20 Secrets Your Waiter Will Never Tell You......#4 ORLY?

Originally Posted by JuJu

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

I'm sorry, but i'm a barback and work my +*$ off...waiters are *******...you know what you are getting into i never understand the complaints...the one thing you can complain about is a small tip but otherwise you got yourself into that job you should know what you are getting into...i can't stand people $+@@!%! with other peoples food...

thank you! how you gonna complain because you CHOSE to work a job that makes you dependent on other peoples generosity. plus i know so many waters who did bs like say they were out of stuff cause they were to lazy to go get it and still have the audacity to complain. maybe if you brought me what i wanted and i didnt have to settle i would have tipped you better. i ALWAYS tip 20% cause as a black man i know most waiters prolly think im not gonna tip, i always stay until they pick up the check (and check the tip i leave first thing) and i always get a second look like wow didnt expect that. douchebags...
Cosign.

I'm scared of eating out now. I'm a polite person, but looks like I'll be eating out at Subway because you can see what's going on.
ohwell.gif

Plus the dude there is cool with me.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

7. If your tipping guideline is still "a buck a drink," listen closely: That doesn't fly if you order a $12 cocktail. Tip at least 15 percent.
whatever.. when it costs $12 for a simple vodka gimlet in NYC my "buck a drink" rule still applies.
I agree with this.

The thing that always gets me are the bartenders who reach into the fridge, grab a Budweiser, twist off the cap, and set it on the bar. You did about 3-5seconds of work. Don't expect anymore than a dollar per 2 or 3 beers if that's what I'm rolling with.

I normally call the waiter by their name ... I try my best to be polite , who knows what they are doing in the back with my food. I use to work in the cafe atschool and we had some fun every now and then
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

7. If your tipping guideline is still "a buck a drink," listen closely: That doesn't fly if you order a $12 cocktail. Tip at least 15 percent.
whatever.. when it costs $12 for a simple vodka gimlet in NYC my "buck a drink" rule still applies.

You know?

Back
Top Bottom