things to some peoples food..i posted it on nt one time and people were straight disgusted
laugh.gif

Elaborate por favor
nerd.gif
i knew somebody would wanna know
laugh.gif

keep in mind..we didn't do this to everybodys food..just people that would be %#$@@$%% when they were ordering

we would mess food up on purpose..you tell us you dont want this..you get it anyway
somebody says they dont want sauce..we'd put a ton of that sauce they didn't want on the burrito or taco
we spit in a few peoples food
we rubbed some peoples tortilla shells in some dust and put a bunch of meat over it to cover it up
we threw tortilla shells on the floor..which was dirty as hell..we stepped on a few
water down peoples drink
middle eastern people would always come to taco bell and ask for no beef..just beans..we'd be %#$@@$%% and put little pieces of beef in their beans
you come late night when we were about to close..your food is getting messed with
we'd eat steak and chicken out of peoples food as we were making it
and back when i worked at taco bell..we didn't have to wear gloves....we rarely washed our hands
we'd give people the old/hard chulupa shells on purpose
we'd skimp on what we'd give you..give you a little bit of meat and a ton of lettuce and sour cream

basically..when you order fast food..dont be a $$!$$*% at the box..b/c you never know who is working in the back..and we all wore headsets so we would know what the people were saying...
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

smh.gif

Originally Posted by BlueberryMansions7000

I wait tables at a retirement community. I HATE when people do the things on #10. I also HATE when a table starts asking for stuff one at a time. I bring the coffee, someone wants soda. Bring the soda, they saw the other persons coffee and now they want some. Bring that coffee, now the first person who ordered coffee needs a water. AHHHHHH!!! Thats why when I eat out (frequently), I always make sure I add a " when you have time" or "whenever you get the chance".

But I honestly could never spit in someones food. For one it doesn't really do anything, and I want the person to know I got them back.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
I hate that

I've done #20 a few times on accident, but sometimes the table is too far from my car and im too lazy so I just go home.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by kidoopz

What you need to know about tipping
20. If you walk out with the slip you wrote the tip on and leave behind the blank one, the server gets nothing. It happens all the time, especially with people who've had a few bottles of wine.
-Judi Santana
mad.gif
mad.gif

..Another one is in some restaurants, when you don't sign the credit card slip but you leave a tip, the waiter still does not get the tip..

when you leave a tip in cash or when its written?

these waiters must be terrible
indifferent.gif
i'm a waitress, by the way.

the one thing i will say, if a restaurant says, yeah we're open but the kitchen closes in X amount of minutes... please don't sit down. that means weare closing but not allowed to deny you.

superblyTRIFE wrote:

20 is good to know for the next time I get a jerkoff waiter, although its probably more degrading to leave a $1 tip.

I'm usually not one for leaving my server with nothing, but there have been a few times when they truly deserved nothing from me.

what kinda sense would that make? if your waiter was a jerkoff to begin with, if you leave a blank cc receipt... you dont think he wont fill it out?

AG 47 wrote:

11. We want you to enjoy yourself while you're there eating, but when it's over, you should go. Do you stay in the movie theater after the credits? No.
-Waiter at a casual restaurant in the Chicago area

i stay for a while, i need to digest. albeit, if you're going to stay for several hours, it's be nice to tip a little more because you;re occupying thewaiters table, but whatevs

I remember a friend of a friend of mine once went out for noodle soup, and they were messing around in the restaurant and being disrespectful. Guess what theyreplaced the soup with?

Piss.

13 Things Your Bartender Won't Tell You

1. Yell, whistle, or wave money and I'm going to make you wait. Make eye contact and smile, and I'll come over as soon as I can. Know what you want and have your money ready. Don't create a traffic jam.

2. Start a tab. If I swipe your card five times this evening, that's five times as much paperwork I have to do at 4 a.m.

3. You want a drink made "strong?" Then order a double-for double the price.

4. Liquor sales in bars and restaurants were down 2.2 percent last year. Even beer sales are slow. But people scrimp on food first, drinks second.

5. A lot of bars have comp tabs, which allows me to give away drinks. It's smart business and helps build a base of regulars.

6. Bars that don't have regulars (in hotels, airports) have started using wireless gadgets that measure how much is poured and automatically ring up each shot. They're meant to prevent overpouring and to cut losses, but I don't like them-neither do customers.

7. If your tipping guideline is still "a buck a drink," listen closely: That doesn't fly if you order a $12 cocktail. Tip at least 15 percent.

8. At some bars, the sliced fruit garnishes sit out until they're gone, sometimes for days. Munch accordingly.

9. The smoothest guys compliment a woman, then walk away-it's very nonthreatening.

10. I have the police on speed dial, and I never hesitate to call.

11. Don't order a round of drinks after last call. Last call applies to everyone-even you.

12. Some of us get a cut from the cab company when we call a taxi for a tipsy patron. Not that I've ever done that, of course.

13. Last week, a couple had a little too much and got into a dumb argument, then asked me to choose the "winner" of the fight. There isn't a tip big enough to get me involved in that situation!

Originally Posted by razzle dazzle

I remember a friend of a friend of mine once went out for noodle soup, and they were messing around in the restaurant and being disrespectful. Guess what they replaced the soup with?

Piss.

92a1584e7864baf89d162277e77b318ea8cff8e.jpg

7. If your tipping guideline is still "a buck a drink," listen closely: That doesn't fly if you order a $12 cocktail. Tip at least 15 percent.
whatever.. when it costs $12 for a simple vodka gimlet in NYC my "buck a drink" rule still applies.

i will never send food back even if it damn wrong
never know what they will do to your food regardless if you are being nice or not

Originally Posted by eight2one

Ihop/coney Island waitresses are the bottom of the barrel when it comes to serving.

I feel that, especially at 2am after the bars let out, they dont care about anything but turn over....but then again I am not going to a Coney Island ontelegraph and grand river to get top notch service....I want my HANI and chili cheese fries and I am out to the crib...

Originally Posted by JuJu

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

i work in fast food and the things i see happen in the back are far worse than some of this stuff
co sign
laugh.gif

i used to work at taco bell....and we used to do crazy things to some peoples food..i posted it on nt one time and people were straight disgusted
laugh.gif

Elaborate por favor
nerd.gif
i knew somebody would wanna know
laugh.gif

keep in mind..we didn't do this to everybodys food..just people that would be %#$@@$%% when they were ordering

we would mess food up on purpose..you tell us you dont want this..you get it anyway
somebody says they dont want sauce..we'd put a ton of that sauce they didn't want on the burrito or taco
we spit in a few peoples food
we rubbed some peoples tortilla shells in some dust and put a bunch of meat over it to cover it up
we threw tortilla shells on the floor..which was dirty as hell..we stepped on a few
water down peoples drink
middle eastern people would always come to taco bell and ask for no beef..just beans..we'd be %#$@@$%% and put little pieces of beef in their beans
you come late night when we were about to close..your food is getting messed with
we'd eat steak and chicken out of peoples food as we were making it
and back when i worked at taco bell..we didn't have to wear gloves....we rarely washed our hands
we'd give people the old/hard chulupa shells on purpose
we'd skimp on what we'd give you..give you a little bit of meat and a ton of lettuce and sour cream

basically..when you order fast food..dont be a $$!$$*% at the box..b/c you never know who is working in the back..and we all wore headsets so we would know what the people were saying...

how is asking for beans only being a prick?
that was just us being as$holes
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DublBagn

Originally Posted by eight2one

Ihop/coney Island waitresses are the bottom of the barrel when it comes to serving.

I feel that, especially at 2am after the bars let out, they dont care about anything but turn over....but then again I am not going to a Coney Island on telegraph and grand river to get top notch service....I want my HANI and chili cheese fries and I am out to the crib...

laugh.gif
after the club food have different standards....If I'm in a clubdowntown Ill go to MGM or Motorcity just to eat afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom